Neil Warnock interview in Chronicle

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Neil Warnock interview in Chronicle

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 May 2024 17:47

Mr Optimist From memory wasn’t Jem’s first nasty injury against Leeds at home caused by a scissor tackle by Michael Brown that trapped his leg and then Brown put his weight on Jem’s leg. It was considered a nasty and agricultural tackle 15-20 years ago, now outlawed?

It was a red card offence then, but the ref bottled it as he sent someone off after about 10 minutes.

They should have played about an hour of that game with 8 men.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 May 2024 18:34

WestYorksRoyal
Mr Optimist From memory wasn’t Jem’s first nasty injury against Leeds at home caused by a scissor tackle by Michael Brown that trapped his leg and then Brown put his weight on Jem’s leg. It was considered a nasty and agricultural tackle 15-20 years ago, now outlawed?

It was a red card offence then, but the ref bottled it as he sent someone off after about 10 minutes.

Was that the one where Kenny got sent off for handling outside the area early on? Or was that 05/06?

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 16 May 2024 19:00

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal

Was that the one where Kenny got sent off for handling outside the area early on? Or was that 05/06?

I think it was later, 2010-11?

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 May 2024 22:55

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal

Kenny didn't get sent off.

Just watched it back (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5osb9p_jSRg) and it's very different to how I remember it - I actually now think the referee made a reasonable decision. I can see the argument that Convey didn't actually have an obvious goal-scoring opportunity. Probably should have been a red but it wasn't like he took the ball off Convey's toes. If he hadn't handled it then it would have been a three-way race between him, the defender, and Convey to get to the ball.

As for the Leeds match where Brown wasn't sent off, Zach Thompson was sent off early on for a horrific tackle on McAnuff, but that didn't calm things down.

Danny Pugh and Michael Brown both put in horror tackles on Karacan in the first half, should both have been sent off. Pugh got booked in the second half for another shocking tackle on McAnuff, tbh my memory was that he ended up being sent off for another yellow but evidently not: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWIvpi5IQr4