Inevitabilities for Saturday

162 posts
Ashfordroyal

by Ashfordroyal » 18 Jan 2008 15:03

When Marcus under no pressure boots a clearance in to the West Stand, the bloke behind me will shout:
"Oh come on! Your a professional footballer!"
His 8 year old daughter will say "why does he do that daddy"
Shaking his head continuously he`ll say:
"I dont know, I just dont know"

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 18 Jan 2008 15:04

Katie Marsden 76.
Reading fans - we support our local team
United fans - you support a load of shit

Reading fans think in silence for 5 minutes while United sing he plays on the left etc

5 minutes of silence from Reading fans later

Reading fans - you only live around the corner
United fans - you've only come to see United

Reading fans - we support our local team
United fans - you support a load of shit

Reading fans think in silence for 5 minutes while United sing he plays on the left etc

5 minutes of silence from Reading fans later

Reading fans - you only live around the corner
United fans - you've only come to see United

Reading fans - der der der der der

so you're an United fan this week then.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 15:08

Stranded If you think about it all football fans are embarrassing:

I mean thousands of grown men/women paying shedloads of money to travel around the country to watch 22 men kick a bag of air around a park.

Not only that but they sing about how much they love these blokes who they've never met and have little to nothing in common with and then look to take the mick out of another set of men/women for doing the same thing but for a team that wear another colour shirt.

Shit. Good point. I'll stay at home tomorrow and remove channel 405 from my favourites too. Crap. What will I do with my Saturday afternoons? :(

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 15:09

Rawlie19

I mean thousands of grown men/women paying shedloads of money to travel around the country to watch 22 men kick a bag of air around a park.

Not only that but they sing about how much they love these blokes who they've never met and have little to nothing in common with and then look to take the mick out of another set of men/women for doing the same thing but for a team that wear another colour shirt.

Shit. Good point. I'll stay at home tomorrow and remove channel 405 from my favourites too. Crap. What will I do with my Saturday afternoons? :(

Actually it's ok, that's not me at all. I don't take the mick out of any other set of men/women for supporting a different team. Unless it's :lol: eeds. Or Mi :lol: wa :lol: .

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 18 Jan 2008 15:12

Maybe so if that's the way you want to look at it.
Come on though, our fans are piss poor, some clubs have the same problem but all games of other teams I've been to I've left thinking that our fans are a tad on the crap side. Never mind.
Last edited by who are ya? on 18 Jan 2008 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 18 Jan 2008 15:12

80. Plenty of really loud support for Reading for about 5 minutes then as realisation dawns that Man U are already 2 up, silence for the rest of the game (apart from that freaky moment towards the end when we get a corner).

81. Despite defeat a good Reading performance will occur, all things considered, and SC will be further convinced that we don't need any more signings and break off any current negotiations.

82. Arsenal won't loan us any players for tomorrow's game.

83. The bloke behind me will go on and on and on about how cr*p Lita and Sonko have been this season despite neither of them playing.

84. We'll all be run over in the car park as the club yet again fails to prevent traffic leaving the ground at the same time as pedestrians.

85. It'll piddle down all afternoon and everyone around the ground in Rows A-K will get soaked.

86. 10% of the East Stand will arrive after kick off and, while they get to their seats, block the view of those who can manage to arrive on time during those few minutes we're "still in the game".

doyleisaroyal

by doyleisaroyal » 18 Jan 2008 15:20

87. We will keep a clean sheet.

Nurse, nurse, more medication..........

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 15:30

Barry the bird boggler 80. Plenty of really loud support for Reading for about 5 minutes then as realisation dawns that Man U are already 2 up, silence for the rest of the game (apart from that freaky moment towards the end when we get a corner).

81. Despite defeat a good Reading performance will occur, all things considered, and SC will be further convinced that we don't need any more signings and break off any current negotiations.

82. Arsenal won't loan us any players for tomorrow's game.

83. The bloke behind me will go on and on and on about how cr*p Lita and Sonko have been this season despite neither of them playing.

84. We'll all be run over in the car park as the club yet again fails to prevent traffic leaving the ground at the same time as pedestrians.

85. It'll piddle down all afternoon and everyone around the ground in Rows A-K will get soaked.

86. 10% of the East Stand will arrive after kick off and, while they get to their seats, block the view of those who can manage to arrive on time during those few minutes we're "still in the game".

Row J, and I've never been soaked there.

Damn. That's done it for tomorrow then.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Jan 2008 15:36

who are ya?

Maybe so if that's the way you want to look at it.
Come on though, our fans are piss poor, some clubs have the same problem but all games of other teams I've been to I've left thinking that our fans are a tad on the crap side. Never mind.

The point is though, it really doesn't matter does it.? So why waste part of life comparing groups of fans?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 18 Jan 2008 15:40

It does though doesn't it, really.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Jan 2008 15:41

Why does it?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 18 Jan 2008 15:43

Because I'm sure you would much rather watch your football on saturdays in a ground famous for it's atmosphere, with passionate fans who actually have decent chants. If you would then it matters, if not then I'll move on quietly..

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Jan 2008 15:57

To someone so self conscious that they can be embarassed by their fellow fans I'm sure it matters a lot

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 18 Jan 2008 16:03

Not really, it's just frustrating more than anything. It's the main thing I've always taken shit for about being a Reading fan but I can't actually disagree.
I like the whole culture that football brings so it does get to me yeah, it would be different if I was the type of fan who sits in the ground an hour before kick off ticking who's playing in the programme, never letting out anything more than a polite clap.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Jan 2008 16:20

Fair enough, football for me is about a day out with my mates, a few beers and the game.

I enjoy it the way I enjoy it and couldn't care less what the rest of the fans in the ground are doing/not doing or what they think of me.

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 18 Jan 2008 16:30

who are ya? Not really, it's just frustrating more than anything. It's the main thing I've always taken shit for about being a Reading fan but I can't actually disagree.
I like the whole culture that football brings so it does get to me yeah, it would be different if I was the type of fan who sits in the ground an hour before kick off ticking who's playing in the programme, never letting out anything more than a polite clap.

i agree completely but having like minded fans together in the same area where they can stand and sing and help create a really good atmosphere and really get behind the team...well thats the worst idea i have ever heard!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Jan 2008 17:26

dont worry about the other fans
all we can do is shout sing and clap as loudly as we can and hope it spreads

i have had some great days at the madejski though, this and last season too
great atmosphere when we can be arsed, even if all the songs are of the "insert club name here" variety

where have all those witty intelligent imaginative chant-singing fans we used to have at elm park gone to?

Katie Marsden

by Katie Marsden » 18 Jan 2008 17:37

88. Reading shirters will give the biggun to a coach of United fans, the coach will pull over and the lads will get off and give the Shirters a slap.

Once shirters are on floor thwy will be left alone.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 18 Jan 2008 17:45

Katie Marsden 88. Reading shirters will give the biggun to a coach of United fans, the coach will pull over and the lads will get off and give the Shirters a slap.

:roll: Fcuking mancs.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Jan 2008 17:47

Katie Marsden 88. Reading shirters will give the biggun to a coach of United fans, the coach will pull over and the lads will get off and give the Shirters a slap.

and that would make them feel all big and tough and clever

162 posts