BFTG - Birmingham (A)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Birmingham (A)

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2021 13:10

It's almost like players who don't perform well generally aren't liked, isn’t it fellas. Weird.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Nov 2021 13:23

Snowflake Royal It's almost like players who don't perform well generally aren't liked, isn’t it fellas. Weird.

People also don’t know the definition of scapegoat.

Moore is not being blamed for the fault of others. No one made him do that pass back under no pressure.

Even Puscas isn’t a scape goat, if anything I think he gets away with more than he should because of the failing’s of the team.

And to the twat bringing race into it, you’re part of the problem trying to make everything about race you pcunt. Pretty sure Mutch and Meyler were white and so were lots of awful players to come through here. Aluko wasn’t shit because he was black, he was shit because he was shit and anyone suggesting otherwise needs their head examining.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 07 Nov 2021 13:37

Snowflake Royal Pretty poor showing saved by a couple of moments of quality / fortune.

I'm glad we've tried something new the last couple of games, but I'm left with little clue what shape the midfield is supposed to be as players seem to float at random.

Still think, despite not being particularly good, Puscas gets a raw deal on little to no service and scapegoated by the staff. Saying that, I doubt he'd have got either goal Clarke scored so fair play.

Southwood - 7 decent game, no chance on the goal
Holmes - 6 solid
Rahman - 7 gets forward well and a decent defender
Dann - 6 solid, odd moments 9f class and a couple of near hiccups
Moore - 3 started in the worst possible way with an unforgivable error for a player of his seniority and experience. Improved, but still his normal mix of overrunning the ball, wrestling forwards, poor positioning and last chance saloon blocks etc.
Laurent - 6 better than recently
TDB - 5 mostly anonymous
Ejaria - 4 the usual but with less of the good as has frequently been the case recently. Wastes possession endlessly.
Swift - 8 always a cut above, but not at his previous immaculate quality
Puscas - 5 as usual put the work in but didn’t have enough to make it count and got little service.

Clarke - 8 looked a little off the game to start, but he did his job and scored two very good goals.

Camara -n/a think it was him that came on but didn’t notice him with the goals and surprise win.

Ejaria 4 and Puscas 5 !!!! you obviously were not at the game

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 07 Nov 2021 13:50

Norfolk Royal
Millsy In my opinion, totally unfair to lay into Moore like that.

I know it's fashionable to knock Moore and the moment he made that unfortunate backpass I knew the knives would be out for him.

Rest of the game he was solid and it was his brilliant header off the line at the end that ensured the win.

On form or not, he plays his heart out for the club, really cares, plays through injury.

Noone moaned when our boy Holmes made an awful backpass in the game he got injured. Or when he wasn't marking for the goal on Tuesday.

It's the way we play, that's going to happen.

Good post.

Also agreed, I admittedly didn’t watch the second half but Moore was fine in the second, good enough (or bad enough) not to be singled out….

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Nov 2021 14:20

yeah some of the Moore stuff is a bit distasteful. Yep he is paid far more than he is worth, we all know that, but does then seem a bit unpleasant to absolutely jump on every mistake he makes. Yes a rubbish back pass and he hasn't been great this season by any stretch but I stop reading posts when they just come over vitriolic as these often do. Likewise always happy to read Ian's posts but those stupid 'Ejaria runs down the wing, tries to take 3 people on loses it' type posts are just shit. Esp when the rest of the team have been equally underperforming

Anyway, surprised more hasn't been made of Yiadom's contribution to the second goal - that was an immense run. Superb stuff.

Great 3 points, urgently needed and now hopefully can move on after the intl break with a fitter bigger squad and start climbing the table

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Nov 2021 14:36

Hound yeah some of the Moore stuff is a bit distasteful. Yep he is paid far more than he is worth, we all know that, but does then seem a bit unpleasant to absolutely jump on every mistake he makes. Yes a rubbish back pass and he hasn't been great this season by any stretch but I stop reading posts when they just come over vitriolic as these often do. Likewise always happy to read Ian's posts but those stupid 'Ejaria runs down the wing, tries to take 3 people on loses it' type posts are just shit. Esp when the rest of the team have been equally underperforming

Anyway, surprised more hasn't been made of Yiadom's contribution to the second goal - that was an immense run. Superb stuff.

Great 3 points, urgently needed and now hopefully can move on after the intl break with a fitter bigger squad and start climbing the table

Literally just mentioned to Jnr about Yids. He did well to win the ball and then go on a long run and just about manage to pass to Swift. Some effort to win the ball, run half the pitch and still make the pass.
We can never fault Yids commitment.

