Embargos, HMRC Payment defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

2662 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Reading4eva » 02 Dec 2023 17:57

Pepe the Horseman
Reading4eva Surely the EFL should have the ability to take the club off the oxf*rd crooks hands. Then the EFL and Nigel Howe would be able to thrash out what's best for the club not this man's back pocket.

He has damaged the club beyond belief. The players are working their backsides off and Dai Wrongge just messes it up.

Sooner he is out the better

Thought you supported Bournemouth m8.

Foot in both camps mate

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: I've lost count - Embargos, HMRC Payent defaults, non payment of wages, the usual under Dai Wrongge

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Dec 2023 20:36

Reading4eva Surely the EFL should have the ability to take the club off the oxf*rd crooks hands. Then the EFL and Nigel Howe would be able to thrash out what's best for the club not this man's back pocket.

He has damaged the club beyond belief. The players are working their backsides off and Dai Wrongge just messes it up.

Why would an industry representative body be able to seize ownership of a private company?

:roll:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Dec 2023 07:35

Snowflake Royal

Why would an industry representative body be able to seize ownership of a private company?

:roll:

And, even i they could, what exactly are the FL meant to do with the club? Raffle it off? Would the FL even pass it's own ODT?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 03 Dec 2023 11:34

PieEater
The Royal Forester
Snowflake Royal He's sunk about £200m into us. And he 'only' had about £950 to start with. Plus he's just been through two years of lockdown for.his retail businesses in China and had part of his wealth frozen.

He's still minted, but he's got to have lost something like a 5th to a 3rd of his wealth in the last 6 yeara.

That takes some doing, investing £200m from his "wealth" of £950. No wonder he can't pay the staff wages!

Pedant alert - someone missed an "m" and some uttercunt picked it up

Apologies, for my inept attempt at humour, or can you can only see humour when it has an Emoji attached. By the way an uppercunt, or indeed a lower one, is much more useful than a pie eating human. (smiling emoji)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Dec 2023 11:51

Wonder what being owned by a "reformer hedge fund" group will mean for the club long term. Genevra PR says they are "dedicated to not only generating strong financial returns, but also to introducing reforms and creating positive impact through investments".

Which other FL clubs are owned by "hedge fund" organisations, hoping one of them has a positive outlook currently?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 03 Dec 2023 12:23

Sutekh Wonder what being owned by a "reformer hedge fund" group will mean for the club long term. Genevra PR says they are "dedicated to not only generating strong financial returns, but also to introducing reforms and creating positive impact through investments".

Which other FL clubs are owned by "hedge fund" organisations, hoping one of them has a positive outlook currently?

Nottingham Forest?
Fleetwood Town?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Dec 2023 18:36

Company law says otherwise.

Introduce a law about "specificity of sport" like there is a Europe, where a sports club is a different legal entity, and it might be possible.

But where, in legal terms, a football club is a company just like a newsagent, a builder or a supermarket there's just no way to do that.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2023 13:55

Been a pretty shit 6 days or so. On Tuesday night, we won a 2nd consecutive game and were discussing the news of the takeover approaching. Since then we've failed to pay HMRC and our staff, had Bowen say on ITV that the takeovers timeline is uncertain and we've lost to a non league team.

Next time things start looking up remind me that I'm a Reading fan and enjoying football is currently illegal for us.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Dec 2023 14:47

HMRC looks to have been paid as we are off the embargo list again.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Dec 2023 14:59

Stranded HMRC looks to have been paid as we are off the embargo list again.

That sounds a bit more encouraging.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Dec 2023 15:00

blythspartan

Staff were fully paid as well I believe - not heard to the contrary

Obvs this for last month.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Dec 2023 15:01

blythspartan

who knows, very little makes sense any more.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Dec 2023 15:14

Hound
blythspartan

Staff were fully paid as well I believe - not heard to the contrary

Obvs this for last month.

Yes - staff paid in full yesterday

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 05 Dec 2023 15:15

Stranded
blythspartan

who knows, very little makes sense any more.

This is just wishful thinking really, but I was hoping that the stumbling block with the takeover might be something along the lines of who picks up the tax bill until the club is officially sold. Maybe Dai was refusing to pay and Genevra have said that he needs to pay all the bills until the takeover is complete. As you say none of it makes sense.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2023 17:41

I would genuinely like to hurt him, quite a lot.

I will, of course, not attempt to do so. But I will think about it real hard and in graphic detail.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 05 Dec 2023 18:10

Snowflake Royal I would genuinely like to hurt him, quite a lot.

I will, of course, not attempt to do so. But I will think about it real hard and in graphic detail.

It's easy for me to say watching from outside over here in Canada but i do like the idea of a demonstration outside his property in London which is right next door to Buckingham Palace i believe.
I'm sure if we know he's in the country then this could be a pretty high profile event!! something like Sundays affair with flairs, Cheques etc...
would be highly embarrassing and would be sure to make the news simply for the location of the protest!! As long as everything is peaceful with no damage done to the property with lots of noise then it may have the right result. Lets face it the demonstration on Sunday at Eastleigh has been pretty well received by all accounts.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 05 Dec 2023 22:04

Rage W ank ?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 05 Dec 2023 22:09

Crowbar6753

It's easy for me to say watching from outside over here in Canada but i do like the idea of a demonstration outside his property in London which is right next door to Buckingham Palace i believe.
I'm sure if we know he's in the country then this could be a pretty high profile event!! something like Sundays affair with flairs, Cheques etc...
would be highly embarrassing and would be sure to make the news simply for the location of the protest!! As long as everything is peaceful with no damage done to the property with lots of noise then it may have the right result. Lets face it the demonstration on Sunday at Eastleigh has been pretty well received by all accounts.

Be careful, for what the clubs worth to him and if he loses face he might well just fold the club, if he did his millionaire mates in china would clap him on the back and say fair play mate you took no shit.
Face saved, which is a major thing in China.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 05 Dec 2023 23:36

If it's close enough to Buck House to make it newsworthy in itself, I just have this sneaking suspicion that protests might be excluded in that area.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 06 Dec 2023 08:11

72 bus
Crowbar6753

Be careful, for what the clubs worth to him and if he loses face he might well just fold the club, if he did his millionaire mates in china would clap him on the back and say fair play mate you took no shit.
Face saved, which is a major thing in China.

People on here say that constantly but it can't be that major.

He's had people marching the streets against him, multiple matches interrupted with protests against him, condemnation from MPs and the EFL, and now his financial difficulties discussed on national television.

2662 posts