Not down yet!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Not down yet!

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 19:40

Royal With Cheese
RoyalBlue As people were pointing out on BBCRB, today's appalling performance was a replica of the Fulham capitulation last time we went down.

Personally, I thought Wigan are better than Fulham were.

But our players and their performance were equally poor in both games.

Mr.T10
Haag Royal The players we bought in during January and the team selection today was an indication of a club preparing for Championship football next year. The club know this and were not prepared to back the manager,

If you buy div 1 players you will eventually end up in Div 1

And buying premier league experience players and buying big has worked so well for QPR...

That's the equivalent of the bogie man 'spend money and you will end up like Portsmouth' argument. Those clubs are the exception not the rule. Look at West Ham and Southampton for a more reliable example. Likewise, which of our recent signings is anywhere near the quality of Scharner (incidentally I had to smile at his hand up apology to the East Stand for Dowd's mistake in not penalising him for his challenge when he took out Jem IIRC).
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 23 Feb 2013 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 23 Feb 2013 19:40

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Manchester Royals wrote: If we play like that again we wont win anything not even a shot on target terrible

Check the BBC game stats......seven shots with one on target!!!!!!!!!!

Not according to sky sports

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 23 Feb 2013 19:45

RoyalBlue
Royal With Cheese
RoyalBlue As people were pointing out on BBCRB, today's appalling performance was a replica of the Fulham capitulation last time we went down.

Personally, I thought Wigan are better than Fulham were.

But our players and their performance were equally poor in both games.

Not disagreeing with you. 2nd half defending was comical and you could see their heads drop after the 3rd went in.

For anyone who thinks 4-4-2 is the answer I would remind you that was the formation in September and October last year. How we managed to pick up any points in that time frame quite frankly was a mystery.

People's memories are very short.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 23 Feb 2013 19:45

Pog will be missed.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 23 Feb 2013 19:46

That was sort of my point.

Divvy

by Divvy » 23 Feb 2013 19:54

creative_username_1 don't slit your wrists just yet. Not a lot has changed at the bottom

The thought of us winning 4 of our remaining 11 is :lol:

Not a chance in hell. We are phucked, and BM should shoulder most of the blame!

He bought these players. He formed a defensive team. He picks the formation, the tactics. He coaches to suit his style. The end product is the crap served up on match day.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Feb 2013 20:07

ManchesterRoyals
The Real Sandhurst Royal
Manchester Royals wrote: If we play like that again we wont win anything not even a shot on target terrible

Check the BBC game stats......seven shots with one on target!!!!!!!!!!

Not according to sky sports

I think Ledge scuffed one that dribbled to Al Habsi with less force then a normal pass.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Feb 2013 20:12

Divvy
creative_username_1 don't slit your wrists just yet. Not a lot has changed at the bottom

He bought these players. He formed a defensive team. He picks the formation, the tactics. He coaches to suit his style. The end product is the crap served up on match day.

Why can't we win 4 of our remaining 11? That is such an absurd statement. That's one win per month FFS!!

Divvy

by Divvy » 23 Feb 2013 20:15

MmmMonsterMunch
Divvy

Why can't we win 4 of our remaining 11? That is such an absurd statement. That's one win per month FFS!!

Because we're not good enough.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 23 Feb 2013 20:16

We don't need to win 4 or 5 more matches. We just need to get 1 more point than Villa and two more points than Wigan.

Yeah, we've made it harder for ourselves with that dreadful display today, but we've been in good form recently and I think we can overtake Wigan again. We need Pearce in the team mind, and we need to think of a way to play without Pog- will Hunt get a chance up front? McCleary?

I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect wins against Villa, QPR and Southampton, and one from Fulham, West Ham, Liverpool, Norwich and Everton. And we've won 6 of our last 11, plus a draw with Chelsea.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 23 Feb 2013 20:19

I think Ledge scuffed one that dribbled to Al Habsi with less force then a normal pass.
Ah... but it still went to an opposite man as per normal.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 23 Feb 2013 20:23

Pandoras Box
Ah... but it still went to an opposite man as per normal.

