Re: CONFIMRED - Paul Ince sacked

by genome » 12 Apr 2023 11:00

Just click on the link?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Apr 2023 11:04

Snowflake Royal
Hound Do you think the owner is choosing the manager? Doubt he’ll have anything to do with it other than a call to Bowen to ask how it’s going

Not like he has the slightest clue about football and it’s basically Bowen’s job to choose

Confident he didn’t choose Hunt
Who else chose Paunovic?
He chose Bowen.
Who else chose Gomes?
Probably didn’t choose Clement.
Stam appointed before he took over.

Clement was definitely Gourlay’s man

Pauno and Bowen his choice via Kia

But it’s Bowen’s job now and he will be responsible for the choice

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 12 Apr 2023 16:19

genome Just click on the link?

At work we are limited to what we can do online. Even our phones don't connect to Wifi/5G due to the nature of what we do. :roll:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Apr 2023 16:38

PATRIQT
genome Just click on the link?

At work we are limited to what we can do online. Even our phones don't connect to Wifi/5G due to the nature of what we do. :roll:

Ah. He said:

"How’s it got to this …
@ReadingFC

Stability on & off the pitch were fundamental in the clubs previous success. Players who were integral in those title winning teams eg
Kitson/karacan should be integrated into prominent roles within the club. Identity needs to be restored."

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Apr 2023 17:26

Ince now saying Klopp and Pep wouldn't have done a better job than him at Reading. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Apr 2023 17:34

Ascotexgunner Ince now saying Klopp and Pep wouldn't have done a better job than him at Reading. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Said that before he was sackrd. Guy is a clown.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Apr 2023 17:52

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner Ince now saying Klopp and Pep wouldn't have done a better job than him at Reading. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Said that before he was sackrd. Guy is a clown.

I cannot get my head around what he may have been telling players or how he has been coaching this team. It like a cross between clueless and arrogance.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Apr 2023 17:56

I would absolutely love it if Hunt rubbed a surprise win in one of the next 3 games in Ince's face.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 12 Apr 2023 18:02

Snowflake Royal I would absolutely love it if Hunt rubbed a surprise win in one of the next 3 games in Ince's face.

Grab a first minute goal and defend for 97 minutes with backs to wall and win 1-0. Just to stick it to him that this team do have it in them.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Apr 2023 18:03

Ascotexgunner
Snowflake Royal I would absolutely love it if Hunt rubbed a surprise win in one of the next 3 games in Ince's face.

Grab a first minute goal and defend for 97 minutes with backs to wall and win 1-0. Just to stick it to him that this team do have it in them.

I don't think that's the way to do it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Apr 2023 18:08

billions of £ apart…laughable, even Pep would flounder.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 14 Apr 2023 16:41

Vision
Schards#2 I have every sympathy with Ince, for both his seasons the remit was to stay up. He achieved it last season and would have achieved this season without the points deduction. To that extent, he did his job.

I don't doubt we all want to see flowing attacking football but the reality is we do not have the squad capable of that and so played a style that would scrabble together the necessary points to survive. I wish Noel Hunt every luck and hope that we get that new manager bounce but I would be very surprised. The only consolation is my £20 Judas bet at 66/1 to be relegated, at least that pays for next season's ticket

:roll:

Well that’s exactly the point isn’t it .

If we’ve supposedly assembled a squad to fight relegation, why when it’s become a reality are they so shit at it?

With or without 6 point deduction it shouldn’t have come down to this . Managers publicly claiming that avoiding relegation is the only target is just them telling us what a wonderful job they’re doing.

He had the tools to not be even remotely looking over our shoulder but his insistence that his players weren’t good enough for anything other than survival has bitten him and us badly .

Well, given we stayed up last year and would have stayed up this, (without the points deduction), that would suggest they actually aren't that shit at it.

I disagree that he had the tools to do far better, the squad is made up almost entirely of players no one else wants, if they did, they could get them, (with Tom Ince being the exception). Hence, old, injury prone, inexperienced and it catches up with you over a season. Lets see if Hunt can get any more out of them. As I said, I would be delighted to be surprised, but suspect we won't get more than 3 points in the remainder of this season, which won't be enough.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Apr 2023 17:13

Even if Hunt gets a couple of wins, don’t think it really proves anything. Ince got lots of wins early season witb the same bunch

Just the new voice and hopefully a few fresh ideas may be enough to get us a couple of wins.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 14 Apr 2023 18:06

Schards#2
Vision
Schards#2 I have every sympathy with Ince, for both his seasons the remit was to stay up. He achieved it last season and would have achieved this season without the points deduction. To that extent, he did his job.

I don't doubt we all want to see flowing attacking football but the reality is we do not have the squad capable of that and so played a style that would scrabble together the necessary points to survive. I wish Noel Hunt every luck and hope that we get that new manager bounce but I would be very surprised. The only consolation is my £20 Judas bet at 66/1 to be relegated, at least that pays for next season's ticket

:roll:

Well that’s exactly the point isn’t it .

If we’ve supposedly assembled a squad to fight relegation, why when it’s become a reality are they so shit at it?

With or without 6 point deduction it shouldn’t have come down to this . Managers publicly claiming that avoiding relegation is the only target is just them telling us what a wonderful job they’re doing.

He had the tools to not be even remotely looking over our shoulder but his insistence that his players weren’t good enough for anything other than survival has bitten him and us badly .

Well, given we stayed up last year and would have stayed up this, (without the points deduction), that would suggest they actually aren't that shit at it.

