Do you like Nigel Adkins

So do you like the sun tanned tw@t (for you sandman)

Yes he`s not bad
49%
No, can`t stand the smug aresohole
18%
Don`t really care has long as we start performing
32%

Total votes: 136
handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Do you like Nigel Adkins

by handbags_harris » 03 Nov 2013 19:23

I can't warm to him, he's certainly not as personable as predecessors but we had the same with Rodgers. Only difference between Rodgers and Adkins so far has been the acceptable results and 4 previous promotions. However, the mistake I feel I made was not giving Rodgers time when it was clear performances at least were improving. His arrogance was very difficult to see through though, and ultimately the history books will tell us he won 6 games from 23 and were 21st in the division. This time around, despite my own lack of warmth towards him, I'm prepared to give Adkins as much time as he needs because I do firmly believe that he will produce the goods playing quick, incisive football. If he does that then it matters much less whether he's a c*nt or Steve Coppell.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Nov 2013 19:46

AthleticoSpizz Since when were you a skate m8?

Sk8 or not m8, they were the enemy and I still see Adkins as the enemy.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Nov 2013 19:48

Still early days, still waiting for backing from whatever the board actually comprises.

I expect us not to be quite good enough this year to go up but next year I'd expect more of the deadwood to be gone and therefore a much more technically able side to be taking to the field and getting consistently positive results.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Nov 2013 19:48

handbags_harris I can't warm to him, he's certainly not as personable as predecessors but we had the same with Rodgers. Only difference between Rodgers and Adkins so far has been the acceptable results and 4 previous promotions. However, the mistake I feel I made was not giving Rodgers time when it was clear performances at least were improving. His arrogance was very difficult to see through though, and ultimately the history books will tell us he won 6 games from 23 and were 21st in the division. This time around, despite my own lack of warmth towards him, I'm prepared to give Adkins as much time as he needs because I do firmly believe that he will produce the goods playing quick, incisive football. If he does that then it matters much less whether he's a c*nt or Steve Coppell.

Yup, it was really quick and incisive football that let Wednesday score their 3rd yesterday m8.

Btw I've now seen 235 minutes of RFC playing time this season - only 1 goal scored from open play, with very few other chances created.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Nov 2013 19:52

Big Foot
AthleticoSpizz Since when were you a skate m8?

Sk8 or not m8, they were the enemy and I still see Adkins as the enemy.
Yeah but, yeah but.,......even the sk8's love David Connelly

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 03 Nov 2013 20:11

Big Foot
handbags_harris I can't warm to him, he's certainly not as personable as predecessors but we had the same with Rodgers. Only difference between Rodgers and Adkins so far has been the acceptable results and 4 previous promotions. However, the mistake I feel I made was not giving Rodgers time when it was clear performances at least were improving. His arrogance was very difficult to see through though, and ultimately the history books will tell us he won 6 games from 23 and were 21st in the division. This time around, despite my own lack of warmth towards him, I'm prepared to give Adkins as much time as he needs because I do firmly believe that he will produce the goods playing quick, incisive football. If he does that then it matters much less whether he's a c*nt or Steve Coppell.

Yup, it was really quick and incisive football that let Wednesday score their 3rd yesterday m8.

Btw I've now seen 235 minutes of RFC playing time this season - only 1 goal scored from open play, with very few other chances created.

Thanks for responding to my post entirely out of context mate.

You're better than that. Not like you to let a personal vendetta get the better of you :|

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 03 Nov 2013 20:37

Some people in general do not like confidence. Adkins isn't cock sure of himself, he is confident and has a positive attitude.

Some of our 'fans' can't handle it, tough titty.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 03 Nov 2013 20:41

A good guy - nice bloke, knows how he wants to play and when you meet him and always has time to talk to the fans. Thankfully we did not get de Canio nor Poyet.....

A decent manager at this level and we just need to give the bloke time. I predicted we would end up 12th this year and have no reason to change that. If anyone on this board sees the team we have now and thinks we are going up then that are mad. But it's not all about promotion this year anymore it's about supporting the club, enjoying the game and seeing the team develop on the back of the fact we dont have an owner who cares (can't even be bothered to turn up to watch).

Too many on here think it is like some computer game - it's not.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Nov 2013 20:49

In answer to the thread title, yes, yes I do.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 03 Nov 2013 20:57

handbags_harris
Big Foot

Thanks for responding to my post entirely out of context mate.

You're better than that. Not like you to let a personal vendetta get the better of you :|

I'm being serious - that was the most incisive passing I'd seen us produce all season - just a shame it was self incisive and around our area, not the oppositions.

I've now seen the 5th goal on Football League Show and just have to laugh really, an absolute shambles

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Nov 2013 21:02

I don't really have an opinion on the bloke whether I like him or not yet. I liked the more understated natures of Brian and SSC, but look if he delivers what he's promised (100 goals etc etc) then great. Problem is I'm not seeing it yet. I want him to be successful and yes we need to give him time, but don't try and bullshit us or have a dig at away support.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Nov 2013 21:05

Brian never used to do that...

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Nov 2013 21:08

AthleticoSpizz Brian never used to do that...

no he didn't, he was a gent.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 03 Nov 2013 21:10

I'd much rather go for a pint with Brian, but I think long term, Adkins will be better for the club.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Nov 2013 21:24

paultheroyal In answer to the thread title, yes, yes I do.

Well there you go, a referee likes him, that means he's definitely a tw@t.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 03 Nov 2013 21:29

Barry the bird boggler Still early days, still waiting for backing from whatever the board actually comprises.

I expect us not to be quite good enough this year to go up but next year I'd expect more of the deadwood to be gone and therefore a much more technically able side to be taking to the field and getting consistently positive results.

I would agree if I had any confidence TSI would still be 'backing' us next summer. If SJM is back in control and we fail to go back up this season, then we will revert back to type and start flogging the silverware to balance the books next summer and for several summers there after, until a new owner can be found. You can expect to see the likes of McCarthy, Guthrie, Drenthe and Pogrebnyak to all go next summer, and their replacements to be youth products.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 03 Nov 2013 21:36

AthleticoSpizz
savage 4 england Luv Nigel.

Hate BMc
Yes, but, what was there to actually "hate" about MaccyD?

He's a baldy.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 Nov 2013 21:40

Brilliant!

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 03 Nov 2013 22:01

AthleticoSpizz Brilliant!

BMc just didn't look right with a bald head in a suit. Whereas Adkins looks like a proper manager in a suit.

I have based my judgement on this and this alone.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 03 Nov 2013 22:12

If he had had the proper backing by Anton/SJM in the Summer window this would not even be an issue.He do not become a bad manager overnight.