BFTG Norwich

276 posts
creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Norwich

by creative_username_1 » 21 Apr 2013 10:37

winchester_royal
Maguire The fact you think that's any kind of comparison just shows what a couple of chuntering spastics you are.

Do you think results stay the same no matter how often you play the fixture?

You're the type of pcunts who chair players off the pitch one minute then boo them the second they have a couple of bad games. Everything that is wrong with Reading fans right there.

:|

I'm just struggling to comprehend how you can say 'Brian' would have done better when he's the guy who left us in this shit in the first place.

In the same manner you've been drawing conclusions about what Adkins will do in the future with no empirical eveidence

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 21 Apr 2013 10:39

Maguire I don't hate Adkins. I think he'll do well because he'll be backed in the transfer market.

I just hear little bitches like you slagging off McDermott ("He's the one that left us in this shit") without any realisation that he's the one who got us there in the first place, against everyone's expectations.

Ironically enough, for all the ridiculous bigging up of Adkins you're indulging in, it's people like you who will be the first to turn against him when we're 14th in the Championship after ten games and things aren't quite going our way.

It's just fcking sad to be honest, but then you're only a teenager so i'll let you off.

+1

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Apr 2013 10:40

creative_username_1
St. Brynjar
Maguire The fact you think that's any kind of comparison just shows what a couple of chuntering spastics you are.

You're the type of pcunts who chair players off the pitch one minute then boo them the second they have a couple of bad games. Everything that is wrong with Reading fans right there.

Brian struggles against four teams, Adkins struggles against same four teams. Perfect grounds for comparison.

it isn't. Home/away - different playing personel - different weather etc etc you'll never be able to compare like for like (coupled with tiny sample size)

Of course, it's impossible to know how things would have gone with a different manager, which is why it's completely ridiculous to say with any kind of authority that we'd have done better with Brian as manager, especially given we'd lost 4 in a row, against teams weaker than Liverpool and Arsenal, before he was sacked.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 21 Apr 2013 10:42

Having skitted through most of this thread I'm reminded of just how quickly I want the season to end.

It's been absolutely shit.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 21 Apr 2013 10:45

creative_username_1
Maguire I don't hate Adkins. I think he'll do well because he'll be backed in the transfer market.

I just hear little bitches like you slagging off McDermott ("He's the one that left us in this shit") without any realisation that he's the one who got us there in the first place, against everyone's expectations.

Ironically enough, for all the ridiculous bigging up of Adkins you're indulging in, it's people like you who will be the first to turn against him when we're 14th in the Championship after ten games and things aren't quite going our way.

It's just fcking sad to be honest, but then you're only a teenager so i'll let you off.

+1

Yeah +1

Apart from it being a completely inaccurate tirade from a poster who was desperately chucking around insults in the hope it would him the argument.

It's funny, those who frequent AE spend the whole time bitching about the 'mongs' on the TB who spend their whole time bickering, but then are themselves the worst offenders. Coming over in their cliques smacking down anyone who has even the slightest difference of opinion with their clever words like 'belmonts' and 'bitches' rather than actually debate and discuss the finer points.

A shame really, because most on here want to talk about football rather than get into ridiculous slanging matches, but that's just a pipe dream I spose.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Apr 2013 10:51

Maguire If I wanted a rational conversation I wouldn't be talking to the world's most fickle football fans on the internet's most braindead forum.

Go on, say something about hoofball and we'll all laugh.

It's ironic you mentioned chuntering spastics, Mags, as you're doing a very passable impression of one.

'blah blah blah, but no-one gives McDermott credit for getting us there in the first place'.

Well fans do, and did, consistently. This sort of total bufoonery is what I thought you were rallying against on this board, you're one of the worst culprits.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 21 Apr 2013 11:35

Rallying?

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 21 Apr 2013 11:38

creative_username_1
winchester_royal

:|

I'm just struggling to comprehend how you can say 'Brian' would have done better when he's the guy who left us in this shit in the first place.

In the same manner you've been drawing conclusions about what Adkins will do in the future with no empirical eveidence

I think it is clear to see that we are playing a lot better football under Adkins, although this is not empirical evidence in the term of points, anybody that has watched us play recently would surely agree we are looking stronger under Adkins that we ever did with Brian at the helm.

Brian is a legend at the club (and he might still be my wallpaper on my laptop :? :? ), at first I could not believe that he went but over time I have come to appreciate that maybe it was for the better that Brian left. He has moved on, and maybe it is time some of you lot move on and try to appreciate the football that Nigel is getting us to play. It obviously is not easy to get these clowns playing football but we are already seeing the benefits of a change in manager and although we are relegated the future is not looking too bleak.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Apr 2013 11:39

winchester_royal Yeah +1

Apart from it being a completely inaccurate tirade from a poster who was desperately chucking around insults in the hope it would him the argument.

It's funny, those who frequent AE spend the whole time bitching about the 'mongs' on the TB who spend their whole time bickering, but then are themselves the worst offenders. Coming over in their cliques smacking down anyone who has even the slightest difference of opinion with their clever words like 'belmonts' and 'bitches' rather than actually debate and discuss the finer points.

A shame really, because most on here want to talk about football rather than get into ridiculous slanging matches, but that's just a pipe dream I spose.

You're the only person going on about AE, mongs, and cliques (I mean wtf, I don't even know any of these people :| ) whilst the rest of us are just trying to add a counterpoint to the relentless short-termism shown on this board.

McDermott got us in the Premiership against all the odds. He deserves a bit more respect than being called a useless bald pcunt after his first bad six months in charge. Same as the likes of Mcanuff who never gives up on the team or the club yet cops all manner of shit from those of you who have already forgotten him lifting the league tropy last season.

