Coppells parking space

1452 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Coppells parking space

by brendywendy » 20 May 2008 15:50

all season unbeaten, 110 goals, 45 clean sheets, promoted by december, champions on new years day

apologies, ive gone all giddy

allwite123

by allwite123 » 20 May 2008 15:51

Scrappy
Readingfanman Party in Coppell's parking space tomorrow? :wink:

Shall we? 6pm meet. Usual spot! (Would say 7 but there's the small issue of cup final)

shall we call the press :D

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 20 May 2008 15:53

What does it feel like to have made a difference...to have made history?

One day, you'll tell your kids: I was there.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 20 May 2008 15:55

allwite123
Scrappy
Readingfanman Party in Coppell's parking space tomorrow? :wink:

Shall we? 6pm meet. Usual spot! (Would say 7 but there's the small issue of cup final)

shall we call the press :D

Lets! The final will be crap anyway...

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 20 May 2008 15:59

brendywendy all season unbeaten, 110 goals, 45 clean sheets, promoted by december, champions on new years day

apologies, ive gone all giddy

That should be our minimum expectation, if Steve fails to meet that he should do the honourable thing and let his contract run. 106 points isn't enough this time.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 20 May 2008 16:02

Now that mission is accomplished I've set the trend and left the Facebook group. It's a little bit redundant now.

allwite123

by allwite123 » 20 May 2008 16:06

this is fantastic news....but i cant help but feel that we are just going to be in this situation this time next year regarding whether he will sign a new contract!!!!

what u all think???

sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by sam1 » 20 May 2008 16:13

Hurrah! Would've been surprised if he'd resigned now tbh.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 20 May 2008 16:19

Well done everyone. Truely glad us fans have felt wanted! Really pleased i missed going out to see a comedy show and travelled from Portsmouth to show how much i wanted Coppell to stay last week!

URZ! Steve Coppell's barmy army! 8)

allwite123

by allwite123 » 20 May 2008 16:22

http://www.reading107fm.com/steve-coppe ... ing-632970

coppell talks about our demostration!!!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 May 2008 16:36

allwite123 http://www.reading107fm.com/steve-coppell-to-stay-at-reading-632970

no sound in my office

did he thank me specifically?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 20 May 2008 16:42

I don't know how much difference the car park demo actually made but thats not really the point and it certainly can't have done any harm.

The fact that it happened at Reading at all sums us up perfectly. Despite the fact we now regularly get almost 20k more supporters on a match day than when i first started watching us and with all the overblown hyperbole of the Premiership its good to see at our core we're still supported by a fairly large group of what can best be described as eccentric gimps

Don't take this the wrong way as its meant as a compliment but what other set of supporters would be daft enough to organise a demo of internet geeks dancing in a car park for a man that has just masterminded a relegation. We can't even cry properly either can we? While there are always the moist eyed supporters on relegation day we actually have fans (apologies TGWF) who look like they are literally going to cry themselves to death and rather than illicit sympathy which would be the norm for everyone else they just illicit laughter and ridicule from the rest of us.

Its not just the support though, but the club as a whole.

Our manager is just about the only cerebral man in football and who could argue when it seems the worse he actually does the more popular he is.

Our Director Of Football, a rather grand title for a rather grand position you'd have thought. A position fit for a man who carries himself with great authority. Except that at Reading its filled by a man who sounds like he failed an audition for The Clangers and inspires all the confidence of.......well lets be honest a Clanger really.

Then theres the man at the very top. How fitting that we should be owned by a rather effete floppy haired gin drinking (probably) old soak who knows nothing at all about football and spends most of his chairmanship wittering on about a fanciful notion about football clubs in the 21st century actually making a profit!!. The fact that he's now taken to perfecting a comedy limp and just spent the best part of arguably the most crucial press conference in our History wittering on about a rugby player merely adds to it all.

Then theres HNA itself. There are plenty on here that would and frequently have made fun of all your loveable eccentricities but they need to remember they are members of a portal of "Dodds " "f*** off newbie", "ALOL", "ROFL" "inventing the wheel" "Con Air or The Rock" and other such idiosynchrocies. Whether they like it or not they are part and parcel of the whole ungodly shambles.

