On a positive note - Uche Ikpeazu

260 posts
Biscuit_Boy

Re: On a positive note - Uche Ikpeazu

by Biscuit_Boy » 08 Apr 2013 16:23

ZacNaloen i've seen Uche play twice, he's got a good eye for goal but seemed completely unable to control the football in any other situation :shock: . Still very raw. Has potential though.

To be fair, that hasn't stopped several of Reading's first-teamers :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Apr 2013 16:30

ZacNaloen i've seen Uche play twice, he's got a good eye for goal but seemed completely unable to control the football in any other situation :shock: . Still very raw. Has potential though.

I'd agree with that. He's one hell of a big unit and there's no surprise that he's scored a lot of goals at age group football because he's had a man's size and strength for a long time now and no doubt bullies a lot of defences because of it. I've never thought he looks like he's got the quality on the ball to make it though.

That video's from 2011 as well isn't it?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Apr 2013 17:00

He looks like a guy who hasn't quite got used to how big he actually is yet. Plenty of potential, but I hold out more hope over the futures of Fosu, Tanner, Tshibola, and Kuhl.

You don't score 23 in 22 games at that level without being a decent footballer though.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 08 Apr 2013 17:17

Hoop Blah

I'd agree with that. He's one hell of a big unit and there's no surprise that he's scored a lot of goals at age group football because he's had a man's size and strength for a long time now and no doubt bullies a lot of defences because of it. I've never thought he looks like he's got the quality on the ball to make it though.

That video's from 2011 as well isn't it?

So basically he's just a poor Manset?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 08 Apr 2013 17:46

winchester_royal He looks like a guy who hasn't quite got used to how big he actually is yet. Plenty of potential, but I hold out more hope over the futures of Fosu, Tanner, Tshibola, and Kuhl.

You don't score 23 in 22 games at that level without being a decent footballer though.

You're right, but also it doesn't just take being a decent footballer to take youth team success to first team football. Just ask Paul Brayson, Alan Carey or Neville Roach about that!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Apr 2013 18:45

He has a stupid name created in a random word generator.

For that reason I say get rid of him.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 08 Apr 2013 18:50

melonhead if they were good enough theyd play for someone else. like siggurdsson

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 08 Apr 2013 19:00

andrew1957 I am not sure if any of you have seen this but this lad does have the makings of a star. Hope we have him on a long contract.

https://newsdesk4.moreover.com/click/?p ... d=1380&t=1

I don't know much about him, I have to admit, but I keep hearing from others how he's had a really impressive season and could be the next Gylfi... One thing that really excites me about Adkins is that he is prepared to give the youngsters a chance, and Ikpeazu, Samuel, Obita and co all have a chance this summer. It'd be nice to see a couple make a big impression next season!

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 08 Apr 2013 19:58

Ikpeazu and Tanner both look promising for us, they could break into the first team next season, cup run or the likes.

Wipped
Location: If happy ever after did exist, I'd still be holding you like this

by Wipped » 08 Apr 2013 20:22

great goal :shock:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Apr 2013 21:06

melonhead if they were good enough theyd play. like siggurdsson

Coppell didn't play him, good job Rodgers did and Adkins will start the youngsters.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Apr 2013 21:08

Royalee

Coppell didn't play him, good job Rodgers did and Adkins will start the youngsters.

Shame he had no idea where to play him and how to utilise his skills properly. Good job McDermott realised the team had to be built around him.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Apr 2013 21:11

sandman
Royalee

Shame he had no idea where to play him and how to utilise his skills properly. Good job McDermott realised the team had to be built around him.

Yeah, Rodgers had no clue where to play him when he scored 7 in 18 from midfield in the Prem with Swansea. :lol: Remind me what your master tactician's record is against Rodgers?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Apr 2013 21:13

Royalee
sandman
Royalee Coppell didn't play him, good job Rodgers did and Adkins will start the youngsters.

Yeah, Rodgers had no clue where to play him when he scored 7 in 18 from midfield in the Prem with Swansea. :lol: Remind me what your master tactician's record is against Rodgers?

What's that got to do with Rodgers' management of him at Reading? Oh yeah. Nothing.

Oh, and Coppell did play him, he gave him his debut. He was also in charge when he was brought into the club.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Apr 2013 21:24

Royalee
sandman
Royalee if they were good enough theyd play. like siggurdsson

Yeah, Rodgers had no clue where to play him when he scored 7 in 18 from midfield in the Prem with Swansea. :lol: Remind me what your master tactician's record is against Rodgers?[/quote]

So he managed to work it out after McDermott had shown him how. Remind me what Rodgers record was at Reading?

That's it Lee Boy you skulk off to find your big book of insults.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Apr 2013 21:46

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Apr 2013 21:47

I never thought I'd defend someone I've had so many bitter arguments with over Coppell and Rodgers appointment, but fair is fair, I think Royalee has the right to praise Rodgers and wish we hadn't sacked him. Yes he turned out to be a shockingly bad appointment as I vociferously predicted he would, as we wanted to bounce back quickly. But that's not to say given time he wouldn't come good. We shouldn't have ever appointed him, but when we did, we should've stuck with him. Royalee has every right to argue his merits.

I hope we give Adkins much more time than we gave Rodgers!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Apr 2013 21:49

Managed to work what out? It's not like Sigurdsson was ineffective before Rodgers was sacked if you actually watched the games - we were just in transition. McDermott changed back to hoofball which suited the rest of the team and Sigurdsson continued to improve. Hardly doing anything with him massively differently - didn't Rodgers show McDermott how to get promoted? Oh and Rodgers 4, McDermott 0.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Apr 2013 21:54

2 world wars, 1 world cup I never thought I'd defend someone I've had so many bitter arguments with over Coppell and Rodgers appointment, but fair is fair, I think Royalee has the right to praise Rodgers and wish we hadn't sacked him. Yes he turned out to be a shockingly bad appointment as I vociferously predicted he would, as we wanted to bounce back quickly. But that's not to say given time he wouldn't come good. We shouldn't have ever appointed him, but when we did, we should've stuck with him. Royalee has every right to argue his merits.

I hope we give Adkins much more time than we gave Rodgers!

He can argue his merits all he wants that is fine. The problem is his refusal to acknowledge that the time Rodgers was here did not go according to plan and there were big problems.

Hindsight is 20/20. Rodgers now has a test where he has to build a side like he had to do at Reading (and on a much larger scale in terms of the size of the club). At Swansea the groundwork had largely been done in terms of the style of play and the way they wanted to go so it wasn't the same as the job he had to do here.

The job he has now is massive and we will really see what he has learned from his time here.
Last edited by sandman on 08 Apr 2013 22:03, edited 2 times in total.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 08 Apr 2013 21:59

andrew1957 I am not sure if any of you have seen this but this lad does have the makings of a star. Hope we have him on a long contract.

https://newsdesk4.moreover.com/click/?p ... d=1380&t=1

He looks good, took the goal well. maybe one for next season.

260 posts