CONFIMRED - Tyler Blackett

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Tyler Blackett on loan?

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jul 2016 10:26

Not convinced by him. A season loan to the Scottish Premier and he spends the second half of it playing with the U20s.

That's not to say he won't develop into a decent player but Aaron Kuhl had a more successful loan spell in Scotland last season and the Dundee Utd fans thought he was shit.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2016 10:36

HITC from The Mirror
Manchester United’s Tyler Blackett is closing in on a move to Reading, the Mirror report.

The United academy product came through the youth ranks at Old Trafford and started to feature for the first-team under boss Jose Mourinho’s predecessor Louis Van Gaal.

Despite showing promise, Blackett then had a loan move at Scottish Premiership champions Celtic but failed to make much of an impact at Celtic Park, starting only a handful of games.

He has since struggled to make headways at United and new boss Mourinho is said to be happy to let the defender leave this summer, prompting speculaton over his future.

A former United defender, Jaap Stam, took over the Reading post following the departure of Brian McDermott and is making swift changes at the Madejski Stadium in terms of playing style and personnel.

However, following the 4-1 midweek defeat to Newcastle United, Stam is now in the market for a new central defender before the transfer deadline and has seemingly identified Blackett as a target.

The 22-year-old made 12 appearances in all competitons with the Red Devils and also had spells on loan at Blackpool and Birmingham City.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2016 10:38

Sutekh
HITC from The Mirror
Manchester United’s Tyler Blackett is closing in on a move to Reading, the Mirror report.

The United academy product came through the youth ranks at Old Trafford and started to feature for the first-team under boss Jose Mourinho’s predecessor Louis Van Gaal.

Despite showing promise, Blackett then had a loan move at Scottish Premiership champions Celtic but failed to make much of an impact at Celtic Park, starting only a handful of games.

He has since struggled to make headways at United and new boss Mourinho is said to be happy to let the defender leave this summer, prompting speculaton over his future.

A former United defender, Jaap Stam, took over the Reading post following the departure of Brian McDermott and is making swift changes at the Madejski Stadium in terms of playing style and personnel.

However, following the 4-1 midweek defeat to Newcastle United, Stam is now in the market for a new central defender before the transfer deadline and has seemingly identified Blackett as a target.

The 22-year-old made 12 appearances in all competitons with the Red Devils and also had spells on loan at Blackpool and Birmingham City.

So Tyler would be our left back (and additionally provide centre back) cover. Anyone seen enough to think he'd be a better option than Obita at LB?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2016 16:02

I was always under the impression he was CB. Don't think he has the physical attributes for a left back.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Aug 2016 19:30

Having signed Moore. This looks like primarily cover for LB. Would be an excellent addition to the squad if signed permanently.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 20 Aug 2016 20:41

I was sat behind someone on the train home and they were on the phone telling whoever was on the other end that Blackett was at the stadium for the match today.

Obviously that is about as inconclusive a source as I could give and I have no idea if he saw him himself or was just passing on a rumour...

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Aug 2016 20:53

Kingsley Junior I was sat behind someone on the train home and they were on the phone telling whoever was on the other end that Blackett was at the stadium for the match today.

Obviously that is about as inconclusive a source as I could give and I have no idea if he saw him himself or was just passing on a rumour...

He was, pics plastered all over social media and getreading..etc

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Aug 2016 21:49

Seems keen on joining the Stam revolution.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Aug 2016 22:11

Kingsley Junior I was sat behind someone on the train home and they were on the phone telling whoever was on the other end that Blackett was at the stadium for the match today.

Posted by Charles Watts who says he was at the stadium.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Aug 2016 23:25

Royal Ginger

Presume he'd fancy his chances of getting straight in the side after watching Obita have a tough time and VDB get himself sent off.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Aug 2016 23:41

VDB had a very decent game and will only serve a one game ban.......so probably nothing of the sort

Do we really need to be reliant on loan players again?

Personally, I'd rather we not bother.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Aug 2016 23:47

It's just the one. We've always done alright with one or two. Last season was just a bit silly. Not convinced this'll be a loan either.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 21 Aug 2016 00:03

CountryRoyal

He was, pics plastered all over social media and getreading..etc

Okey doke - hadn't been on social media or get reading and no one had mentioned it here so thought it was worth posting. #lastwiththenews

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Aug 2016 13:04

AthleticoSpizz Do we really need to be reliant on loan players again?

Personally, I'd rather we not bother.

No future at Manure. Won't be a loan if he does come.

Seems to be a reoccurring theme these days. Rather than going out on endless loans aka Swift and Moore. They want to play regular football to gain experience and improve. Not all about the money. Wonder if Hector now regrets his move to Chelsea ( putting the wages aside).

Crux

by Crux » 21 Aug 2016 13:36

CountryRoyal I was always under the impression he was CB. Don't think he has the physical attributes for a left back.

What a strange Post.

Crux

by Crux » 21 Aug 2016 13:38

Royal Ginger

Typical.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Aug 2016 14:05

Crux
CountryRoyal I was always under the impression he was CB. Don't think he has the physical attributes for a left back.

What a strange Post.

Why's that then?

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 21 Aug 2016 14:15

Crux

What a strange Post.

Yours is surely stranger?

Pace perhaps?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Aug 2016 15:38

PistolPete
Crux

What a strange Post.

Yours is surely stranger?

That's just Crux's signature. Pay no heed.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Aug 2016 09:04

Royal Ginger

With Brian Lara, by the looks of things!