MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h)

257 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h)

by RoyalBlue » 05 Apr 2023 11:40

Stating the bleeding obvious, which somehow always seems to elude P Ince, you will always find it difficult to win games unless you set out with the intention of winning them and maintain that mindset throughout the game.

Will Ince now finally change his approach to games?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Apr 2023 11:53

Tbf to ince, he was fairly correct in it was almost job done, and picking up a few draws along the way would have seen us safe.

We do now need to win games. It’ll be interesting to see if there is a change of mindset

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Apr 2023 12:32

Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul We aren't winning this game based upon what I have seen from both clubs in the last few weeks.

The reason we are in the mess we are is because of complete apathy on all sides. Supporters, management, owner, Director of Football. Everything. If the club as a whole doesn't wake up right now we are in League 1 next season and I cannot see us getting out of it for years if we do. We lose Friday we go down imo, simple as that.

Agreed on this, we need to continue the decent home record. 7 points is realistic against Brum, Burnley, Luton and Wigan at home in my opinion. Less than that and it's curtains for us.

I'm going to confidently predict that if we go down we'll be promoted within 5 seasons. Probably 3.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Apr 2023 12:33

Sutekh
Theroyalbox This is an absolutely huge game. Hopefully those who haven't been there return to the SCL to try and get the team over the line. I can't help but think Reading missed a trick yesterday by not sacking Ince. I think with a new manager in we could've seen a good attendance and more positive support.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, just who is going to come in to take over such an injury ravaged squad. The only realistic option (after Graham Potter or Brendan Rodgers :wink: ) would be Mark Bowen and would that be different enough?

Yes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Apr 2023 12:35

Hound Tbf to ince, he was fairly correct in it was almost job done, and picking up a few draws along the way would have seen us safe.

We do now need to win games. It’ll be interesting to see if there is a change of mindset

Given he's known the points deduction was coming for the best part of a month, I doubt it arriving will change anything.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 Apr 2023 16:05

Meite and Carroll doubtful. Great.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Apr 2023 16:09

Any word on Mbengue... he looked crocked last time out?

Don't mind Carroll out if we try to actually play football instead of hoof.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Apr 2023 16:17

Snowflake Royal Any word on Mbengue... he looked crocked last time out?

Don't mind Carroll out if we try to actually play football instead of hoof.

Agree, that's one crap tactic less Ince won't play. However, both haven't been ruled out. Just facing late fitness tests.
Woking press say Mbengue is fit, for what I believe is Inces biggest ever game as a manager.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Apr 2023 17:45

Snowflake Royal Assuming Mbengue is going to be out, which forces me to go a little maverick in my suggestion for a side to actually win, which Ince won't use.

......................Lumley
Abrefa, Yiadom, Holmes, NGW
.....Hendrick, Casadei, Fornah
Meite.................................Azeez
........................Joao

Casadei to go box to box and link with Joao or wait for the pull backs around the edge of the area.

Hendrick and Fornah to mostly sit and distribute, covering fullbacks bombing on, as we try to pass through the thirds. Meite to bully the fullback. Azeez to inject some pace, trickery and enthusiasm for playing.

Yiadom to give us a modicum of pace at CB and talk Abrefa through the game.

Would like a proper DM to sit and protect, but with Loum suspended, McIntyre, Hutch and probably Mbengue injured, we don't have one.

With that back 4 we would be very weak against the aerial threat of Jutkiewicz but am not sure who else to play there.
We really do have problems for this big game.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Apr 2023 18:05

Hound Tbf to ince, he was fairly correct in it was almost job done, and picking up a few draws along the way would have seen us safe.

TBF Ince said in today's presser that wins were needed now and the mindset is different.

