Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brian or Nigel

by AirRaidSiren » 27 Dec 2013 19:09

Another f°cking crap thread

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Dec 2013 19:11

Good god this board is repetitive and boring. I'm off to AE to discuss batteries.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Dec 2013 19:11

Brian shouldn't have been sacked. He was more responsible than anyone for our relegation, but he had performed excellently until that point.

Adkins is doing a fine job and should be kept on now that he is here.

In conclusion, SSC is the best.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 27 Dec 2013 19:12

Royal Ginger Good god this board is repetitive and boring. I'm off to AE to discuss batteries.

Power to the people!

The Royal We

by The Royal We » 27 Dec 2013 19:40

MmmMonsterMunch Oh and perhaps if people hadn't booed at matches etc during Brian's reign, he might not have got the boot. Reap what you sow.

Indeed.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 27 Dec 2013 19:47

In charge of what?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 27 Dec 2013 19:55

9 months and still talking about it, unreal

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Dec 2013 19:57

LOL at anyone who seriously voted for Adkins.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 27 Dec 2013 20:00

sandman LOL at anyone who seriously voted for Adkins.

LOL at me then, I don`t give a flying one

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 27 Dec 2013 20:06

I've got a mrs so no thanks to either.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 27 Dec 2013 20:12

Royal Ginger Good god this board is repetitive and boring. I'm off to AE to discuss batteries.

Interesting you mention that.

Now I would see Nigel as like the sort of battery that you buy in a pound shop, look like the real thing, but you're not too sure that it is. Brian, on the other hand, is like Tesco own brand, probably not quite as good as a Duracell but not having been silly enough to pay all that extra just for the name gives one a feeling of satisfaction.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Dec 2013 20:17

SPARTA FFS! Seriously, another thread on this subject?

People seem to forget the ugly effective long-ball game we played under McDermott, and the fact we weren't this high in the table the season he got us promoted...

Adkins has had a hell of a lot to deal with off the field, not forgetting he didn't get the investment that was promised to him in the summer, and the financial and ownership issues going on behind the scenes all season - yet we still find ourselves 8th at this stage with what is mostly McDermott's long-ball team; I'd argue Adkins is doing a good job considering! Yes the football is shit at the moment; it's ugly, call it what you like, but it's still got us into a better position than McDermott did the year we went up; so how about we get behind the manager and stop crying over someone who left the club 8 months ago. Get a life, please!

This season isn't lost. Far far from it in fact, but it will be if you keep crying over McDermott and booing the current and more than qualified replacement who is doing his utmost "to keep the team going" [quote Nigel Adkins yesterday] at the moment.

If you give Adkins time and a couple of transfer windows (with backing), then we will see the benefit next season.

Can this thread accidentally fall into the bin?

What absolute bollox. They are Championship-level footballers. They are capable of playing any style the manager wants them to play. They just ain't been drilled well enough by the current coaching team. And as for McD playing a long-ball game...cliché, cliché, cliché. Anyway, whatever it was, it was exciting to watch most of the time which is more than can be said for the football since he was sacked.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Dec 2013 20:28

Man Friday What absolute bollox. They are Championship-level footballers. They are capable of playing any style the manager wants them to play.

It's funny you say that, because last week Adkins admitted this team was unable to pass out from the back and that's why we have reverted to a more direct style again. Jason Roberts also admitted last week that we won promotion with a very average championship squad, and this is... a very average championship squad, with a few exceptions thrown in.
Last edited by SPARTA on 27 Dec 2013 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 27 Dec 2013 20:29

Everyone keeps going on about McDermott's direct style. He did the best he could with the players he had. Noel Hunt is a top bloke, but has the touch of a rapist. However, he's great at putting defenders under pressure and forcing mistakes. By getting the ball up to him quickly, he can isolate defenders more effectively than the predictable geriatric pace football we play now. Kebe would have never left if Brian was still in charge. That's worth 10 points and all the entertainment you could wish for.
Kebe > god

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Dec 2013 20:32

marcusopp Everyone keeps going on about McDermott's direct style. He did the best he could with the players he had.

True, but he built that squad. You'd expect he had that style in mind, it certainly seems so at Leeds. McDermott had to defend his style recently when the fans questioned it, and thye're having a decent season (although in a similar position to ourselves)

In any case, as you say, "Everyone keeps going on about McDermott's direct style. He did the best he could with the players he had." that also goes for Adkins!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Dec 2013 21:00

SPARTA
Man Friday What absolute bollox. They are Championship-level footballers. They are capable of playing any style the manager wants them to play.

It's funny you say that, because last week Adkins admitted this team was unable to pass out from the back and that's why we have reverted to a more direct style again.

And it doesn't occur to you that this is a rubbish excuse by NA for not being able to get the team to play decent football...? :roll:

Plus: "admitted this team was unable to pass out from the back" = blaming the players. Oh dear.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 27 Dec 2013 21:03

SPARTA
marcusopp Everyone keeps going on about McDermott's direct style. He did the best he could with the players he had.

True, but he built that squad. You'd expect he had that style in mind, it certainly seems so at Leeds. McDermott had to defend his style recently when the fans questioned it, and thye're having a decent season (although in a similar position to ourselves)

In any case, as you say, "Everyone keeps going on about McDermott's direct style. He did the best he could with the players he had." that also goes for Adkins!

Except that it's apparently taken Adkins 8 months to realise that whereas McD realised it from the off. Seems obvious to me as well, as a manager of people at work.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Dec 2013 23:13

marcusopp
Platypuss Brian wasn't given enough time - he should never have been sacked.
Sack Adkins - he's had enough time.

Does that cover it?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes! I like your point about time. The amount of time afforded to a manager varies on the circumstances. McD won multiple manager of the month awards in the championship, then won one in the premiership, then got sacked a month later after losing to spurs and arsenal.
Agent orange bores the life out of us with 'attractive football' and still keeps a job. I'll bet he gets paid more than Brian did too. The most excitment i've had this season was when i spilt hot tea over my crotch during the Brighton game!

You're not actually very clever, are you?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 28 Dec 2013 00:16

Admins, please delete thread. It's the shittest thread known to mankind.

Kebe is our Messi

by Kebe is our Messi » 28 Dec 2013 01:35

All those who want Brian back or think he is a better manager are clueless about football. Both these managers have completely different philosophy's. One had an effective hoofball counter attacking game and the other a more possession based game. We sacked brian because of our inability to keep the ball and if you cant keep the ball, especially in the premier league, you have far more chance of losing than winning. Nigel was brought in to change our way of playing so it gives us a better chance of staying in the premier league when we get back there.