#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by PieEater » 12 Jan 2024 16:19

Elm Park Kid Didn't Blackpool fans force out the owner through protest and not turning up?

No, I'm pretty sure it was a Russian co-owner.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Jan 2024 16:24

West Brom inching towards a sale, would be another Chinese owner to leave the market. They've all been pretty poor, but we've got the prize winning mother of all c*nts, haven't we? For all WBA's travails, he leaves them in a race for PL promotion.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Jan 2024 16:46

RG30
Hendo
RG30 My worry with any pitch invasion is the match is publicly declared "abandoned" but they resume when all spectators have cleared the stadium which has happened before.

Has it? Would be interested to know when.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61125002

Going somewhat further back, some might recall a trip to Birmingham in the early 90s, soon after the fences had come down. Last day of the season, with Birmingham fans out in numbers, and fighting with the police and stewards at the front of the home end terrace all afternoon. With them seemingly blowing a chance of getting into the play-offs, they'd already been on the pitch once in protest.

With the game about to enter stoppage time, Michael Gilkes broke through 1-on-1 with the keeper. With many Reading fans eyeing the large gap in the away end fences, many were willing him to miss this one, but no, he chipped the keeper to put us 1-0 up.

Their fans angrily punched through the police at the front, and surged on again, after which many Reading fans thought it better to make an early dash for the station.

It was announced on the radio that the game was abandoned, but once the ground was cleared, the players came out and played out the last couple of minutes.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Jan 2024 17:06

The player sales rumours true. Abbey and Holmes to Luton, though possible loan back for one. All above Bowen's head.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... town-blow/

All on pitch momentum killed I fear. L2 very likely and the least of our concerns.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2024 17:16

WestYorksRoyal The player sales rumours true. Abbey and Holmes to Luton, though possible loan back for one. All above Bowen's head.

All on pitch momentum killed I fear. L2 very likely and the least of our concerns.

Fcuk

Why why would they want Holmes?

Anyway we’re screwed

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Jan 2024 17:23

Hound
WestYorksRoyal The player sales rumours true. Abbey and Holmes to Luton, though possible loan back for one. All above Bowen's head.

Fcuk

Anyway we’re screwed

Prepping for next season I'd guess.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Jan 2024 17:52

Hound

Fcuk

Anyway we’re screwed

He might actually do well at a stable club with a decent squad and manager.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Jan 2024 18:07

blythspartan
Hound

Fcuk

Anyway we’re screwed

He might actually do well at a stable club with a decent squad and manager.

Tom Holmes in the premiership is surreal.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Jan 2024 18:13

Bowen is head of football operations, If these moves were negotiated above his head then his position is untenable.
Bloke needs to walk away if he has any pride.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Jan 2024 18:24

72 bus

Bowen is head of football operations, If these moves were negotiated above his head then his position is untenable.

The crook bastards are basically daring him to walk away.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 12 Jan 2024 18:33

Bowen has 2 sons currently employed by the club. Not as straight forward as it seems.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Jan 2024 18:42

Plot thickens. Nelson apparently not keen on the idea and club have the option to extend his contract. Really being driven by Pang.

Obviously it's his home club, but taking emotion out of it and thinking about his career, surely it's a no brainer. Maybe there's a future where he stays, Dai sells, he captains us to promotion, stays into his 30s and we build him a statue. Seems pretty fcuking remote right now.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Jan 2024 18:50

72 bus

Agree his and Selles's position is untenable even given Bowen's sons at the club.

How can they both stay if the players are involved in negotiations to move behind their backs?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Jan 2024 18:53

Is the plan literally sell our squad to get as much value as possible followed by liquidation that leaves Dai with Bearwood?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 12 Jan 2024 18:59

WestYorksRoyal Is the plan literally sell our squad to get as much value as possible followed by liquidation that leaves Dai with Bearwood?

Yes, that’s pretty much it.

Did Roeselare end up being liquidated over an unpaid catering bill?

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 12 Jan 2024 19:03

I'd imagine it would be Abbey who'd be returning on loan, given the age and experience of the two.

Centre-back is probably the position we've got the most depth in - Bindon, McIntyre, Dean, Mola and Dorsett would be our options without those two.

If it's cash upfront a sell on percentage, plus getting at least one back on loan - I think, given the circumstances, it could be a lot worse.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 12 Jan 2024 19:05

WestYorksRoyal Plot thickens. Nelson apparently not keen on the idea and club have the option to extend his contract. Really being driven by Pang.

Obviously it's his home club, but taking emotion out of it and thinking about his career, surely it's a no brainer. Maybe there's a future where he stays, Dai sells, he captains us to promotion, stays into his 30s and we build him a statue. Seems pretty fcuking remote right now.

I imagine he'd not play at Luton (at least this season), whereas he's a first team regular for us. If he stays on loan until the end of the season and Luton get relegated, it probably would make sense for him.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Jan 2024 19:13

WestYorksRoyal Plot thickens. Nelson apparently not keen on the idea and club have the option to extend his contract. Really being driven by Pang.

Perhaps if Abbey is to leave he'd like it to be by his own choice to the betterment of his career. Not just being sold to any old random club because Dai Yongge and his crony are crooked bastards.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jan 2024 19:19

No player can be made to leave if under contract (unless there is a specific clause). So if Abbey/Holmes want to stay, they will.

If they do leave though, I wouldn't blame them a jot and will wish them well.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Jan 2024 19:19

Orion1871

Perhaps if Abbey is to leave he'd like it to be by his own choice to the betterment of his career. Not just being sold to any old random club because Dai Yongge and his crony are crooked bastards.

Well it's everythings that's wrong with football really. Love the game as a kid, dream of playing for your home club, work hard and then have it fcuked up by dodgy characters ruining the industry.

I think I'm falling out of love with the game to be honest. I got a ticket to Spurs v Liverpool a few months ago where I'd normally be delighted to see some top level football. But the entire day was tainted by what Reading were going through; I couldn't simply enjoy the game. Clubs like Port Vale and Lincoln are arguably more enjoyable; no billionaire bastard will buy them, it's a world away from all this, as are local non league sides. I would probably quite enjoy following the phoenix club.

2661 posts