Re Moore. Again I see someone who is fully committed and I think he does care about the club. Dreadful error but fortunately it didn’t matter in the end.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 07 Nov 2021 14:37

I massive OMG (I think that's what young people say)
If you have a minute, check out Bowyer's post match interview on YouTube....it's hilarious.
Droopy lipped "my players performed bravely and we are tired"....FFS
If any manager of ours came out with shit like that I'd want him gone.....pathetic.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 07 Nov 2021 14:59

Moore isn’t as impressive as he used to be and represents poor value for his wages but like others I’ve got no doubt that he is trying his best. Think he should be a fair way down the pecking order now.

I always thought Aluko was licked before he began because of that stupid fee. If he’d been a free signing then he would have been a useful but unimpressive option from the bench. He wasn’t out of his depth and did good things occasionally, but he wasn’t good enough to be a regular starter - Meite consistently outperformed him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2021 16:58

Hound yeah some of the Moore stuff is a bit distasteful. Yep he is paid far more than he is worth, we all know that, but does then seem a bit unpleasant to absolutely jump on every mistake he makes. Yes a rubbish back pass and he hasn't been great this season by any stretch but I stop reading posts when they just come over vitriolic as these often do. Likewise always happy to read Ian's posts but those stupid 'Ejaria runs down the wing, tries to take 3 people on loses it' type posts are just shit. Esp when the rest of the team have been equally underperforming

If Ejaria wouldn't waste virtually every break he's in and give the ball away more than any other player (check the stats), I wouldn't be calling it out so often.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Nov 2021 17:28

Zip

Literally just mentioned to Jnr about Yids. He did well to win the ball and then go on a long run and just about manage to pass to Swift. Some effort to win the ball, run half the pitch and still make the pass.

Re Moore. Again I see someone who is fully committed and I think he does care about the club. Dreadful error but fortunately it didn’t matter in the end.

Yeah fair fcuks for him to come out and be interviewed after the game and admit that he’d dropped a massive bollock plenty of other players would’ve hidden.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 07 Nov 2021 18:07

Yeah, also don't get the hate for Moore, yes he's on far too much but that's our fault for being oxf*rd idiots and giving him that much rather than taking the Brighton money and saying "Thank you very much", of course we only say that with hindsight, at the time it probably seemed somewhat ambitious to keep hold of a player who at the time was considered one of the best in the Championship. Obviously in the long term and with hindsight it has been terrible business, another of the Gourlay legacy frankly.

From my perspective he always gives his all and he's of course gonna make mistakes from time to time which as a central defender can lead to situations like yesterday and maybe if we had lost we wouldn't be so forgiving but you could see from his reaction to the goal that he already knew he oxf*rd up and felt awful about it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 07 Nov 2021 19:55

tidus_mi2 Yeah, also don't get the hate for Moore, yes he's on far too much but that's our fault for being oxf*rd idiots and giving him that much rather than taking the Brighton money and saying "Thank you very much", of course we only say that with hindsight, at the time it probably seemed somewhat ambitious to keep hold of a player who at the time was considered one of the best in the Championship. Obviously in the long term and with hindsight it has been terrible business, another of the Gourlay legacy frankly.

From my perspective he always gives his all and he's of course gonna make mistakes from time to time which as a central defender can lead to situations like yesterday and maybe if we had lost we wouldn't be so forgiving but you could see from his reaction to the goal that he already knew he oxf*rd up and felt awful about it.

Great summary.

Pat Butchers Ring

by Pat Butchers Ring » 07 Nov 2021 20:01

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal It's almost like players who don't perform well generally aren't liked, isn’t it fellas. Weird.

People also don’t know the definition of scapegoat.

Moore is not being blamed for the fault of others. No one made him do that pass back under no pressure.

Even Puscas isn’t a scape goat, if anything I think he gets away with more than he should because of the failing’s of the team.

And to the twat bringing race into it, you’re part of the problem trying to make everything about race you pcunt. Pretty sure Mutch and Meyler were white and so were lots of awful players to come through here. Aluko wasn’t shit because he was black, he was shit because he was shit and anyone suggesting otherwise needs their head examining.

Couldnt agree more.

