Rival Watch

17460 posts
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rival Watch

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Jun 2023 08:17

Sutekh Rumours suggesting Barnsley may be about to lose their best central defender to Luton and also that Swansea are after Michael Duff.

Michael Duff went to Swansea yesterday.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 05 Jul 2023 07:51

Having sacked Duncan Ferguson after just 6 months in charge, Forest Green Rovers have appointed their current Academy Manager as their caretaker 1st Team Coach.

Hannah Dingley becomes the 1st female Manager of a Men's Professional side in English football.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 05 Jul 2023 10:04

All the best to her, will keep an eye on their results

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Jul 2023 11:51

Millwall owner dies in an accident, we are their first home game.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Jul 2023 11:53

Why is it relevant that we are their first home game? Their owner has just died, it isn't about us. :roll:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jul 2023 14:26

NathStPaul Why is it relevant that we are their first home game? Their owner has just died, it isn't about us. :roll:

Think he's suggesting it wasn't an accident :?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 Jul 2023 23:40

Pepe the Horseman
NathStPaul Why is it relevant that we are their first home game? Their owner has just died, it isn't about us. :roll:

Think he's suggesting it wasn't an accident :?

:shock:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Jul 2023 10:58

Barnsley in trouble with the EFL for their ownership situation, not sure what punishment that would potentially entail.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Jul 2023 12:21

Barnsley Football Club has been charged with multiple breaches of EFL Regulations.

The charges relate to the Club:

failing to provide the League with correct and/or complete information regarding the beneficial ownership of shares in the Club despite a request for such information being made by the League;
failing to provide the League with the necessary notifications regarding the ownership position at the Club;
failing to publish accurate information on the Club’s website concerning the ultimate owners of the Significant Interest in the Club;
allowing individuals to acquire a position of Control without prior clearance from the EFL; and
failing to act towards the League with the utmost good faith.
Paul Conway and Chien Lee have also been charged with causing the Club to be in breach of EFL Regulations.

The Club, Mr Conway and Mr Lee have 14 days to respond to the charges.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 13 Jul 2023 13:08

Would I be right in saying that that's basically an undisclosed third party taking part ownership without EFL clearance?

That all sounds a bit dodgy. It's the "despite a request for such information being made by the League" bit that intrigues the most.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jul 2023 18:11

"Faiing to act towards the league with the utmost good faith" :lol:

That's probably what they'll be strung up for the most...

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 14 Jul 2023 12:46

Bit like when Vibrac and their advisors effectively took over Reading a few years ago and we got a fine (£150k if memory serves correct)

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Jul 2023 22:19

It appears those noisy neighbours are getting more and more rattled by our signings :D :D :D :D
Some of the comments are hilarious.

"If that horrible club, supported by a bunch of bellends, goes on to get promoted (or even challenge) then it will have come, once again, at the expense of a more deserving club that deserves a shot at The Championship (and has quite possibly waited long enough).

And that club could well be us.

So yes, I give a f**k. I want Reading to fall through the leagues as quickly and painfully as possible. The horrible obnoxious pr*cks.
Like Reactions:sideshowrob, Colin B, bazzer9461 and 5 others"

I can't wait to play them.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jul 2023 22:24

DD/ Royal Jimmy posts for them too?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jul 2023 22:38

Ascotexgunner It appears those noisy neighbours are getting more and more rattled by our signings :D :D :D :D

"If that horrible club, supported by a bunch of bellends, goes on to get promoted (or even challenge) then it will have come, once again, at the expense of a more deserving club that deserves a shot at The Championship (and has quite possibly waited long enough).

So yes, I give a f**k. I want Reading to fall through the leagues as quickly and painfully as possible. The horrible obnoxious pr*cks.

Well which one is it? Painfully or quickly because they’re not synonymous.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jul 2023 22:43

Ascotexgunner It appears those noisy neighbours are getting more and more rattled by our signings :D :D :D :D

Is this the Pox you're referring to? They do seem awfully obsessed with us.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Jul 2023 22:53

From Despair To Where?

Is this the Pox you're referring to? They do seem awfully obsessed with us.
well, they haven’t had the opportunity to ‘toy’ with their favourite rivals Swindon for a while, I guess.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 23 Jul 2023 04:11

"a more deserving club that deserves a shot at The Championship". The clubs that deserve to get promoted are the teams which get promoted after forty-six (or forty-nine) matches.

Here's another: "However, even if you don't consider them a proper rival there is no denying that their relative success over the last 25 years (and the relative success of other clubs that are smaller or certainly no bigger than us - Wigan etc) has impacted us and others like us. It's a football pyramid, if other clubs are cheating their way above you then it will impact you regardless of how 'irrelevant' you may think they are."

:lol: :lol: Apparently, we've been cheating our way above them for the past 25 years. They're failing to remember their relative success in the 80s was due to the money of Robert Maxwell, who himself was the embodiment of saint :lol:, and how they went into administration in the 90s - leading to them only paying 10p for every £1 worth of debt. Didn't that impact the rest of the pyramid, with Oxford cheating their way above other clubs? :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 23 Jul 2023 07:03

TBF, they're a bit right. We've been cheating our way to not total failure for about 8 -10 years.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Jul 2023 09:15

Oxfords goal against Swansea yesterday worth a watch if you see it. Utterly inept from Swansea, Russell Martin’s legacy

17460 posts