BFTG - Ipswich home

126 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Ipswich home

by Royal Ginger » 13 Sep 2016 00:45

CountryRoyal
marlowuk Getting back to the game ....

I am concerned about the number of yellow cards Reading are receiving recently. It was 5 against Ipswich (although it wasn't a particularly 'dirty' game imo) which brings our total in all competition in our last 5 games to 18 yellow cards! I'm all for players showing passion and commitment but picking up so many bookings is not helpful.

Good point raised. Whoscored.com has us as the fourth most 'aggressive' team in the league with 16 yellows and 1 red... Perhaps a sign of the pressing game in defence Stam is trying to implement.

4 guys account for 12 of those 17 cards

Van Den Berg 1 Red 2 Yellow
WIlliams 3 Yellow
Evans 3 Yellow
Kermorgant 3 Yellow

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2016 00:57

Royal Ginger
CountryRoyal

I am concerned about the number of yellow cards Reading are receiving recently. It was 5 against Ipswich (although it wasn't a particularly 'dirty' game imo) which brings our total in all competition in our last 5 games to 18 yellow cards! I'm all for players showing passion and commitment but picking up so many bookings is not helpful.

Good point raised. Whoscored.com has us as the fourth most 'aggressive' team in the league with 16 yellows and 1 red... Perhaps a sign of the pressing game in defence Stam is trying to implement.

4 guys account for 12 of those 17 cards

Van Den Berg 1 Red 2 Yellow - Agressive
WIlliams 3 Yellow - Headless Chicken
Evans 3 Yellow - Inexperience
Kermorgant 3 Yellow - Lack of legs

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 13 Sep 2016 09:38

spot on

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 13 Sep 2016 15:46

If you still hate Futcher
Maneki Neko
No Fixed Abode It's clear the style Jaap wants to play. Most of the new signings look decent and comfortable on the ball.

I thought the players pre- Jaap were the worst culprits giving the ball the away.

You've got to give this style time to bed in.

Both were pens for me for Reading. Ipswich one was very soft.

George Evans should have got a straight red.

Lots of empty seats. I thought there would be more optimism with treble winner Jaap at the helm.

I agree with everything kes is saying here

Me too :shock: ! Has he been hacked

Good. We just have to educate the likes of Zammo about football. He says he goes all the time, yet seems to know very little about the game.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Sep 2016 23:43

RattLOLed

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Sep 2016 09:53

John Madejski's Wallet
CountryRoyal

Probably more a sign of dicking around at the back too much, getting in trouble and having to foul the oppo to stop the threat

think most of our fouls have been in their half

126 posts