MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

192 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

by genome » 08 May 2023 19:03

Can understand it, still highly unprofessional... and symptomatic of the lack of a team Reading have had

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 May 2023 19:04

Thank god that shit is over, the performance and result today probably sums up our season on a whole really. The only positive to take out of today was the away supporters, who were vocal throughout, definitely not encouraging the team in many ways (but had very little reason to) but just looked to enjoy the day. It was as well-spirited as you'd have hoped. Pretty ugly at times when the players clapped off straight after the whistle went, many boos, some clapping, a few idiots trying to grab shirts it looked like etc.

To say the team selection was geared towards players who will be here next season or fighting for a contract/place in the squad, it didn't look like that with the performance. Lacking in quality in every area and nobody really put in a decent shift. Nobody making any sort of impact or intent for next season to be involved, not even the subs or youngsters. Boyce-Clarke's distribution was decent at times, just obviously a bad error for the goal, helpless with the second.

Long was isolated, Hoilett had about 47 touches each time he had the ball, Azeez was poor most of the time he got it (set pieces were woeful), Holmes, after watching him today, just looks clumsy and doesn't mark players properly, Sarr was ok I guess, Mbengue and Yiadom as well weren't the worst on the pitch, Hendrick and Casadei were poor, McIntyre was similar to Yiadom and Mbengue. No one made any real impact from the bench either.

0 shots on goal says it all, individual errors we've heard all season. Massive clear out, out of contract players can just go bar Mbengue who we should probably trigger the extension, move the few sellable assets we have on and probably loan out a lot of the youngsters next season like Boyce-Clarke who maybe needs a bit of experience in the FL somewhere first along with many others.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 May 2023 19:06

Sutekh Noel Hunt revealed post match he’s not at all happy with Joao who apparently called him on Thursday to say he didn’t want to be involved today. Thank god Lucas won’t be here next season.

I doubt he was the only one who could do without this sort of game if he's looking to get a contract somewhere else in the Championship next season.

He's a good player, just not what we need. Would happily see him, and most of the rest, go now. Thanks for the good you brought, hope he does well with the rest of his career.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 08 May 2023 19:18

Glad the season is over. Excited for the summer window as it’s going to be a busy one.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 May 2023 19:22

Hound
URZZZZ
Sutekh Noel Hunt revealed post match he’s not at all happy with Joao who apparently called him on Thursday to say he didn’t want to be involved today. Thank god Lucas won’t be here next season.

So about the same contribution as last weekend then? Must win game against Wigan and he was dreadful. Didn’t look remotely interested

Another poor signing, 3 months here and there doesn’t cut it. Glad we’re shot of him

He’s a weird one. Goals almost got us to the play offs and kept us up last year. Could be unplayable or terrible. Don’t think he could be classed as a poor signing with his record and actually thought he was ok last week in generally poor and negative performance by the team mind you

Those penalties followed by the serious injury really did for him. He looks a bit heavy to me these days, and like he's given up a bit and going through the motions. Still trying, put in plenty of work, especially more recently. But just without much hope of achieving anything.

And he's always been best ball to feet around the edge of the box. Good control, turning players etc. We just haven't played that way for him. He's spent pretty much all his time under Ince being the big man upfront getting balls banged up to him and being bruised by centrebacks.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 19:27

Ascotexgunner
Loafer Who Is this keeper , I've literally never heard of him ever

Hes oxf*rd shit

He might well be our number 1 next season.

Not for 2-3 years

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 19:27

Sutekh Atrocious no-one gives a **** training match to end the season.

God Sarr is an utter donkey.

And Reading have managed the standard zero shots on target so far.

Signing Sarr for 4 years was stupidity. Should have had 2 years max

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 19:30

Orion1871
Vision Reading players going over to the Reading fans and getting the middle finger and oxf*rd signs. :lol:

Will be a long time until the club is back in this league. A broken club.

It may feel like it but the quality in league one is poor. We should be near the top of league one if we sign the right players and get the right manager

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 08 May 2023 19:34

That's way too positive Jimmy, sort yourself out

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 19:34

Our away record has been absolutely diabolical. Joint worst ever away record we've had below the premier league in our history.

