Rival Watch

17460 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rival Watch

by Hound » 17 Dec 2021 13:16

andrew1957 As for me I was told nearly 5 years ago that I had 6 months to live with terminal cancer. I refused all treatment and discharged myself from NHS care and instead massively improved my diet and took natural vitamins/products and the cancer was provably gone within 6 months (the NHS confirmed I was entirely cancer free in April 2018). I have continued a good diet and natural products and my health is remarkably good. I have my immune system tested regularly and since the cancer scare it has been working at 100% and I have had no illness at all since 2017. I take no pharma products of any sort (apart from a very rare painkiller if I get a headache) as being high risk for cancer I need to keep my body clean to remain cancer free and so I cannot risk taking any vaccines as all vaccines contain carcinogens in them (just check the labels). As I am in essential work I have worked and travelled and mixed with others throughout covid, taking vitamin C and D most days. Many around me have had covid and so I am pretty sure I must have been exposed to it a number of times, but I have not caught it. I trust my immune system over any vaccine.

genuinely interested in this - what do you mean improve your diet - ie what do you eat now that you didnt before, or what did you cut out?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2021 13:32

Franchise FC
andrew1957

You can understand the players not wanting to risk be vaxxed. They are young and fit and don't need the covid vaccinations and are probably aware of all the players collapsing the pitch with heart issues recently - not that that has anything to do with the vaccinations of course - just coincidence!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... dence.html

I don’t think I’m the only Nobber with heart issues.
My first vaccine, second and booster have had absolutely no effect on my heart at all

So you can !!! all you like, but the vaccines are not the issue

Edit: sorry, just noticed you quoted the Daily Mail :lol: :lol: :lol:

If there is a link, it's more likely to be demanding players carry on as normal whilst experiencing side effects IMO.

Footballers being selfish morons isn't new.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Dec 2021 14:03

Hound
andrew1957 As for me I was told nearly 5 years ago that I had 6 months to live with terminal cancer. I refused all treatment and discharged myself from NHS care and instead massively improved my diet and took natural vitamins/products and the cancer was provably gone within 6 months (the NHS confirmed I was entirely cancer free in April 2018). I have continued a good diet and natural products and my health is remarkably good. I have my immune system tested regularly and since the cancer scare it has been working at 100% and I have had no illness at all since 2017. I take no pharma products of any sort (apart from a very rare painkiller if I get a headache) as being high risk for cancer I need to keep my body clean to remain cancer free and so I cannot risk taking any vaccines as all vaccines contain carcinogens in them (just check the labels). As I am in essential work I have worked and travelled and mixed with others throughout covid, taking vitamin C and D most days. Many around me have had covid and so I am pretty sure I must have been exposed to it a number of times, but I have not caught it. I trust my immune system over any vaccine.

genuinely interested in this - what do you mean improve your diet - ie what do you eat now that you didnt before, or what did you cut out?

Hi Hound
The main issue is sugar. I have come to believe through working with a fantastic private nutritionist that sugar feeds cancer. When I first saw her I was riddled with candida (yeast infection) in my gut. I was so badly infested with it that she could not even get a reading from me. I would have said that I had a good diet before that, but obviously not. I went on a 6 week diet where I cut out all sugar, all processed foods of any sort, dairy, most gluton, alcohol etc. I typically ate/still eat normal meals - no snacks, porridge + banana and usually eggs for breakfast, lots of salads and oily fish for lunch and meat/fish plus veg for evening meal. Nothing special. Just all good home cooked food. I also eat a lot of fruit (natural sugar) although she only allowed apples and bananas during the initial 6 week diet as some fruit like berries contain a lot of sugar. I daily took a liquid probiotic, vit C and D and frankincense oil (diffused in a base oil) and rubbed near the cancer externally. When I first saw her about the cancer at the start of May 2017, my immune system was barely working at all and so I have no doubt that I did have cancer and it was not a misdiagnosis. After 8 weeks I went back to see her. The candida had gone (and has not returned since) and my immune system was back working at 95%! Even she was staggered by the improvement over such a short time. Within 6 months my immune system was back to 100% and has been ever since. I had no cancer symptoms by November 2017 but as I said earlier did not go back to see anyone at the NHS until April 2018 - when they gave me the all clear. Amazingly the NHS have a booklet which states that diet has no effect on cancer and they seem entirely closed minded to the possibility - despite me being living proof.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Dec 2021 14:10

