Chris Gunter

214 posts
GH Royal

Re: Chris Gunter

by GH Royal » 23 Dec 2014 13:51

Gilksy
GH Royal If we can get £1.25mill+ for him I'd sell, Cummings and Kelly both solid RB's at this level and would give us funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Kelly has no pace, is forever pulling at shirts because he can't keep up with them, and is one of the higher earners. He needs to go first.

Okay, so given the description you have just stated - who the hell is going to sign him? Not to mention he is 31.

He is good enough to be a back up to Cummings for the rest of the season if needs be. Gunter is a sellable asset, Kelly is not. Cummings might be with a decent run of games.

Not to mention Gunter will be on similar wages I would imagine.

Gilksy

by Gilksy » 23 Dec 2014 14:10

Kelly should be available for a nominal fee, as should Drenthe, and relieve those wages. I suspect neither will be bought. Pog wont either, as his signing on fee was spread throughout his contract, so we'd have to cough up £1m+ before receiving anything.. AZ/TSI dis a massive number on us. Utter dross for silly money.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 23 Dec 2014 15:47

bcubed
Winston Smith seems to be a lot of glossing over of the dive going on here

What's the big deal?
He played really well that's more important to me

Exactly.
People just trying to make a big deal out of a negative because they dislike him

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Dec 2014 16:05

We have 3 right backs, half a left back and Gunter has been our worst defender this season. We need to get rid of 1 of the 3. I can't see him going but if we can get money for him and then strengthen elsewhere this would be ideal.

Also we can't rely on being able to play McCleary to stop him being a shambles. Cummings and Kelly are different and less attacking but not significantly worse. For aĺl his overlapping how many goals has he scored / set up?

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 23 Dec 2014 17:10

Ian Royal We have 3 right backs, half a left back and Gunter has been our worst defender this season. We need to get rid of 1 of the 3. I can't see him going but if we can get money for him and then strengthen elsewhere this would be ideal.

Also we can't rely on being able to play McCleary to stop him being a shambles. Cummings and Kelly are different and less attacking but not significantly worse. For aĺl his overlapping how many goals has he scored / set up?

Kelly and Cummings would be a Shambles if they had to rely on Blackman or HRK in front of them Gunter would play well with any decent winger in front of him it is just unfortunate that Gmac is the only winger at the Club with any pace Blackman no pace HRK no pace Jake Taylor No pace I can see why other clubs would be interested as they have wingers who are actually wingers and in a partnership with an attacking full back that adds another dimension to the team as you saw Saturday that's if you were there and not waiting for new messages to be posted on here I notice there are hardly any threads on here where you have not had an input and I find that very disturbing I think there is a name for it somewhere but I would just say Fecking idiot, Whats the betting you will be on here Xmas Day Any way have a good one and keep the fecking misery going

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 23 Dec 2014 17:14

joeroyal
Ian Royal We have 3 right backs, half a left back and Gunter has been our worst defender this season. We need to get rid of 1 of the 3. I can't see him going but if we can get money for him and then strengthen elsewhere this would be ideal.

Kelly and Cummings would be a Shambles if they had to rely on Blackman or HRK in front of them Gunter would play well with any decent winger in front of him it is just unfortunate that Gmac is the only winger at the Club with any pace Blackman no pace HRK no pace Jake Taylor No pace I can see why other clubs would be interested as they have wingers who are actually wingers and in a partnership with an attacking full back that adds another dimension to the team as you saw Saturday that's if you were there and not waiting for new messages to be posted on here I notice there are hardly any threads on here where you have not had an input and I find that very disturbing I think there is a name for it somewhere but I would just say Fecking idiot, Whats the betting you will be on here Xmas Day Any way have a good one and keep the fecking misery going

I'd say that Blackman and HRK are reasonably quick, obviously Gunter and McCleary are probably the quickest in the team.

Other than that, pcunting hell that was a miserable post.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Dec 2014 17:22

There's no need to take joeroyal seriously. He crops up every now and then to post something ridiculous and be abusive.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 23 Dec 2014 17:28

Ian Royal There's no need to take joeroyal seriously. He crops up every now and then to post something ridiculous and be abusive.

Was more laughable how he turned a poorly written comment into a direct verbal attack on you - strange! Oh well, t'is the season to be jolly and all that. :lol:

Cookie

by Cookie » 24 Dec 2014 12:22

If he goes, he goes. No loss IMO. He's a full international so that will help the fee.
Unfortunately there probably won't be a new player coming in to R/Back due to the over employment there.
But let's not forget why McDermott brought Kelly in from Fulham. It was because he lacked confidence in Gunter.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Dec 2014 13:12

Cookie If he goes, he goes. No loss IMO. He's a full international so that will help the fee.
Unfortunately there probably won't be a new player coming in to R/Back due to the over employment there.
But let's not forget why McDermott brought Kelly in from Fulham. It was because he lacked confidence in Gunter.

And then Gunter replaced Kelly when we realised he was still our best option.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Dec 2014 13:14

I quite like Gunter but £1m+ for a high earner with 6 months left on his contract? It's very tempting.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Dec 2014 13:39

He replaced Kelly after we were relegated when there was more licence to get forward and less defending needed, as well as being at a level Gunter had previously succeeded at, rather than just failed.

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 26 Dec 2014 23:39

I've never seen Gunter have a good game for us, the biggest hoofer in the team, and he's been responsible for dozens of mistakes leading to goals in his time with us.

GH Royal

by GH Royal » 30 Dec 2014 11:03

Colin Cheeselog I've never seen Gunter have a good game for us, the biggest hoofer in the team, and he's been responsible for dozens of mistakes leading to goals in his time with us.

Then you can't of seen many games last season.

You don't get voted 2nd in Player Of The Season without consistently being one of the top performers, wise up pal.

214 posts