Back from the Game - Forest (H)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the Game - Forest (H)

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Aug 2010 20:47

Feds had one of those moments today like when you see someone get flashed to let them out of a junction and they judt pull out without checking the other way. One of his teammates told Feds that Kebe was available and he just aimed a kick in that direction without checking the route was clear.

It happens and he won't make that mistake again.

As for the other players:

Pearce: a massive improvement today and him and Mills looked comfortable (except during the opening exchanges)
Karacan: I have been highly critical of his performances, and especially his passing, but today his passing was a lot better.
Williams: did OK, but nothing special. Out of position a couple of times.
Howard: Worked tirelessly but his decision making let him down at times.
Long: Hardworking but unconvincing
McAnuff: Quiet
Kebe: OK
Sigurdsson: Quiet
Mills: Looked a bit off the pace but did OK
Gunnarsson: filled in admirably at right back and managed to produce another of his trademark nutmegs.

Not a bad performance today, but nothing special but we should have won it.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Aug 2010 20:50

Sun Tzu
FiNeRaIn
Positive player of the day was Brynjar - just proves why we still need him at the club and his critics can sod off IMO - clearly shows he's worth his place in our side consistently.

FiNeRaIn Oh and our right back is now injured for a few weeks and guess what guys NO COVER....where have we seen that before?

Join the dots.....

Whats your excuse for lack of centre back cover?

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 21 Aug 2010 20:51

Feel much more positive after today's performance than I did two weeks ago. We have just been held by one of the best teams in the division in a game we should have won. It was a terrible way to concede today but Feds always has a couple of calamities per season - at least one is out of the way now. I thought Pearce was good today, million times better than scunny. Good to see Williams run forward for the first time in a reading shirt. Howard worked hard in the midfield and got more into the game second half.

I agree with mcd that we are nearly there but not quite finding top gear. Once we win a game the confidence will begin to grow again.

Come on urz

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 21 Aug 2010 20:56

LoyalRoyalFan Man of the Match was Brian Howard who worked very well in midfield, getting forward and getting back in defence.

I must watch a different game from everyone else. Since the day Howard joined, I've never quite understood his 'so called' quality. It amazes me how many fans did (and continue) to slag of Harps, yet praise Howard. What does he do ????

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Aug 2010 20:58

FiNeRaIn
Sun Tzu
FiNeRaIn
Positive player of the day was Brynjar - just proves why we still need him at the club and his critics can sod off IMO - clearly shows he's worth his place in our side consistently.

FiNeRaIn Oh and our right back is now injured for a few weeks and guess what guys NO COVER....where have we seen that before?

Join the dots.....

Whats your excuse for lack of centre back cover?

Why would I need one ?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 21 Aug 2010 20:59

FiNeRaIn Whats your excuse for lack of centre back cover?

Good job Pearce is playing well and Ivar's on the mend then, innit?

And wasn't it cover at right back you were complaining about?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Aug 2010 21:01

Pseud O'Nym
FiNeRaIn Whats your excuse for lack of centre back cover?

Good job Pearce is playing well and Ivar's on the mend then, innit?

And wasn't it cover at right back you were complaining about?

" Innit" :lol:

It was both right back and centre back we need cover in. People who disagree with this know very little about football im afraid.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Aug 2010 21:02

Zammo
LoyalRoyalFan Man of the Match was Brian Howard who worked very well in midfield, getting forward and getting back in defence.

I must watch a different game from everyone else. Since the day Howard joined, I've never quite understood his 'so called' quality. It amazes me how many fans did (and continue) to slag of Harps, yet praise Howard. What does he do ????

Works hard in midfield.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Aug 2010 21:07

Sun Tzu
FiNeRaIn

Join the dots.....

I hope you've mastered cloning as the way things are going we are going to need three or four Brynjars to cover the holes in our squad. With him filling in at right back, who is now our cover at CB if Pearce or Mills get injured or suspended?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Aug 2010 21:11

Have you ever posted anything that doesn't call into question the way the club is run?

Oxon_Royal

by Oxon_Royal » 21 Aug 2010 21:14

LoyalRoyalFan Another striker should of been brought on.

I've actually been quite impressed with the grammar/ spelling on here recently, but hey it's 'HAVE been brought on', not 'of' FFS.
"Must pay more attention at school", you illiterate fools. :D
If anyone says it doesn't matter, well I'm afraid it does. This nation is full of illiterate morons as it is.

Rubbish result btw.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Aug 2010 21:14

RoyalBlue
Sun Tzu
FiNeRaIn

Join the dots.....

I hope you've mastered cloning as the way things are going we are going to need three or four Brynjars to cover the holes in our squad. With him filling in at right back, who is now our cover at CB if Pearce or Mills get injured or suspended?

Play Gunnar CB if needed and Davies can repeat his performances at right back. Deal with it when it happens. It's hardly worth losing sleep over. Sounds like Griffin has a minor pull.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Aug 2010 21:16

On basis of what i have seen so far, i think williams is going to struggle this season!

He is pretty slow for a full back and seems to only want to control, kick and pass with his left foot albeit like shorey except he does not possess the same skills as him

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Aug 2010 21:17

Zammo

Man of the match was Lee Camp, kept them in the game without a doubt.

I would actually give RFC MOM to Pearce (I can't believe i put that) purely because he seemed the most assured and consistent out there today

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Aug 2010 21:26

Royal Rother Have you ever posted anything that doesn't call into question the way the club is run?

Yes, plenty. Have you ever posted anything remotely critical of the Messiah Madejski?

How bloody far does his halo have to slip before some people begin to realise that the days when he was working wonders for the club have long since passed?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Aug 2010 21:27

RB - slating RFC since 1871 !!!!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Aug 2010 21:37

Sun Tzu RB - slating RFC since 1871 !!!!

That's interesting, that would make him how old? :lol:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Aug 2010 21:46

FiNeRaIn

That's interesting, that would make him how old? :lol:

He's comfortably into his second century. Can't you tell ?

royal-biscuit-man

by royal-biscuit-man » 21 Aug 2010 21:53

Zammo

Not alot Zammo. I've never really rated Howard from day one. He's very average i would say at keeping possession. And consistently he blasts the ball over the bar when he could have easily passed to a team mate. He makes too many wrong decisions.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 21 Aug 2010 21:55

did edward sheringham ever play for nottingham forest?