Hob Nob Addict

Re: Revised new manager poll

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 21:41

He wouldn't come to us

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 21:58

We need to get a new manager in as soon as possible. Ideally by the end of the month so we can start signing players who suit the incoming management teams style and strategy.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 May 2023 22:06

Royal_jimmy We need to get a new manager in as soon as possible. Ideally by the end of the month so we can start signing players who suit the incoming management teams style and strategy.

Nonsense, getting the right man is more imperative than filling the post quickly.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 22:08

I think both. Getting a manager in July won't give the new manager any time to work with the squad and we'll likely start off slowly.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 May 2023 22:26

Needle Twitter has lit up with Wilder speculation

Would be good if true but I think he will likely get better offers. He does have a good record for building squads for promotion.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 08 May 2023 23:16

Green Nonsense, getting the right man is more imperative than filling the post quickly.

Ince was sacked nearly a month ago. This suggests it wasn't actually planned.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 May 2023 06:43

andrew1957

Would be good if true but I think he will likely get better offers. He does have a good record for building squads for promotion.

Depends, stranger things have happened. Have to see what happens at Watford first and then Mr Bowen needs to sell the club. Got to act quickly whatever though.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 09 May 2023 06:59

Sutekh
andrew1957

Depends, stranger things have happened. Have to see what happens at Watford first and then Mr Bowen needs to sell the club. Got to act quickly whatever though.

Key to it happening will be the relationship he will already have with Jared Dublin and the plan that gets sold to him.

There won't be many times in a manager's career where you essentially get to build a squad from scratch to play the football you want to - often you are taking over a squad that already exists and have to try and fix it.

We could be a surprisingly attractive proposition for names we wouldn't expect to attract. Wilder is realistic and positive that we are looking to attract positive, experienced, successful managers.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Sutekh
andrew1957

Duplicate post
Last edited by Stranded on 09 May 2023 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Sutekh
andrew1957

Triplicate post.
Last edited by Stranded on 09 May 2023 08:41, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 May 2023 08:38

Lower West
Green Nonsense, getting the right man is more imperative than filling the post quickly.

We only knew which division we'd be in next season last week. You can’t appoint a new manager or even go very far down the negotiations until you know division and by extension budget.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 09 May 2023 09:03

Stranded
Sutekh
andrew1957

Key to it happening will be the relationship he will already have with Jared Dublin and the plan that gets sold to him.

There won't be many times in a manager's career where you essentially get to build a squad from scratch to play the football you want to - often you are taking over a squad that already exists and have to try and fix it.

We could be a surprisingly attractive proposition for names we wouldn't expect to attract. Wilder is realistic and positive that we are looking to attract positive, experienced, successful managers.

Yeah agree here. Definitely a good calibre manager to be bringing in for League One and we could certainly be successful at the first attempt with him. I wouldn't say it's completely unrealistic either, he could get better offers in the Championship, but who is actually available? Huddersfield, but has connections with Sheff United so he might not be the best fit there. Possibly Cardiff as well is Labouchi doesn't continue who he might prefer due to being in a higher division.

Other than that, he will likely be waiting for a mid-season job. Coming in with us this summer gives him the perfect opportunity to get his ideas across to the players we've got left as well as bring his own in. Only one big earner left to move, unless he decides to use him for the last 12 months of Ejaria's contract as well.

DarOv

by DarOv » 09 May 2023 15:14

Stranded
Sutekh
andrew1957

Some managers don't try to fix an existing team, but change the team completely (or almost completely) to play the kind of football they want.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 May 2023 22:17

Steve Cotterill and Danny Cowley appear to be the favourites at the moment. Both on very short odds. Not sure what I think of either if I'm honest.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 09 May 2023 22:56

Ascotexgunner Steve Cotterill and Danny Cowley appear to be the favourites at the moment. Both on very short odds. Not sure what I think of either if I'm honest.

Which site(s) are you using to see the odds and has Chris Wilder appeared on the list yet after the recent Twitter rumour?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 10 May 2023 00:02

Snowflake Royal
Lower West

We only knew which division we'd be in next season last week. You can’t appoint a new manager or even go very far down the negotiations until you know division and by extension budget.

Wasn't planned. That's the bottom line. I'm sure that the truth will emerge in time.....

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 May 2023 03:52

Ascotexgunner Steve Cotterill and Danny Cowley appear to be the favourites at the moment. Both on very short odds. Not sure what I think of either if I'm honest.

Purely guesswork from the bookies. As I said on the other thread, for whatever reason Cotterill always gets linked to us. Wilder wasn't even an option last time I looked, but expect he'll go straight in as fav once you can get a price on him.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 May 2023 03:57

Just had a look. Steve Cotterill is also favourite for the MK Dons job and Wilder is fav for the Hearts job. Think that tells you everything you need to know about the next manager market.

256 posts