Re: Bibbo and Armstrong gone?

by melonhead » 27 May 2015 11:34

:lol: :lol: :lol:

cheer up love

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 May 2015 11:38

Tbf how difficult can it be to be a goalkeeping coach? I reckon I could do it.

My talk would go like this: 'Look, the idea is to stop the ball going between the posts and into the net. You can achieve this with any part of your body. That is called a save.

'You can also, ideally, catch the ball when it comes near you. Then you need to kick it as far as you can up the pitch in the general direction of one of your own players.'

Then I would buy one of those rocket things that fires footballs hard at the goal for practice. That should be it really.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 May 2015 12:30

We don't have any goalkeepers so why would we need a goalkeeping coach?

Is there any league ruling that says we have to play a goalkeeper? Can we not have a rush goalie or stick a goalkeepers jersey on our a striker..... as long as we keep possession and score loads of goals we will do okay and might win a few more offside decisions on account of the strikers having to be played on side by two defenders not one and a goalkeeper.

:lol: :lol:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 27 May 2015 13:10

Forbury Lion

:|

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 May 2015 13:23

Forbury Lion We don't have any goalkeepers so why would we need a goalkeeping coach?

Is there any league ruling that says we have to play a goalkeeper? Can we not have a rush goalie or stick a goalkeepers jersey on our a striker..... as long as we keep possession and score loads of goals we will do okay and might win a few more offside decisions on account of the strikers having to be played on side by two defenders not one and a goalkeeper.

There have been a number of games in recent times with so few shots on target by either side that a keeper wouldn't have been needed.
Perhaps an idea would be for both sides to agree beforehand not to have a keeper.
Good to hear some out-of-the box thinking or rather, in-the-box thinking.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 May 2015 15:36

Lol @ Feds stirring things up with this "there are too many to thank.. especially Sal (Bibbo) of course, who has been like a father figure to me". Sending all the twitter idiots into meltdown.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 27 May 2015 15:56

I really like his leaving note. Nice words.

Except for the last bit about dropping back into the lower divisions

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 27 May 2015 16:38

All the news that some of the backroom staff are moving on does is give people like Ian Royal a chance to have another go at Clarke, simply because Adkins got the sack.

Frankly, thanks for everything guys and good luck with your future careers and all that, but to read some of the posts on this thread you would have thought the sky had just fallen in (and that was also Steve Clarke's fault).

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 27 May 2015 16:50

Mr Angry All the news that some of the backroom staff are moving on does is give people like Ian Royal a chance to have another go at Clarke, simply because Adkins got the sack.

Frankly, thanks for everything guys and good luck with your future careers and all that, but to read some of the posts on this thread you would have thought the sky had just fallen in (and that was also Steve Clarke's fault).

As you rightly say "thanks for everything and good luck".
What we fans could do with now is just a bit of good news-not being constantly told how money is tight and that players and staff are leaving and in the summer last year some of our best players being sold.
The best news could be Blackman and Kanu being sold and two strikers coming in-that would give everybody a lift even if those strikers were Balotelli and a.n other.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2015 18:31

Mr Angry All the news that some of the backroom staff are moving on does is give people like Ian Royal a chance to have another go at Clarke, simply because Adkins got the sack.

Don't put me in sandman's camp. I'm anti Clarke because he's done a demonstrably poor job, nothing to do with the previous manager.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 May 2015 18:38

Ian Royal

Don't put me in sandman's camp. I'm anti Clarke because he's done a demonstrably poor job, nothing to do with the previous manager.

He hasn't done a bad job. I said way back, if he avoids relegation and makes it to Wembley, his season will be a success. He has inherited a squad "in decay" (good phrase that) with quite a few players under- performing, and as he says "knows what's wrong and what needs fixing".

If he gets reasonable backing from the board I'll will be shocked if we aren't top eight in the coming season.

Quote me for posterity.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2015 18:48

Just because you said it, doesn't make it fact.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 27 May 2015 19:01

Has everybody at the club gone on holiday?

The only confirmation that Feds has left is a goodbye letter written by himself
Still waiting to hear about pre-season games/tour. The fixtures come out in less than 4 weeks ffs.
Apparently half of the clubs coaching staff have been sacked, still no official word
Next season's kit???
Next season's kit sponsor???

Get it together you useless mongs

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 May 2015 19:02

Clarke's sacked the web team as part of fixing our on pitch problems.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 May 2015 22:14

"All the managers I have had the privilege to play for, the chairman, Nick Hammond, the coaching staff – especially Sal of course, who has been like a father figure to me ever since I arrived and to who I owe so much.

“And of course the supporters who have stuck by me throughout and who have sung my name from the stands, home and away. Thank you.

“I’ve dedicated ten years of my life to the club and it was a tough, tough decision to leave. But after ten years here, now it is time for a new adventure.

Well that was a real smart move by Clarke. By thinking he could get a better goalkeeping coach than Bibbo, it looks like he might just have tipped Feds decision away from staying with us. :twisted:

Other parts of the team were riddled with problems but he decides to waste time and money by messing around with what was the strongest part of the team/coaching set up last season (and one of the strongest for many previous seasons). It's going to end in tears and probably before he gets far into his second year with us. Hoping to be proven wrong but I doubt you will find many WBA fans who will think that very likely.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 May 2015 22:19

RoyalBlue
"All the managers I have had the privilege to play for, the chairman, Nick Hammond, the coaching staff – especially Sal of course, who has been like a father figure to me ever since I arrived and to who I owe so much.

“And of course the supporters who have stuck by me throughout and who have sung my name from the stands, home and away. Thank you.

“I’ve dedicated ten years of my life to the club and it was a tough, tough decision to leave. But after ten years here, now it is time for a new adventure.

Well that was a real smart move by Clarke. By thinking he could get a better goalkeeping coach than Bibbo, it looks like he might just have tipped Feds decision away from staying with us. :twisted:

Other parts of the team were riddled with problems but he decides to waste time and money by messing around with what was the strongest part of the team/coaching set up last season (and one of the strongest for many previous seasons). It's going to end in tears and probably before he gets far into his second year with us. Hoping to be proven wrong but I doubt you will find many WBA fans who will think that very likely.

Feds decided he was going to leave about six months ago, maybe longer. Nothing to do with Sal Bibbo getting the boot.

Froomes

by Froomes » 27 May 2015 23:54

RoyalBlue

If you honestly believe that then you are, quite frankly, an idiot.

As soon as we couldn't offer the Premier League level wages Feds was after he was as good as out of the door. It is that simple.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 May 2015 09:04

Pepe the Horseman
RoyalBlue

Feds decided he was going to leave about six months ago, maybe longer. Nothing to do with Sal Bibbo getting the boot.

More likely the other way round?

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 28 May 2015 09:18

Froomes
RoyalBlue

If you honestly believe that then you are, quite frankly, an idiot.

As soon as we couldn't offer the Premier League level wages Feds was after he was as good as out of the door. It is that simple.

This! His house went on the market months ago, before we offered him a new deal.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 28 May 2015 09:33

Ian Royal Clarke's sacked the web team as part of fixing our on pitch problems.

If he has then he can be manager for RFC for life.

244 posts