Yaks also on twitter re run in, don't think he would be if out on Friday

MR.CYNICAL

by MR.CYNICAL » 05 Apr 2023 18:50

Ince really does talk out of his arse, goes on today about having the points deduction hanging over us for the last month or so and now it's happened we need to win games, so what's changed? He knew it was coming yet we have only gained 2 points since it was leaked.
Can't see him changing his tactics any time soon.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 05 Apr 2023 21:25

Lumley

Yids Holmes Sarr NGW

Hendrick Fornah Casedei

Meite Joao Azeez

4-3-3

Nice and simple, the back 4 stay put leaving no holes...the midfield is our problem area, nice simple passing and get out wide to azeez and meite to beat there man and get that ball quickly into Joao.
If does work out then go 4-4-2 and replace a midfielder with Kelvin Ehib and stick him up top with Joao and just bypass the midfield if possible and hit the wings!!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 05 Apr 2023 22:13

MR.CYNICAL Ince really does talk out of his arse, goes on today about having the points deduction hanging over us for the last month or so and now it's happened we need to win games, so what's changed? He knew it was coming yet we have only gained 2 points since it was leaked.

First thing he opens up with in the press conference is "It's demoralising".
I mean how f*cking negative can you get? Things are already bad but the f*cking manager, the man who is supposed to instill confidence and fight? He is the bloody problem of we don't turn up Friday.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Apr 2023 07:53

Ascotexgunner
MR.CYNICAL Ince really does talk out of his arse, goes on today about having the points deduction hanging over us for the last month or so and now it's happened we need to win games, so what's changed? He knew it was coming yet we have only gained 2 points since it was leaked.

I mean how f*cking negative can you get? Things are already bad but the f*cking manager, the man who is supposed to instill confidence and fight? He is the bloody problem of we don't turn up Friday.

That literally wasn't the first thing he opens up with - he was asked a question on the mood and his response is:

"It's not been great. I knew it was hanging over us for a period of time but a lot of people at the club didn't know it was going to happen until it broke five or six weeks ago. The reality of it happening - of course it's demoralising, but we have to deal with it.

I get people are choosing to be negative about literally everything at the moment but what is actually wrong with that answer?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Apr 2023 07:56

Stranded
Ascotexgunner

That literally wasn't the first thing he opens up with - he was asked a question on the mood and his response is:

"It's not been great. I knew it was hanging over us for a period of time but a lot of people at the club didn't know it was going to happen until it broke five or six weeks ago. The reality of it happening - of course it's demoralising, but we have to deal with it.

I get people are choosing to be negative about literally everything at the moment but what is actually wrong with that answer?

Nothing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Apr 2023 10:13

windermereROYAL
Stranded
Ascotexgunner

Nothing.

And yet he continually bangs on about the players not being good enough and other clubs being able to pay money for players etc. now he’s calling for a siege mentality and saying he might have to take a risk in the next 7 games :lol:

Management, who’d want it it?

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Apr 2023 11:10

Ince, as expected, saying that the players will fight etc., normal manager speak and he even threw in the siege mentality bit for good measure.

Never mind the fighting Paul, just get them to play a bit of passing football for a change and create more than just our normal one or two chances per game to at least give us opportunities to win the game.

Assuming that Tom Ince isn't available I reckon he will go with Azeez from the off.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Apr 2023 11:34

South Coast Royal Ince, as expected, saying that the players will fight etc., normal manager speak and he even threw in the siege mentality bit for good measure.

Never mind the fighting Paul, just get them to play a bit of passing football for a change and create more than just our normal one or two chances per game to at least give us opportunities to win the game.

Assuming that Tom Ince isn't available I reckon he will go with Azeez from the off.

More to the point give them a bit of a chance with decent forward options. If they see opportunities being made it will help the positivity mindset and that siege mentality.

Think he will be positive for once v Brum but more careful away from home. Think it's probably worth taking chances v Burnley too as what do you have to lose, everyone sees it as a nailed on away win anyway.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 06 Apr 2023 15:38

Sutekh
South Coast Royal Ince, as expected, saying that the players will fight etc., normal manager speak and he even threw in the siege mentality bit for good measure.

More to the point give them a bit of a chance with decent forward options. If they see opportunities being made it will help the positivity mindset and that siege mentality.

Think he will be positive for once v Brum but more careful away from home. Think it's probably worth taking chances v Burnley too as what do you have to lose, everyone sees it as a nailed on away win anyway.

100% this, the Burnley game is a free hit!! may as well go gung ho and see what happens. Play for a point and we all know what'll happen there lol.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Apr 2023 16:33

Think I’d go fo:

Lumley
Abrefa Yiadom Holmes Mbengue NGW
Hendrick Casadei
Meite Joao Azeez

Subs

Bouzanis
Carroll