Any way - currently 22 games scheduled for this weekend across the top 4 divisions postponed due to Covid.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2021 14:15

andrew1957
Hound

Hi Hound
The main issue is sugar. I have come to believe through working with a fantastic private nutritionist that sugar feeds cancer. When I first saw her I was riddled with candida (yeast infection) in my gut. I was so badly infested with it that she could not even get a reading from me. I would have said that I had a good diet before that, but obviously not. I went on a 6 week diet where I cut out all sugar, all processed foods of any sort, dairy, most gluton, alcohol etc. I typically ate/still eat normal meals - no snacks, porridge + banana and usually eggs for breakfast, lots of salads and oily fish for lunch and meat/fish plus veg for evening meal. Nothing special. Just all good home cooked food. I also eat a lot of fruit (natural sugar) although she only allowed apples and bananas during the initial 6 week diet as some fruit like berries contain a lot of sugar. I daily took a liquid probiotic, vit C and D and frankincense oil (diffused in a base oil) and rubbed near the cancer externally. When I first saw her about the cancer at the start of May 2017, my immune system was barely working at all and so I have no doubt that I did have cancer and it was not a misdiagnosis. After 8 weeks I went back to see her. The candida had gone (and has not returned since) and my immune system was back working at 95%! Even she was staggered by the improvement over such a short time. Within 6 months my immune system was back to 100% and has been ever since. I had no cancer symptoms by November 2017 but as I said earlier did not go back to see anyone at the NHS until April 2018 - when they gave me the all clear. Amazingly the NHS have a booklet which states that diet has no effect on cancer and they seem entirely closed minded to the possibility - despite me being living proof.

thanks, interesting stuff. Would like to cut down on the sugar myself, once you're properly off it you dont even miss it do you? Highly addictive

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2021 14:20

andrew1957
Hound

Hi Hound

The thing with professional medicine is it tries to rely on objectivity, carefully planned and executed studies and lots of data. Not one poorly recorded personal experience.

Absolutely brilliant for you. But would likely be utterly negligent to try to apply your good fortune to how to treat everyone else without any actual proof it reliably works.

The placebo effect is real. And could be what sorted you out rather than the actual 'treatment'.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Dec 2021 14:45

Hound
andrew1957
Hound

Hi Hound

thanks, interesting stuff. Would like to cut down on the sugar myself, once you're properly off it you dont even miss it do you? Highly addictive

Indeed. I used to struggle to walk up the chocolate isle in the supermarket without buying some. Now I don't miss it. Sugar is very addictive and responsible for a great deal of our ill health. Fizzy drinks (even diet ones) are also a major no no.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Dec 2021 15:03

Snowball
NathStPaul Remember when this wasn't about cases or infections? How many footballers are in hospital seriously ill with Omicron currently? Get on with it ffs, there will always be another variant. You just have to accept that this is life now and work with it, you can't go into hiding every 6 months.

Ask someone who has had Covid, got over it and now has LONG Covid.

Even very mild, even asymptomatic Covid can produce Long Covid

I had Covid Mar 4-18 2021.

I used to walk ten miles every other day, run 3/4/5 on the day in between.

I STILL cannot run and my daily steps are between a quarter and a third of what they were at the start of 2021.