Rax

by Rax » 07 Nov 2021 20:14

tidus_mi2 Yeah, also don't get the hate for Moore, yes he's on far too much but that's our fault for being oxf*rd idiots and giving him that much rather than taking the Brighton money and saying "Thank you very much", of course we only say that with hindsight, at the time it probably seemed somewhat ambitious to keep hold of a player who at the time was considered one of the best in the Championship. Obviously in the long term and with hindsight it has been terrible business, another of the Gourlay legacy frankly.

From time to time you mean nearly every blooming game!

The man is an overpaid liability and the sooner he leaves our club, the better.

As I've said before, premier league salary for league 2 performances - yesterday was no different.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Nov 2021 20:56

A little distracted by the Moore talk etc but come on guys a MASSIVE well done to the young lad Clarke. Surely this has to be all about him!

Two excellent goals, and some good touches before them.

I've defended Puscas for so long but with ZERO goals all season it's going to be hard choosing him ahead of Clarke now.

He could end up being a Neville Roach - young lad scored on his debut against Oldham iirc at Elm Park, but then didn't get as much of a chance and never got a chance to do much more. I hope that doesn't happen.

But he could also be an Olise/Richards/Doyle? Who knows but whatever it is we don't want any contract bullshit happening again with a decent youngster!

Rax

by Rax » 07 Nov 2021 21:28

Millsy A little distracted by the Moore talk etc but come on guys a MASSIVE well done to the young lad Clarke. Surely this has to be all about him!

Two excellent goals, and some good touches before them.

I've defended Puscas for so long but with ZERO goals all season it's going to be hard choosing him ahead of Clarke now.

He could end up being a Neville Roach - young lad scored on his debut against Oldham iirc at Elm Park, but then didn't get as much of a chance and never got a chance to do much more. I hope that doesn't happen.

But he could also be an Olise/Richards/Doyle? Who knows but whatever it is we don't want any contract bullshit happening again with a decent youngster!

Yeah, young Roach never quite cut it unfortunately, he's certainly one that if he's had received "Academy 2021" style training, he would have been dynamite!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2021 01:02

Zip

Scapegoats are tiresome. It’s always drop Player “X” and everything will be OK. Reality is that it simply doesn’t work like that

Not Ejaria’s biggest fan myself and wouldn’t have him in my XI with everyone fit. But the fact we only got 3 points in the 5 games without him probably supports the notion he isn’t the root cause of all our problems. Similarly we lost a fair few games without Moore last year. There’s simply more to it than a couple of players underperforming

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2021 08:52

Snowflake Royal

If Ejaria wouldn't waste virtually every break he's in and give the ball away more than any other player (check the stats), I wouldn't be calling it out so often.

yes but then you could pick on a number of players and choose a topic - TDB - losing the ball trying to pass out, Laurent - running ahead of the ball and being out of position, Puscas - failing to hold up the ball, Yiadom - running down a blind alley, Swift - trying a fancy flick that doesn't come off etc etc. But you don't, so it looks like some kind of personal thing instead

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2021 09:53

Hound
Snowflake Royal

yes but then you could pick on a number of players and choose a topic - TDB - losing the ball trying to pass out, Laurent - running ahead of the ball and being out of position, Puscas - failing to hold up the ball, Yiadom - running down a blind alley, Swift - trying a fancy flick that doesn't come off etc etc. But you don't, so it looks like some kind of personal thing instead

They all contribute positively to out weigh the mistakes, except Puscas who gets no service.

And I was extremely critical of Swift in the past.

I've criticised Yiadom and TDB out wide. And Laurent.

All of them have delivered on expectations and ability in the past though. Ejaria hasn't.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2021 10:18

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal If Ejaria wouldn't waste virtually every break he's in and give the ball away more than any other player (check the stats), I wouldn't be calling it out so often.

They all contribute positively to out weigh the mistakes, except Puscas who gets no service.

And I was extremely critical of Swift in the past.

I've criticised Yiadom and TDB out wide. And Laurent.

All of them have delivered on expectations and ability in the past though. Ejaria hasn't.

Ejaria has delivered on expectations at times, if not completely consistently imo. He was very key to us being top 7 before xmas last year. Maybe not on your expectations but dont know what you were expecting. Again, if you check out other coaches' comments they nearly always pick him out as key. Whoscored rates him very highly. Puscas hasn't delivered on expectation. I'm not sure TDB has either tbh.

And its not about being critical, its those stupid posts where the sole purpose is to pick out a mistake of his. Rarely balanced with praise where its due - and there are many times when he does other work that deserves praise. If you occasionally posted something along the lines of 'Ejaria holds the ball up well, keeps possession and wins a foul' it might not look so unpleasant.