I'm claiming that as a shot on target. Same for Harte's header back to Feds. I don't care if that's cheating!

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Feb 2013 20:29

Divvy - we managed 10 points from 12 recently so you are talking nonsense I'm afraid.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 23 Feb 2013 20:47

Afraid we are. Been inevitable since November which is why the club did not really bother during the January window.
Hope we can avoid too many embarassments like today before the end of the season

jellytot

by jellytot » 23 Feb 2013 21:20

No sorry we are down. We still have to get to about 38 points. That was a must
Win game that we have lost. At the mo villa and wigan are playing better than us.
We are way short on quality. We will go down for two reasons. First because our
Transfer policy in the summer was woeful and finally the awful
Start to the season doomed us. We will have to make up for this defeat
By beating Everton or getting results at arse or man u.. I cannot see
Us getting over that crap display.

We are just not good enough! What will we play against Everton on Sat? Prob Hunt and Alf up front
Unless roberts makes a shock return! Hardly a front line to scare Everton or any other
Pl team.
Last edited by jellytot on 23 Feb 2013 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 23 Feb 2013 21:21

jellytot No sorry we are down. We still have to get to about 38 points. That was a must
Win game that we have lost. At the mom everton ent villa and wigan are playing better than us.
We are way short on quality. We will go down for teo reasons. First because our
By beating Everton or getting results an arse or man u.. I cannot see

We are just not good enough! What will we play against Everton on Sat? Prob Hunt and Alf up front
Unless roberts makes a shock return! Hardly a front line to scare Everton or any othe
Pl team.

Well that wonderful post certainly put us all in our place.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Feb 2013 21:24

Obviously today hasn't helped. But either way, even if we had won today, we would still have to take care of business and have our work cut out. And so in that sense, not too much has changed.

On a broader level, not sure why our predicament is a surprise to anyone. We were always one of the favorites by various people to go down b4 season even started. We've been here before, same arguments, lack of ambition and investment, manager is in over his head, etc etc. And, if we get promoted again, we'll likely follow a similar script again.

We are who we are. That can be frustrating at times, especially for us fans, but the club is a tight ship and well run business wise.

But agreed, today was a mare, and not sure why some players were flat. If you aren't motivated for the game today then maybe you are in the wrong job, or certainly the wrong division. You shouldn't need a manager, whoever it is, to motivate you today. So yeah, the players and the coaches will have to do better in the coming weeks.

Anyways, what can you do, lets take em one game at a time, and have a go the rest of the way...
Last edited by Denver Royal on 23 Feb 2013 22:01, edited 2 times in total.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 23 Feb 2013 21:33

MmmMonsterMunch
Why can't we win 4 of our remaining 11?

Because McDermott picks the team?

jellytot

by jellytot » 23 Feb 2013 21:35

MmmMonsterMunch
jellytot No sorry we are down. We still have to get to about 38 points. That was a must
Win game that we have lost. At the mom everton ent villa and wigan are playing better than us.
We are way short on quality. We will go down for teo reasons. First because our
By beating Everton or getting results an arse or man u.. I cannot see

Unless roberts makes a shock return! Hardly a front line to scare Everton or any othe
Pl team.

Well that wonderful post certainly put us all in our place.[/quote

Goody gum drops. Yep my mobile always does things i do not intend. Anyway
I have edited but glad ou got drift. We are woeful and going down down dobey do down.
Last edited by jellytot on 23 Feb 2013 21:48, edited 2 times in total.

furthest flung fan

by furthest flung fan » 23 Feb 2013 21:40

This is a very brave thread...as positive as we can get at this stage of the season! Although we are still absolutely gutted by this latest setback, as the week continues we will start to get more optimistic about the Everton game, which we'd previously written off as an almost certain loss. This now becomes a 'backs against the wall', 'do or die', 'must win' game. We can only wait and wonder...The fat lady is clearing her throat. Interesting times :)