Long Covid is a horrible, serious, long, long-term illness. `many sufferers are finding they have what looks like being permanent disability

I thought it 2020 you got hit really badly by Covid, in which case that's 18 months+ and not fully recovered. With a reported 25% of Championshop players chosing not to get vaccinated, that's food for thought.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Dec 2021 15:06

andrew1957
Hound
andrew1957
Hi Hound

Indeed. I used to struggle to walk up the chocolate isle in the supermarket without buying some. Now I don't miss it. Sugar is very addictive and responsible for a great deal of our ill health. Fizzy drinks (even diet ones) are also a major no no.

I have a sweet tooth so what you say does make me realise that it will be my downfall. I guess you were in a life or death situation. For many of us it’s more of a drip drip drip effect that will lead to our eventual demise.
Good for you on making the lifestyle changes and sticking with them.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Dec 2021 16:14

Snowflake Royal
andrew1957
Hound

Hi Hound

The thing with professional medicine is it tries to rely on objectivity, carefully planned and executed studies and lots of data. Not one poorly recorded personal experience.

Absolutely brilliant for you. But would likely be utterly negligent to try to apply your good fortune to how to treat everyone else without any actual proof it reliably works.

The placebo effect is real. And could be what sorted you out rather than the actual 'treatment'.

I have never heard of placebos curing cancer - but who knows. I would certainly never tell anyone else what they should or should not do. We are all responsible for doing our own research and deciding what treatments we are, or are not prepared to have. As for proper studies into diet and cancer, I am not aware that any have "ever" been undertaken (i.e. diet only v NHS op/chemo/radiotherapy). Nor are such studies ever likely to be undertaken because if it was proven that diet and cheap vitamins fixed cancer, big pharma would be out of business and not making their billions.

I have concluded that most people in the UK have great faith in the NHS and big pharma, whereas I have little faith in either due to my personal negative experiences of both. Several of my friends have been diagnosed with cancer since I was in 2017 and despite knowing my story, all have decided to go down the NHS treatment route. All I know for certain is that most of them are now dead whereas I am still fit and well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2021 16:28

We don't need faith, thanks to science.

There are thousands of documented cases of spontaneous remission without treatment.

Absolutely brilliant you experienced something like and your illness galvanised you into a healthier lifestyle.

I do hope no one ever follows your advice to ignore treatment and dies though, because that would be on your conscience.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 17 Dec 2021 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Dec 2021 16:32

andrew1957
Hound
andrew1957
Hi Hound

Brilliant that here you are over 4 years on from being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
You may not wish to share any further details, and I would respect that but if you were prepared to, could you confirm where the cancer was, out of interest (in your body not geographically :wink: ) and did you have any surgery, chemo or radiotherapy?.

Also, from personal experience, I know that NHS are reluctant to give a time frame for malignant tumour cases but of course we can all read and in the written word there is often an indication of average life expectancy which of course importantly is just an average.

Regrettably people often confuse remission with being clear of cancer altogether but if the latter is the case with you then maybe count your blessings and thank your nutritionist as you clearly are the exception to the norm and may your good fortune continue for many years more although the stress of following Reading FC is not great for any of our long term health prospects. :D .

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Dec 2021 16:55

Fancy Barnsley to put up a better fight against WBA than we did. Will be up for it against old manager as well. Might have a couple of quid on them at 9/2

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2021 17:08

Pepe the Horseman Fancy Barnsley to put up a better fight against WBA than we did. Will be up for it against old manager as well. Might have a couple of quid on them at 9/2

Barnsley are rubbish.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Dec 2021 17:11

Snowflake Royal
I do hope no one ever follows your advice to ignore treatment and dies though, because that would be on your conscience.

Nothing to stop you fixing up your diet and continuing treatment, which sounds like generally a good recommendation to give yourself the best chance

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Dec 2021 17:39

Hound
Pepe the Horseman Fancy Barnsley to put up a better fight against WBA than we did. Will be up for it against old manager as well. Might have a couple of quid on them at 9/2

Barnsley are rubbish.