You're the worst kind of football fans (apart from lolwut who is clearly Reading's worst fan)

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Apr 2013 11:41

Sanguine
Maguire If I wanted a rational conversation I wouldn't be talking to the world's most fickle football fans on the internet's most braindead forum.

It's ironic you mentioned chuntering spastics, Mags, as you're doing a very passable impression of one.

'blah blah blah, but no-one gives McDermott credit for getting us there in the first place'.

Well fans do, and did, consistently. This sort of total bufoonery is what I thought you were rallying against on this board, you're one of the worst culprits.

Well clearly they don't, which is obvious is you read this board.

If you think it's "bufoonery" to defend people who have brought incredible success to the football club against all manner of abuse and revisionist nonsense then you're even stupider than I thought.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 21 Apr 2013 11:58

Maguire
winchester_royal Yeah +1

You're the only person going on about AE, mongs, and cliques (I mean wtf, I don't even know any of these people :| ) whilst the rest of us are just trying to add a counterpoint to the relentless short-termism shown on this board.

McDermott got us in the Premiership against all the odds. He deserves a bit more respect than being called a useless bald pcunt after his first bad six months in charge. Same as the likes of Mcanuff who never gives up on the team or the club yet cops all manner of shit from those of you who have already forgotten him lifting the league tropy last season.

You're the worst kind of football fans (apart from lolwut who is clearly Reading's worst fan)

Again with the inaccuracies. Never have I called McDermott useless or a cnut. Nor have I slagged off McAnuff.

Seriously, get a grip.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Apr 2013 12:01

Lots of people have :|

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 21 Apr 2013 12:12

Maguire Lots of people have :|

Not that many, and those that have said that have been rightly derided on here. Given that I was the object of your abuse though I think whether or not I've been saying those things is of more relevance.

McDermott will rightly have a special place in the club's history, and everyone respects what he did for us. Just because some believe the club has made a positive move in replacing him with Adkins that doesn't mean we are dismissing his success here.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Apr 2013 12:31

We've had months of people slagging McDermott and McAnuff off.

Uncalled for.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 21 Apr 2013 12:34

LoyalRoyalFan We've had months of people slagging McDermott and McAnuff off.

Uncalled for.

You're right it is, and I've been one of those defending the pair of them most of the season, which is why I object to being the target of Mags' post.

Tarnishing the whole of HNA with one brush is also daft, most appreciate what Brian did and are now looking forward to what will hopefully be an even more successful future with Nigel.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 21 Apr 2013 12:47

Uncalled for.

Thank you. You truly are a LoyalRoyal

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 21 Apr 2013 13:06

Maguire
Sanguine

Well clearly they don't, which is obvious is you read this board.

If you think it's "bufoonery" to defend people who have brought incredible success to the football club against all manner of abuse and revisionist nonsense then you're even stupider than I thought.

Fans do, and did, give McDermott a lot of credit for what he achieved with Reading. Simply repeating that they haven't doesn't make it true.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Apr 2013 14:27

winchester_royal But sometimes you need to pass backwards or sideways to open up the space for a forward pass... Which is why the best teams in the world often find themselves passing it across the defence trying to find an opening. The more comfortable we get playing that way the quicker we'll move the ball and the sooner we'll find that space...but only if we stick to it and the fans show patience.

I agree with that, although we're not quite getting it right yet. I thought it was telling that once again I saw Guthrie looking to make a forward pass only to have to play it backwards, where it eventually got punted forward as Norwich kept pressing and we lost it.

Guthrie's reaction was to berate those in front of him in exasperation, because no one showed any movement to make themselves available for the ball he wanted to play. IMO he would have been better immediately looking for the return pass or making himself available for another down the line so we didn't have to go long. He certainly had a point in his complaint though.

Just another sign we're a work in progress, in need of a fresh start to really have it all come together.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Apr 2013 14:35

winchester_royal

Uncalled for.

You're right it is, and I've been one of those defending the pair of them most of the season, which is why I object to being the target of Mags' post.

Tarnishing the whole of HNA with one brush is also daft, most appreciate what Brian did and are now looking forward to what will hopefully be an even more successful future with Nigel.

Some people say bad things about McDermott here. Mags is infinitely supperior to everyone here so there is no point in him differentiating between those who've said it and those who haven't because they are so far beneath his contempt.

See also snowball and his defence of shane long (minus dodgy statistic use).

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 21 Apr 2013 14:50

Ian Royal
winchester_royal But sometimes you need to pass backwards or sideways to open up the space for a forward pass... Which is why the best teams in the world often find themselves passing it across the defence trying to find an opening. The more comfortable we get playing that way the quicker we'll move the ball and the sooner we'll find that space...but only if we stick to it and the fans show patience.

I agree with that, although we're not quite getting it right yet. I thought it was telling that once again I saw Guthrie looking to make a forward pass only to have to play it backwards, where it eventually got punted forward as Norwich kept pressing and we lost it.

Guthrie's reaction was to berate those in front of him in exasperation, because no one showed any movement to make themselves available for the ball he wanted to play. IMO he would have been better immediately looking for the return pass or making himself available for another down the line so we didn't have to go long. He certainly had a point in his complaint though.

Just another sign we're a work in progress, in need of a fresh start to really have it all come together.

Absolutely, the players are constantly learning, but they seem to be doing it pretty quickly when you compare the performance yesterday to how we played in Adkins' first game.

As he says we're still on the first letter of an A-Z here, but if he can get us playing like we did yesterday after 4 games then I'm intrigued and excited to see where we are after 40.

DISCLAIMER: In no way is this post meant as a sign of disrespect or lack of gratitude to BMc

276 posts