Matt Mills

708 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Matt Mills

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Mar 2010 23:04

Matt has been a big part of our recent resurgence, he didn't have the best of games tonight..but then nor did Gylfi, Jimmy and Berty.

In all honesty, I would have done exactly the same as him tonight faced with that barrage of scorn

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 16 Mar 2010 23:05

loyalroyal4life i thought the majority of booing came After he made his gesture. A pocket of fans booed his passing as he seemeed to try the same thing over and over which i guess can warrant a boo to highlight frustrations in play

This. The booing (where I was at least) didn't actually start until he'd gestured. Before most of the crowd were just showing their frustrations which is perfectly acceptable if not aimed at a player (which I don't think it was to start with) and Mills over-reacted.

And to storm off after the game is stupid;that's what I have an issue with.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Mar 2010 23:05

It will all pass over and be smoothed over quite peacefully.

No problemo.

He'll be a happy chappy tonight.

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 16 Mar 2010 23:07

I haven't posted on here for quite sometime, but what happened tonight made me so angry I had to log on and find out what people were saying. I'm glad to see that it is almost without exception in support of Mills.

In my opinion Mills has been an enormous part of everything that has been going right for this club since the turn of the year. For fans to begin booing him for a few misplaced passes was disgraceful. I applauded him when he stuck the finger as it was the least the idiots deserved.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Mar 2010 23:08

People were frustrated he was hammering the ball out of play and told him - there is nothing wrong with that. They weren't getting on his back prior to that and haven't been in recent weeks either - I could maybe understand if he was subject to being singled out long term. In fact thats the first bit of abuse i've heard him given and even then it was a frustrated moan not down right spite aimed at him like others have suffered. Even the QPR players were running out to kebe every time matt mills got the ball it was that obvious and he had a success rate of less than 50% of finding his man

You don't middle finger your own fans...thats why he was boo'd after that and completely justified. In the MONTHS that kebe took abuse did he once do anything as unprofessional as that, did shane long either? No.

I thought matt mills was a top pro until tonight and I was saying how much I liked him and how down to earth he sounded in interviews. I was stunned at what I saw tonight and doubt i'll hold him in such high regard again.

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 16 Mar 2010 23:09

Where abouts were the idiots booing him? I know the East Stand but what block?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Mar 2010 23:09

It's absolutely nothing, he won't care at training tomorrow.
Why should he.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Mar 2010 23:09

I enjoyed a hearty LOL all round @ this storm in a tea cup. Quite frankly you shouldn't give the v-sign to those people who pay your wages, but those who gave him the bird as the umpteenth diagonal went out of play are missing the point that - presumably - this was part of the BMc game plan against a side who played a high line and defended like trojans with ten men. Mills shouldn't be such a brat as to react in all honesty and seems to demonstrate a billy big b*llocks attitude and is an absolute cert to depart in the summer, which is a bit of a shame as he has been absolutely top drawer in this recent resurgance but he clearly displays absolute contempt for the Reading public.

Anyway, I lapped up observing a good many stand-up heated rows which ensued in the East Stand after the incident, top stuff :lol: .

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 16 Mar 2010 23:10

Tbf, Kebe prolly didn't understand the abuse.

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 16 Mar 2010 23:10

the initial reaction was bad enough, but he had a chance to be the bigger man and hold his hand up when they were chanting his name, it would have all been done and dusted then, he choose not to do that.

His reaction at the end was worse and just escalated the whole situation.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Mar 2010 23:10

FiNeRaIn People were frustrated he was hammering the ball out of play and told him - there is nothing wrong with that. They weren't getting on his back prior to that and haven't been in recent weeks either - I could maybe understand if he was subject to being singled out long term. In fact thats the first bit of abuse i've heard him given and even then it was a frustrated moan not down right spite aimed at him like others have suffered. Even the QPR players were running out to kebe every time matt mills got the ball it was that obvious and he had a success rate of less than 50% of finding his man

You don't middle finger your own fans...thats why he was boo'd after that and completely justified. In the MONTHS that kebe took abuse did he once do anything as unprofessional as that, did shane long either? No.