Yep, but this division loves to throw in a freak result every now and then.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2021 18:33

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Nothing to stop you fixing up your diet and continuing treatment, which sounds like generally a good recommendation to give yourself the best chance

Obviously, but it sounded like the advice was DON'T get treatment.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 17 Dec 2021 20:18

Yeah there's a lot of red flags in Andrew's account, obviously it's great that he had a spontaneous remission and eating healthily is a good idea in any case but I don't think anyone should use him as an example.

Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. If you want to speak to someone about personal nutrition, speak to a dietician.

Candida is a very popular boogeyman with "alternative medicine" types. It seems like Andrew's nutritionist "diagnosed" him with Invasive Candidiasis, which is not something you cure by cutting out sugar! If you don't get antifungal treatment then prognosis is very poor.

Sugar doesn't "feed" cancer any more than any other energy source, your body can break down almost anything you eat into glucose and then to ATP and all cells, cancerous or not, need that for energy. Sugar adds calories but it isn't carcinogenic.

The real kicker is the line about the immune system being at 95% and then 100%. This is just nonsense. With something like blood oxygen levels, sure, you can quantify that as a percentage pretty easily. But the immune system? It's far too complex. On a population level we could say that e.g. taking steroids tends to suppress your B lymphocytes by X%. But to the best of my knowledge, there is no way of measuring that and little clinical use.

Honestly, it sounds very much like someone who knows what the customer wants to hear and tells them it.

Andrew - if this is working for you then of course you will trust yourself over randomers on the internet. I would suggest, however, that you speak to your GP about whether the vaccine is safe for you. I would suggest that your cancer risk from the vaccine is likely to be lower than the cancer risk of walking down the road for a few minutes, breathing in car exhaust and getting UV light on your skin.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2021 22:46

SCIAG Yeah there's a lot of red flags in Andrew's account, obviously it's great that he had a spontaneous remission and eating healthily is a good idea in any case but I don't think anyone should use him as an example.

Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. If you want to speak to someone about personal nutrition, speak to a dietician.

Candida is a very popular boogeyman with "alternative medicine" types. It seems like Andrew's nutritionist "diagnosed" him with Invasive Candidiasis, which is not something you cure by cutting out sugar! If you don't get antifungal treatment then prognosis is very poor.

Sugar doesn't "feed" cancer any more than any other energy source, your body can break down almost anything you eat into glucose and then to ATP and all cells, cancerous or not, need that for energy. Sugar adds calories but it isn't carcinogenic.

The real kicker is the line about the immune system being at 95% and then 100%. This is just nonsense. With something like blood oxygen levels, sure, you can quantify that as a percentage pretty easily. But the immune system? It's far too complex. On a population level we could say that e.g. taking steroids tends to suppress your B lymphocytes by X%. But to the best of my knowledge, there is no way of measuring that and little clinical use.

Honestly, it sounds very much like someone who knows what the customer wants to hear and tells them it.

Andrew - if this is working for you then of course you will trust yourself over randomers on the internet. I would suggest, however, that you speak to your GP about whether the vaccine is safe for you. I would suggest that your cancer risk from the vaccine is likely to be lower than the cancer risk of walking down the road for a few minutes, breathing in car exhaust and getting UV light on your skin.

Yeah, the immune system % and nutritionist raised instant quack red flags with me.

Thank oxf*rd they didn’t kill andrew with their charlatanry.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Dec 2021 10:23

Just to say that it was only my intention to inform by telling my story about cancer and by necessity I condensed what was a quite a long period of my life into a few brief paragraphs. Clearly that has set off the usual suspects to miss the overall points and just to delve into the minute details. I would be more than happy to go on all day as this is a subject that has come to fascinate me but I think most would be bored so what I will do is to answer all the points raised so far and then not comment any further on the open forum. But just to say that I have a number of letters from the NHS which back up my story and if (lockdowns allowing) one of you wants to meet up with me in the NY at a venue of your choice in the Reading area, I will glad let you see everything I have. You can then report back.

As I say I won't post on this after answering the points already raised, but if anyone is genuinely interested and has questions, or wants additional info, please feel free to PM me.

17460 posts