CONFIMRED - Matej Vydra

301 posts
strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Matej Vydra

by strap » 01 Sep 2015 16:30

ScepticalRoyal What a signing! This has now 100% been the best transfer window I can remember. Guaranteed goals in the Champ with Vydra and if Hec goes I'd like another CB but even if that doesn't happen i'll be over the moon. :shock: URZ!

I recall other sayign somethign similar when we signed Pog, Williams and Drenthe a couple of years back - and look how THAT turned out!

Frankly Clarke is behaving like a spoilt kid in a toy shop just having been given some money from a rich uncle.

"I want that one .. and that one ... and one of those .... can I have another one of these please? PLEASE!?. No? Well what if I sell one my other toys ythat I've grown bored with, THEN can I have that nice new shiny one?"

Clarke is seriously pissing me off spunking up £3.5M on a loanee for 1 season, and funding it by flogging one of our future stars. Clarke is totally and utterly out of his depth.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2015 16:31

Hatty9 A few weeks back I thought we looked solid at the back but little attacking options, but now we have Sa off the mark, Hurtado and Piazon to add some flair and Vyrda who is a proven goal scorer. Things are looking up which the first time for a few seasons

Note though that the attacking options we now have available will probably mean the side becomes less tight defensively, so it's about getting the balance right which means September could be very up and down esp. as we have Ipswich, Derby, Middlesbrough and Burnley plus what I think will be an improving Bristol City.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Sep 2015 16:31

there is an option to buy in the deal too, gets even better

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 01 Sep 2015 16:32

Am struggling with paying a fee matching or approaching (depending on what you read) our club record for a permanent signing. And as much as this has been the most interesting transfer window in a long time, I really hope that in a couple of years time we wont be cursing the Thai's as much as we do the Russian's...

Anyway, apologies for the nay-saying, I'll go and find my rose tinted specs, I have taken them off for a moment and can't seem to find them..

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 01 Sep 2015 16:32

WoodleyRoyal there is an option to buy in the deal too, gets even better

Look how that worked out with Murray. Doesn't mean anything.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2015 16:34

strap
ScepticalRoyal What a signing! This has now 100% been the best transfer window I can remember. Guaranteed goals in the Champ with Vydra and if Hec goes I'd like another CB but even if that doesn't happen i'll be over the moon. :shock: URZ!

I recall other sayign somethign similar when we signed Pog, Williams and Drenthe a couple of years back - and look how THAT turned out!

Frankly Clarke is behaving like a spoilt kid in a toy shop just having been given some money from a rich uncle.

"I want that one .. and that one ... and one of those .... can I have another one of these please? PLEASE!?. No? Well what if I sell one my other toys ythat I've grown bored with, THEN can I have that nice new shiny one?"

Clarke is seriously pissing me off spunking up £3.5M on a loanee for 1 season, and funding it by flogging one of our future stars. Clarke is totally and utterly out of his depth.

It's likely Pog's wages were £1.5m-2m a year, that's been saved. Hector may well be loaned back to us, and he wasn't even first choice.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 01 Sep 2015 16:37

genome
strap

It's likely Pog's wages were £1.5m-2m a year, that's been saved. Hector may well be loaned back to us, and he wasn't even first choice.

So that justifies spunking £3.5m on someone we can't even add to the balance sheet? We have literally just pissed away £3.5m in assets. Don't give me the "future option to buy" rubbish - look how that worked out with Murray.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 01 Sep 2015 16:39

I can't believe people are finding fault with this, even on the basis of the fee.

This is 2015. £2m for a loan signing is nothing out of the ordinary. Just because we've always historically aimed so low with our previous transfer fees doesn't mean this is poor value even if the player doesn't succeed here. Look how much fees have gone up since we signed Fae, back then £30m would buy you one of the top players in the game, not top 6 squad fodder. Start looking at the spending in the context of what the rest of the football league is doing, and not at what we've spent in the past.

I think we've brought in a really decent player here who could make a difference to our season. I do not think the club management would be diving in to the mistakes of the Russian era, and if they have got the money to spend here than let them - it doesn't mean we aren't (haven't) spent it in other areas, and most of all, it's not your oxf*rd money so just chill out for chrissakes :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 Sep 2015 16:40

blueroyals So that justifies spunking £3.5m on someone we can't even add to the balance sheet? We have literally just pissed away £3.5m in assets. Don't give me the "future option to buy" rubbish - look how that worked out with Murray.