Needs to improve massively the way we're set up. Hopefully signing a new crop of players should help us do that as this shit team would lose at teams like Forest Green and Morecambe.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 19:35

paultheroyal Utterly dreadful and no positives for anyone today.

That is Noel Hunt toast for the job full time which is hopefully a good thing.

Massive clear out incoming. There is a spine of a team we can build from but an exciting summer build incoming.

Bowen needs to back his statement and help build a team, starting with the right appointment of manager and back room staff.

Some good games to look forward to next year and excited about the bit of unknown but still hurts to see Huddersfield celebrating and other teams above us.

URZ.

I'm just happy this miserable season is over now tbh. These players have nearly given me a mental breakdown on numerous occasions.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 May 2023 19:37

Royal_jimmy
paultheroyal Utterly dreadful and no positives for anyone today.

That is Noel Hunt toast for the job full time which is hopefully a good thing.

Massive clear out incoming. There is a spine of a team we can build from but an exciting summer build incoming.

Bowen needs to back his statement and help build a team, starting with the right appointment of manager and back room staff.

Some good games to look forward to next year and excited about the bit of unknown but still hurts to see Huddersfield celebrating and other teams above us.

URZ.

I'm just happy this miserable season is over now tbh. These players have nearly given me a mental breakdown on numerous occasions.
yes of course DD

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 08 May 2023 19:39

NathStPaul #PrayForJimmy

I didn't go so I'm still alive :D

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 May 2023 19:44

YorkshireRoyal99

I doubt he was the only one who could do without this sort of game if he's looking to get a contract somewhere else in the Championship next season.

He's a good player, just not what we need. Would happily see him, and most of the rest, go now. Thanks for the good you brought, hope he does well with the rest of his career.

Having spent most of the time he has been at the club defending him against his critics, I am so angry at him pulling that stunt. Still don't think he's lazy but his attitude clearly stinks. He is paid to turn up and do a job whether he likes it or not. Nearly 900 long suffering fans still bothered to make the trip to Huddersfield today and weren't paid for the privilege! I hope word of this gets around and puts off some clubs that might have been looking at him.

Oh, and I hope that the club fine him the maximum possible. Two weeks of his wages would cover the cost of one of the bigger stars in the women's team for a year!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 May 2023 19:44

YorkshireRoyal99

Having spent most of the time he has been at the club defending him against his critics, I am so angry at him pulling that stunt. Still don't think he's lazy but his attitude clearly stinks. He is paid to turn up and do a job whether he likes it or not. Nearly 900 long suffering fans still bothered to make the trip to Huddersfield today and weren't paid for the privilege! I hope word of this gets around and puts off some clubs that might have been looking at him.

Oh, and I hope that the club fine him the maximum possible. Two weeks of his wages would cover the cost of one of the bigger stars in the women's team for a year!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 May 2023 19:45

Royal_jimmy
Sutekh Atrocious no-one gives a **** training match to end the season.

God Sarr is an utter donkey.

And Reading have managed the standard zero shots on target so far.

Signing Sarr for 4 years was stupidity. Should have had 2 years max

I watched a fair amount of the game and thought he was pretty decent. Will certainly do well in League 1 IMO.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 08 May 2023 20:18

Loum, Fornah and Rahman also decided they didn’t want to play despite being fit.

yuomi

by yuomi » 08 May 2023 20:35

Getthebeerens

Loum, Fornah and Rahman also decided they didn’t want to play despite being fit.

Could argue a stronger or more seasoned manager might have forced them to but, given how meaningless today was (or so it seemed to the players), I guess it wasn't worth a temporary manager in his final game fussing over too much.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 08 May 2023 21:06

Getthebeerens

Interesting given his recent proclamations about loving the club, and hoping he might be able to stay.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 08 May 2023 21:18

All absolute mediocrities.

Joao has been dialling it in for over a season. You were good for 6 months. Now fcuk off you mealy mouthed cnut.

192 posts