Back from the game - Southampton (H)

224 posts
Elm Park Old Boy

Re: Back from the game - Southampton (H)

by Elm Park Old Boy » 10 Apr 2013 06:04

I think that never in those three seasons did I see us play a small lone striker against big defenders and expect him to win aerial balls that he was never going to win.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Apr 2013 10:02

Elm Park Old Boy I think that never in those three seasons did I see us play a small lone striker against big defenders and expect him to win aerial balls that he was never going to win.

You never saw Noel Hunt play upfront on his own?

I'm sure Adkins didn't want us to be whacking the ball up to Le Fondre in the air to challenge the centre halfs in the air and we didn't for a lot of the game. It was only when we were under more pressure and losing confidence that our players resorted to the rushed, low risk and rushed long balls again. Getting out of that habit is going to be a long and sometimes painful journey.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 10 Apr 2013 11:06

Ideal
Elm Park Old Boy I think that never in those three seasons did I see us play a small lone striker against big defenders and expect him to win aerial balls that he was never going to win.

I don't believe McDermott ever played ALF as the lone striker? But I am sure it was a brilliant ploy by Adkins, indicative of how much we are improving!

Let's not forget Arsenal only scored four the other week.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Apr 2013 13:56

melonhead just as i pick up the bad that guthrie does because I don't like him, so also do the ledge/mcanuff h8ers only notice the occasions he loses the ball because they are racist and h8 black people

Agreed. You are all shitbiscuits.

224 posts