Robin Friday

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 23 Feb 2007 21:31

John Madejski's Wallet
RoyalBlue A lot of them were still happy to take his money off him though!

Not really he was barred from many of them!

After they'd taken his money!

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 23 Feb 2007 21:32

Seal a drunk loser in a number of Reading pubs.

harsh

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 23 Feb 2007 22:17

newbiscuit Yes you are entitled to your own opinions, but please feed your own mind. You have already stated that you didn't know the man, and have only heard about him from your family. That tells us a lot.

The fact I can't remember seeing him play along with the fact my family couldn't stand the man and had barred him from all our pubs......what exactly does that tell you about me then??

And what the hell does "please feed your own mind" mean??

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 23 Feb 2007 22:31

Sharpy local market trader in twickers saw me in my hoops and stopped me saying he was one of fridays best mates as they grew up together in acton. told me loads of the 'silly' stuff he did

ie shitting in the team bath etc

A bit off topic, but someone had a shit in a swimming pool at bracknell's harman's water school when i was back in year 5 (1995) on a regular school trip. was a floater too!

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 24 Feb 2007 06:30

I would allow RF his excesses, ok he never made it to the top of the game, so what, perhaps he was just not that bothered. Football was different then, there was fierce loyalty, and players stayed at clubs longer.

RF was simply the best player I have seen in a Reading shirt, he is the one that you knew was going to do something that would amaze and entertain you.

To compare to todays players is difficult, closer to Giggs than Ronaldo, no silly step overs, the ball was glued to his foot at times as he drifted past defenders.

I have a photo of myself in the seventies in RF stylie playing footy at school, next time we get a thread i will scan it in and put it up.!!!!!