If he gets us promoted that £3.5m will be small change

If he's shit and doesn't then we've only wasted £3.5m instead of £7m

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Sep 2015 16:44

genome Erection up8:

Going to hospital as it's painful and throbbing won't subside.

I think I can see it over the horizon from here in Fleet, hopefully they can drain you before you die of blood starvation.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2015 16:45

blueroyals
genome
strap

So that justifies spunking £3.5m on someone we can't even add to the balance sheet? We have literally just pissed away £3.5m in assets. Don't give me the "future option to buy" rubbish - look how that worked out with Murray.

Have you seen the prices proven Championship strikers have been touted for this summer? If he bags us 15+ goals then it's decent money in the short term.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Sep 2015 16:46

Royal Tezza I can't believe people are finding fault with this, even on the basis of the fee.

This is 2015. £2m for a loan signing is nothing out of the ordinary. Just because we've always historically aimed so low with our previous transfer fees doesn't mean this is poor value even if the player doesn't succeed here. Look how much fees have gone up since we signed Fae, back then £30m would buy you one of the top players in the game, not top 6 squad fodder. Start looking at the spending in the context of what the rest of the football league is doing, and not at what we've spent in the past.

I think we've brought in a really decent player here who could make a difference to our season. I do not think the club management would be diving in to the mistakes of the Russian era, and if they have got the money to spend here than let them - it doesn't mean we aren't (haven't) spent it in other areas, and most of all, it's not your oxf*rd money so just chill out for chrissakes :lol:

It's only a weirdo who gathers stats and blue royals, who is never happy with anything and makes Floyd sound happy go lucky.
Last edited by sandman on 01 Sep 2015 16:49, edited 1 time in total.

Samrfc01

by Samrfc01 » 01 Sep 2015 16:46

Some people need to happy pills.

Strap, you're the worst, like seriously lighten up a bit.

Possibly one of the best signings this club could have made this summer and you're moaning.

Should have stayed at the mental hospital.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 01 Sep 2015 16:46

TBM If he's shit and doesn't then we've only wasted £3.5m instead of £7m

Ah, the old women-at-the-sales logic! :lol:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2015 16:47

Tits worrying about how other people spend their own money. :roll:

And in a market when bang average strikers are going for upwards of £8M.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Sep 2015 16:48

A lot of users on here complain that we don't push the boat out and make signings that could push us forward. This is one of those signings.

We obviously had some money to spend big on a striker, Beric was clearly the number one target but I'm sure the club had other options that were weighed up over the summer. They have decided that this is the best option for the cash we have. We are not getting a £2.5m striker but probably nearer a £5m in the current market. Yes it is only for the season currently but if he gets 15/20 goals, as is clearly the hope and he is clearly capable of, and these get us promoted (clearly the aim for the season) then this will be money well spent.

Every transfer is a risk, and no guarantee you will get the money back this one currently just has an agreed shelf life.

If he succeeds, I'm sure we'll attempt to make it perm. If he fails, we aren't left with an asset that we don't want and will be unlikely to recoup the fee on.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Sep 2015 16:51

strap

And you're losing your marbles quicker than Jose Mourinho.

Hatty9

by Hatty9 » 01 Sep 2015 16:51

Sutekh
Hatty9 A few weeks back I thought we looked solid at the back but little attacking options, but now we have Sa off the mark, Hurtado and Piazon to add some flair and Vyrda who is a proven goal scorer. Things are looking up which the first time for a few seasons

Note though that the attacking options we now have available will probably mean the side becomes less tight defensively, so it's about getting the balance right which means September could be very up and down esp. as we have Ipswich, Derby, Middlesbrough and Burnley plus what I think will be an improving Bristol City.

Agreed but we can't get anywhere with 3 draws in 5 games, we need that little bit extra to turn the draws into wins. We have 6 points from 5 games with only one defeat, would be better of with 3 wins and 3 defeats.

Coppelled_Streets

Re: CONFIMRED - Matej Vydra

by Coppelled_Streets » 01 Sep 2015 16:51

‏@SimonPeach 3m3 minutes ago

I am told #ReadingFC's Matej Vydra deal involves £2.2m loan fee to #WatfordFC & extra £500k if they make play-offs, plus wages & agent fees

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Sep 2015 16:52

Royal Tezza I can't believe people are finding fault with this, even on the basis of the fee.

The price is all relative to our own finances. If we can afford that sort of money then I don't think we could have spent £2m any better; a proven striker at Championship level for a team that is in need of goals. However if the owners are doing a 'zingarevich' with the club then obviously we're in trouble.

301 posts