Just how good does it feel.....?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Nov 2006 19:04

Woodcote Royal It's not our fault that Battle Hospital closed (NB fLOLyd hates a small font :? )

:) I almost chuckled at that one, Woodcote 8)

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 20 Nov 2006 19:16

I don't think it's complacency which drives this thread. More a celebration of how far we have come. Fruits and Crowthorne Royal put it in a nutshell and I can't improve on their posts.

FWIW, I too remember the cold, bleak afternoons at Elm Park 40 years ago; watching Bury or Oxford Utd turn us over. I also recall our dream, namely Division 2 football. How we have moved on and how proud I am.

We may not ever be a 'big club' in terms of Manchester Utd or Arsenal, but we are becoming a noticed and respected club. We have a decent and honourable manager, backroom staff and chairman. Our players are an example to the game. And....we are 8th in the Premiership, arguably the greatest league in the world.

That is good enough for me.

doylefan

by doylefan » 20 Nov 2006 19:43

fruits
Crowthorne Royal
I know certain players receive most of the plaudits,but I would like to say a big thanks to John Oster for one , he came to us with a bit of a reputation , he has n´t been given a run in the team but whenever he comes on he does really well,tries really hard does n´t seem to cause any trouble with team spirit, just does his job to the best of his ability.

The whole team, management are heroes, Sir Steve you are the greatest.

I agree, he didnt have the best reputation when he arrived but he's proved alot of people wrong!!!

Im loving being 8th at the moment, so many people expected us to be battling at the bottom of the league even now (i know its only novemeber but its a great start in comparison to watford and sheff u) cant wait for fulham at the weekend

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Nov 2006 19:48

bobby m's syrup FWIW, I too remember the cold, bleak afternoons at Elm Park 40 years ago; watching Bury or Oxford Utd turn us over. I also recall our dream, namely Division 2 football. How we have moved on and how proud I am.

Yes yes, I can remember terrible times at both EP and the Madj as well and obviously I am revelling in it at the moment. But we haven't made it quite yet. Feet on the ground, I'll relax a little more when we reach 40 points! Enjoy yourselves, please do - I'll do enough of the worrying for all of us 8) .

blue_army1871

by blue_army1871 » 20 Nov 2006 19:51

Even though we are only on a two game winning streak it feels like we have been on a fifty game winning streak. Just hope it does not all fall apart at Christmas like it has before!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Nov 2006 19:54

floyd__streete
bobby m's syrup FWIW, I too remember the cold, bleak afternoons at Elm Park 40 years ago; watching Bury or Oxford Utd turn us over. I also recall our dream, namely Division 2 football. How we have moved on and how proud I am.

Yes yes, I can remember terrible times at both EP and the Madj as well and obviously I am revelling in it at the moment. But we haven't made it quite yet. Feet on the ground, I'll relax a little more when we reach 40 points! Enjoy yourselves, please do - I'll do enough of the worrying for all of us 8) .

Well said I think FS, in a way though.

Yes we're not 'there' yet and I believe a lot of the good feeling is a little premature. An injury, a few bad results and a run of bad form with low morale and we could well be fighting a relegation dogfight we may well lose.

However having said that, on the otehr hand we ARE 'there' as we speak. We're in the Prem. End of story.

It doesn't matter hwo we're doing or whether or not we stay up because the fact is we're here and just being here makes us happy.

But I have to agree once again - with regard to getting celebrating staying up, we're a long way off that yet.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 20 Nov 2006 19:59

2 world wars, 1 world cup But I have to agree once again - with regard to getting celebrating staying up, we're a long way off that yet.

When - not if :) - we reach 40 points I shall take you all out for a slap up meal at a Berni Inn to celebrate.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 21 Nov 2006 09:39

Who said anything about complacency ?.

These are the words I wrote at the beginning of this thread.

Let's not forget where we have come from and where we are now.

A place above relegation in the Prem at the end of this season would still fulfil the wildest dreams for where I thought we would be as a club now !

but please lets hope our fans can, for the most part, remain realistic about our chances !

I can't see anyone being complacent, just an outpouring of disbelief at where we now are in comparison to where we have been and what we as fans have been used to. I can only assume that those accusations of complacency come from our newly acquired plastics?