I thought matt mills was a top pro until tonight and I was saying how much I liked him and how down to earth he sounded in interviews. I was stunned at what I saw tonight and doubt i'll hold him in such high regard again.

Equally you don't boo your own players either. Reminds me of the idiots who booed and sarcastically clapped Hughes off the pitch against Watford a few years ago.
Last edited by sandman on 16 Mar 2010 23:13, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 16 Mar 2010 23:11

After they give you a middle finger you do. Sorry.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Mar 2010 23:11

rfcjoe Once again, another embarassing example of how shit and cringe worthy our 'support'/'supporters' are. Mills was looking for a pass everytime he got the ball, his head would go up, and look. He saw, Tabb and Sig too high up the field near our strikers, and no other positive options. He was doing the only thing positive which was look for a long pass - this is different to a "hoof", as so many of our football braindeads got confused with. A long pass is exactly what is says it is - a pass played over a long distance. A hoof is a aimlessly placed kick into the opposing half. Millsy is one of the best natural and athletic defenders we have had in a long time IMO, and we go and treat him like that? The Reading fans are a fcuking utter disgrace, and need to look up how supporting your team works. I am not condoning what Mills did to the crowd, but I think he was as bemused as I was, as to how the Reading fans were reacting. Since when have our fans been football fcuking purists? I don't want to go back to Brendan Rodgers tactics of pissing about with it at the back and creating fcuk all. I want to win games. Ugly or pretty, it doesn't bother me.

Spot on.

And fair play to him for showing what he thinks too. Passion is a two way thing. It would have been worse if he'd just shrugged.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 16 Mar 2010 23:11

He didn't give me the middle finger.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 16 Mar 2010 23:12

sandman
FiNeRaIn People were frustrated he was hammering the ball out of play and told him - there is nothing wrong with that. They weren't getting on his back prior to that and haven't been in recent weeks either - I could maybe understand if he was subject to being singled out long term. In fact thats the first bit of abuse i've heard him given and even then it was a frustrated moan not down right spite aimed at him like others have suffered. Even the QPR players were running out to kebe every time matt mills got the ball it was that obvious and he had a success rate of less than 50% of finding his man

You don't boo your own players either.

Except nobody was booing him until he decided to swear at em!

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 16 Mar 2010 23:12

Cheers Rzers. I don't usually post long shite like that, but I had stuff I needed to get off my chest and vent.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Mar 2010 23:13

Drew_3 the initial reaction was bad enough, but he had a chance to be the bigger man and hold his hand up when they were chanting his name, it would have all been done and dusted then, he choose not to do that.

^ this. Matt MiLOLLOLs, typically detached-from-reality modern chav footballer.

North Eaat royal
Location: Part of that defence that didn't turn up after 2.45 on Sunday

by North Eaat royal » 16 Mar 2010 23:13

Focher The booing was out of order, however....

His long balls were utterly atrocious, and for a professional footballer to give his own fans the middle finger is even more atrocious. Jimmy Kebe has taken that level of abuse for most of the season and risen above it, it shows how mentally fragile the bloke is. If he can't take it (and he should never have got it in the first place), then he should f off to league 2 where everyone else is so shit his long balls will look good.

the only reason he was playing long balls was because he had sweet fa else to do. rasiak and kebe we're waiting for it and siggy and church for the flick on. if you can tell me what else he could have done i'd be amazed!

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 16 Mar 2010 23:14

In there is a list of players who've been slated by their own fans.

Says more about the fans than the player I reckon.

As for the player, if he did swear then it's not the cleverest thing in the World but I think that he's earnt himself the right to stand up for himself ya know, whereas the others had more of a house built on sand and couldn't really afford to risk it.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 16 Mar 2010 23:14

players are paid to take the plaudits, they are also paid to take stick (which i dont give and dont agree with)

To raise the middle finger is totally out of order, and he deserved the stick after doing it.

708 posts