MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a)

148 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : West Bromwich Albion (a)

by Zip » 02 Jan 2023 14:35

Shame Holmes out. Still no sign of Hutchinson. If we get anything today it will be a good result.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Jan 2023 14:42

windermereROYAL Can`t say I`m happy about chucking Dann straight back in, it`s similar to hutch against QPR and we haven`t seen him since, why not wait till next weeks cup game to get him back in?

I think he's had a couple of games with the U21's in the last couple of weeks, so think he's in a much better place than maybe someone like Sarr who was thrown right back into the deep end against Birmingham and looked well off it.

Plenty of height and experience in the heart of the defence as well which is why he's probably been picked over Mbengue.

Will be a tough ask for all of our players though, it's a really strong WBA side on paper, although not sure about their defence. If we can test them enough times, keep tight at the back and ride our luck a bit, we can possibly get something.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jan 2023 14:51

YorkshireRoyal99
windermereROYAL Can`t say I`m happy about chucking Dann straight back in, it`s similar to hutch against QPR and we haven`t seen him since, why not wait till next weeks cup game to get him back in?

I think he's had a couple of games with the U21's in the last couple of weeks, so think he's in a much better place than maybe someone like Sarr who was thrown right back into the deep end against Birmingham and looked well off it.

Plenty of height and experience in the heart of the defence as well which is why he's probably been picked over Mbengue.

Will be a tough ask for all of our players though, it's a really strong WBA side on paper, although not sure about their defence. If we can test them enough times, keep tight at the back and ride our luck a bit, we can possibly get something.

This, Dann isn't being chucked back in - he has played 3 or 4 times for the u23s in the last few weeks and was on the bench v Norwich - I would say this may be a game earlier than planned for him (would say the cup game was the target) but with Holmes out and Sarr either dropped or unable to do 3 games in 6 days at the mo - it makes sense to have him in as we will likely need a bit of no nonsense defending today.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Jan 2023 14:51

YorkshireRoyal99

Will be a tough ask for all of our players though, it's a really strong WBA side on paper,although not sure about their defence If we can test them enough times, keep tight at the back and ride our luck a bit, we can possibly get something.

They`ve conceded 2 goals in their last 8 games.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Jan 2023 14:54

windermereROYAL
YorkshireRoyal99

Will be a tough ask for all of our players though, it's a really strong WBA side on paper,although not sure about their defence If we can test them enough times, keep tight at the back and ride our luck a bit, we can possibly get something.

I just mean today, 3 conventional full backs in the side against someone like Carroll who should really be able to get over the top of any of them (and Meite as well). Obviously collectively they are strong defensively, but we have some height and power in our team, so crossing opportunities and set pieces are a must for us whereas Carroll and Meite should be good outballs for us. If they can make it stick up there, we might have a chance.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jan 2023 14:54

Swift starting. Bound to bloody score. :cry:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jan 2023 14:57

YorkshireRoyal99
windermereROYAL
YorkshireRoyal99

I just mean today, 3 conventional full backs in the side against someone like Carroll who should really be able to get over the top of any of them (and Meite as well). Obviously collectively they are strong defensively, but we have some height and power in our team, so crossing opportunities and set pieces are a must for us whereas Carroll and Meite should be good outballs for us. If they can make it stick up there, we might have a chance.

Pleased Guiness-Walker is starting......he always seems to look for that ball in the box. As you say, a few quality balls might pay off.

dontbedaft

by dontbedaft » 02 Jan 2023 15:02

Hmmm. Holmes suddenly absent from the match day squad just as the transfer window opens....

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Jan 2023 15:04

Anyone else struggling with the red button?

donh99

by donh99 » 02 Jan 2023 15:06

YorkshireRoyal99 Anyone else struggling with the red button?

Not working for me.

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 02 Jan 2023 15:06

Yes, not coming up for me, just lists the Norwich game which is the main one.
It is working on the phone via the app though...odd

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jan 2023 15:08

mikey_1871

Yes, not coming up for me, just lists the Norwich game which is the main one.
It is working on the phone via the app though...odd

Yeah working on SKYGO.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Jan 2023 15:08

What a save!

Bit of a kit clash by the way

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Jan 2023 15:08

That was embarrassing defending from Dann, should be 1-0 down.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Jan 2023 15:09

Great save from Lumley.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Jan 2023 15:09

tidus_mi2 That was embarrassing defending from Dann, should be 1-0 down.

Followed by a terrible giveaway by NGW that almost resulted with a goal from a corner.

When you've survived a scare like that you have to take better care with the ball so you can take the pressure off.
Last edited by Orion1871 on 02 Jan 2023 15:13, edited 2 times in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jan 2023 15:10

What a f*ckinng save by Lumley. Shooting ourselves in the foot already. Ugh off the post now.
Lumley keeping us in this.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Jan 2023 15:10

Ascotexgunner What a f*ckinng save by Lumley. Shooting ourselves in the foot already. Ugh off the post now.

Followed by another one

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 02 Jan 2023 15:11

It's on the red button now. They've changed the interface just scroll right.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jan 2023 15:12

genome What a save!

Bit of a kit clash by the way

I thought that. What was the point of the third kit? It was the obvious choice..

148 posts