I disagree that he had the tools to do far better, the squad is made up almost entirely of players no one else wants, if they did, they could get them, (with Tom Ince being the exception). Hence, old, injury prone, inexperienced and it catches up with you over a season. Lets see if Hunt can get any more out of them. As I said, I would be delighted to be surprised, but suspect we won't get more than 3 points in the remainder of this season, which won't be enough.

The nearer we've got to relegation being a reality, the worse we've got. So I'd say the side Ince/Bowen have supposedly assembled to fight relegation THIS season isn't doing a very good job of it. They've known the situation for weeks if not months and we've been oxf*rd awful for all of that time.

People talk as if the players we assembled were the only players left in existence. It's absolute nonsense.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Apr 2023 19:01

Yes but the reality is we didn’t get a lot to pick from and the players who are here on expensive contracts and should be strong players in this division (Joao, Moore, Meite, Ejaria) have been injured for large chunks of the season. Not only have we possibly the lowest wage bill but a big chunk of that has been absolutely useless to us

Carroll, Hutchinson were big gambles considering their injury records - one has worked out, the other hasn’t

There is a reason we’ve been able to pick up those players that we did. It was always going to be a struggle with the players we have (and with our injury issues)

Had those mentioned been available and fully fit all season we’d have had more of a chance tbh

I’m not really sure what else Bowen could have done. I mean in retrospect we could say cheap player a instead of cheap player b, but the squad - fully fit - would prob have been good for low mid table

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 14 Apr 2023 19:51

Hound Yes but the reality is we didn’t get a lot to pick from and the players who are here on expensive contracts and should be strong players in this division (Joao, Moore, Meite, Ejaria) have been injured for large chunks of the season. Not only have we possibly the lowest wage bill but a big chunk of that has been absolutely useless to us

Carroll, Hutchinson were big gambles considering their injury records - one has worked out, the other hasn’t

There is a reason we’ve been able to pick up those players that we did. It was always going to be a struggle with the players we have (and with our injury issues)

Had those mentioned been available and fully fit all season we’d have had more of a chance tbh

I’m not really sure what else Bowen could have done. I mean in retrospect we could say cheap player a instead of cheap player b, but the squad - fully fit - would prob have been good for low mid table

Joao, Ejaria and Meite have all been available for chunks of the season and when they have played they've looked a shadow of their actual selves.

I'll keep on saying it, the way people (Ince in particular) talk is that we're lucky to get any points at all. Half the Championship sides have the same make up of journeymen, championship stalwarts, veterans, kids and match-winners on their day (which is not often enough hence they're playing in the Championship)

I'm afraid the "it'll be a miracle if we stay up" narrative has been talked into existence until everyone (including it would seem the players) believed it.

We started off with a crippling injury list and we've ended with a crippling injury list but in between the slump started when Ince had plenty of choices to make.

I'll also add that if you're chasing the ball for 60% at best for game after game then there's every chance you'll be picking up injuries. If you point blank refuse to use home grown "kids" but persist in picking players carrying injuries then you make a rod for your own back.

It really didn't need to come to this and the reason it has is mainly down to one man.

No-one said it was an easy job but it wasn't an impossible one. How many players have improved under Ince and how many have gone backwards?

Holmes Possibly? His son?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Apr 2023 20:09

Vision
Hound Yes but the reality is we didn’t get a lot to pick from and the players who are here on expensive contracts and should be strong players in this division (Joao, Moore, Meite, Ejaria) have been injured for large chunks of the season. Not only have we possibly the lowest wage bill but a big chunk of that has been absolutely useless to us

Joao, Ejaria and Meite have all been available for chunks of the season and when they have played they've looked a shadow of their actual selves.

I'll keep on saying it, the way people (Ince in particular) talk is that we're lucky to get any points at all. Half the Championship sides have the same make up of journeymen, championship stalwarts, veterans, kids and match-winners on their day (which is not often enough hence they're playing in the Championship)

I'm afraid the "it'll be a miracle if we stay up" narrative has been talked into existence until everyone (including it would seem the players) believed it.

We started off with a crippling injury list and we've ended with a crippling injury list but in between the slump started when Ince had plenty of choices to make.

I'll also add that if you're chasing the ball for 60% at best for game after game then there's every chance you'll be picking up injuries. If you point blank refuse to use home grown "kids" but persist in picking players carrying injuries then you make a rod for your own back.

It really didn't need to come to this and the reason it has is mainly down to one man.

No-one said it was an easy job but it wasn't an impossible one. How many players have improved under Ince and how many have gone backwards?

Not really defending ince as he lost the plot totally at the end. And I think we/he got very lucky with results early season

But most teams have a similar make up of players - but they are simply better imo. I don’t think you can just compare by saying the make up of the sides are similar. And obvs the other teams when building these squads of similar players haven’t been unable to pay a fee, agents fee, loan fee, 1 year max contracts (last year), and have them wait while the EFL ratifies every transfer

I really don’t rate our bunch. I don’t think any of them other than Ince, Joao or Carroll (at a push Holmes) get into another side in the division

If we hadn’t had the 6 points off we’d be around the Rotherham mark which is probably about where we are squad wise.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Apr 2023 20:33

If all our squad was available for free at reasonable wages, how many would actually get picked up by Championship clubs for their first team? Being brutally honest.

Pretty sure: Ince, Joao, Long

Probably: Mbenge, Hoilett, Ejaria

Maybe?: Lumley, Carroll

I'm really not sure anyone else would.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Apr 2023 20:50

Vision

This. This. And this some more.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Apr 2023 20:52

Not long ago the consensus was our midfield was much improved on last season.

Lots of our signings were apparently very good at the start of the season.

There's a lot of people who are changing their tune to make out we've always been rubbish this season.

Not long ago the same people.were claiming we were a clear mid-table side.

188 posts