Some would describe all of the above as actually a bad thing. That we're a laughing stock amongst other supporters, even throwing in that old chestnut about being the most "plastic" club in the country. Well frankly thats bollox. In fact we're the least "plastic" because Reading FC follows its own path, however embarrassing and idiotic it might seem to others, and refuse to follow the sheeplike mentality of the modern football herd.

So strike up the band, give us a blast of Terry & June, and raise you glasses for Reading FC - English Football's Eccentric Gimps.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 20 May 2008 16:59

Top post Vision - and you only have to read Geekins contributions to this thread to see how right you are (& I don't mean that as an insult).

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 20 May 2008 17:01

Vision I don't know how much difference the car park demo actually made but thats not really the point and it certainly can't have done any harm.

The fact that it happened at Reading at all sums us up perfectly. Despite the fact we now regularly get almost 20k more supporters on a match day than when i first started watching us and with all the overblown hyperbole of the Premiership its good to see at our core we're still supported by a fairly large group of what can best be described as eccentric gimps

Don't take this the wrong way as its meant as a compliment but what other set of supporters would be daft enough to organise a demo of internet geeks dancing in a car park for a man that has just masterminded a relegation. We can't even cry properly either can we? While there are always the moist eyed supporters on relegation day we actually have fans (apologies TGWF) who look like they are literally going to cry themselves to death and rather than illicit sympathy which would be the norm for everyone else they just illicit laughter and ridicule from the rest of us.

Our manager is just about the only cerebral man in football and who could argue when it seems the worse he actually does the more popular he is.

Our Director Of Football, a rather grand title for a rather grand position you'd have thought. A position fit for a man who carries himself with great authority. Except that at Reading its filled by a man who sounds like he failed an audition for The Clangers and inspires all the confidence of.......well lets be honest a Clanger really.

Then theres the man at the very top. How fitting that we should be owned by a rather effete floppy haired gin drinking (probably) old soak who knows nothing at all about football and spends most of his chairmanship wittering on about a fanciful notion about football clubs in the 21st century actually making a profit!!. The fact that he's now taken to perfecting a comedy limp and just spent the best part of arguably the most crucial press conference in our History wittering on about a rugby player merely adds to it all.

Then theres HNA itself. There are plenty on here that would and frequently have made fun of all your loveable eccentricities but they need to remember they are members of a portal of "Dodds " "f*** off newbie", "ALOL", "ROFL" "inventing the wheel" "Con Air or The Rock" and other such idiosynchrocies. Whether they like it or not they are part and parcel of the whole ungodly shambles.

Some would describe all of the above as actually a bad thing. That we're a laughing stock amongst other supporters, even throwing in that old chestnut about being the most "plastic" club in the country. Well frankly thats bollox. In fact we're the least "plastic" because Reading FC follows its own path, however embarrassing and idiotic it might seem to others, and refuse to follow the sheeplike mentality of the modern football herd.

So strike up the band, give us a blast of Terry & June, and raise you glasses for Reading FC - English Football's Eccentric Gimps.

That's so lovely!

I'm so glad Reading is my club. We're really lucky.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 20 May 2008 17:07

Vision I don't know how much difference the car park demo actually made but thats not really the point and it certainly can't have done any harm...............

Absolutely spot on Vision!!

20-20 Vision one could say.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 May 2008 17:10

Vision I don't know how much difference the car park demo actually made but thats not really the point and it certainly can't have done any harm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

great post.

proud of our gimpishness

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 20 May 2008 17:15

brendywendy proud of our gimpishness

One Reading fan was so pleased at the news he couldn't contain himself
Last edited by Uke on 20 May 2008 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 20 May 2008 17:16

Last edited by Thaumagurist* on 25 Jun 2010 21:38, edited 1 time in total.

allwite123

by allwite123 » 20 May 2008 17:31

brendywendy
allwite123 http://www.reading107fm.com/steve-coppell-to-stay-at-reading-632970

no sound in my office

did he thank me specifically?

nope sorry!!!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict