3318 posts
YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Ex Players

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 18 Dec 2022 21:18

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
Yep. I wouldn’t be too suprised to see Joao move on in Jan mind you. Not happening for him this season and he’s prob only got one decent contract left. Can’t be happy being 4th choice and the wage savings may mean we can keep Mbengue and Carroll

True about Joao, we might recoup some cash for him as well and if it means we can pick someone like Charlie Austin up for 6 months, possibly revive our interest in Theo Walcott if that deal is available of give more opportunities for Azeez for some extra pace there, then we will probably be alright. Losing Joao but retaining both Carroll and Mbengue whilst bringing in a replacement would probably be smart business to be honest.

Not really keen on selling Joao to fund more 33 year olds on the way out.

No I'm not, but for the sake of 6 months I aren't really that bothered providing it keeps us in the league. There are certainly dafter pieces of business we've done in recent history than that and if it means helping to tie Mbengue down to a new deal as well as further reduce our wage bill overall, there are worse moves.

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 19 Dec 2022 08:43

Not sure if anybody saw last night but ex-loanee Emi Martinez saved a pen and played well in a cup final. Nice to see him doing well after being excellent for us.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Dec 2022 09:08

JedMaxwell Not sure if anybody saw last night but ex-loanee Emi Martinez saved a pen and played well in a cup final. Nice to see him doing well after being excellent for us.

Think it may have been mentioned a few times on Twitter :)

Fair play to the chap, liked him a lot when he was here, was clearly a step above. Seems a good bloke in a slightly nuts sort of way (what was that thing he did with his Golden glove trophy?) but nice to have watched a genuine World Cup match winner down at Reading, and without overplaying it too much, certainly his loan spell helped kick start his career

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 19 Dec 2022 10:22

Hound
JedMaxwell Not sure if anybody saw last night but ex-loanee Emi Martinez saved a pen and played well in a cup final. Nice to see him doing well after being excellent for us.

Think it may have been mentioned a few times on Twitter :)

Fair play to the chap, liked him a lot when he was here, was clearly a step above. Seems a good bloke in a slightly nuts sort of way (what was that thing he did with his Golden glove trophy?) but nice to have watched a genuine World Cup match winner down at Reading, and without overplaying it too much, certainly his loan spell helped kick start his career

Yeah I think his loan with us did kickstart his career. He came in when we were really up against it and had nowhere to hide, especially being a keeper. He played a huge part in us staying up and I think it was the next season he got into Arsenal's team, which then enabled him to move onto Villa.

And yes, the spunking golden glove award, in front of all the sexually repressed Qatari misogynists, was fantastic.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 19 Dec 2022 10:58

Martin Hicks was brought out at half time at the Blues game on Friday night for a pitchside interview in a "played for both" type moment. Main problem was that the microphone being used was pretty crap so you couldn't hear much of what he said

elrey

by elrey » 19 Dec 2022 10:59

Franchise FC
AthleticoSpizz Not his finest moment whattacock

Sometimes you have to wonder what, exactly, goes through the mind at times like this

I'm from more of the side that says "what goes on in the mind of the dude behind"

He's probably been in Qatar too long and was just like "do something stupid to show them what they're missing in life".

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 20 Dec 2022 08:54

Emi Martinez has said he was doing that gesture at the French fans who were booing him as he went up to collect it

JedMaxwell

by JedMaxwell » 20 Dec 2022 11:20

Winston Biscuit Emi Martinez has said he was doing that gesture at the French fans who were booing him as he went up to collect it

That makes it even funnier for me.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 20 Dec 2022 12:47

JedMaxwell
Winston Biscuit Emi Martinez has said he was doing that gesture at the French fans who were booing him as he went up to collect it

That makes it even funnier for me.

Just need the Holte End to chant "Lets all do the Emi" followed by the action, even better it its live on Sky.....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2022 16:52

Bit lax the authorities in Qatar really, not only pretending Emi’s actions were fine with them but also overlooking the two Argentine ladies who decided to celebrate in an unfettered manner both inside and outside the stadium.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Dec 2022 16:57

Sutekh

Bit lax the authorities in Qatar really, not only pretending Emi’s actions were fine with them but also overlooking the two Argentine ladies who decided to celebrate in an unfettered manner both inside and outside the stadium.
”women, know your limits”

For those of us who didn’t follow things that closely, what was that “unfettered manner”?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Dec 2022 17:03

AthleticoSpizz
Sutekh

”women, know your limits”

For those of us who didn’t follow things that closely, what was that “unfettered manner”?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20810189 ... eos-qatar/

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Dec 2022 17:03

Thank you

Thank you very much :lol:

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Dec 2022 19:06

Hal Robson Kanu is on Farage GB News tonight. Freeview 236 don't miss it within the next hour.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Dec 2022 19:39

karbota Hal Robson Kanu is on Farage GB News tonight. Freeview 236 don't miss it within the next hour.

On next 3mins talking pints.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Dec 2022 19:49

karbota
karbota Hal Robson Kanu is on Farage GB News tonight. Freeview 236 don't miss it within the next hour.

If anyone tunes in that would presumably double the audience….

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Dec 2022 19:57

Attracting the political heavyweights to GB News, it would seem.

Tomorrow, Joey Essex discusses fiscal policy.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Dec 2022 20:07

Nameless
karbota

If anyone tunes in that would presumably double the audience….

GB News viewing figures beating Sky and BBC.

https://order-order.com/2021/11/23/gb-n ... r-numbers/

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Dec 2022 20:25

Really interesting that HRK called for all players to stop taking the knee, he also said most black premier players had already stopped. Good man. I am off to buy some of his health shots for my dodgy knee.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 23 Dec 2022 07:37

karbota Really interesting that HRK called for all players to stop taking the knee, he also said most black premier players had already stopped. Good man. I am off to buy some of his health shots for my dodgy knee.

If only you could find something to fix your dodgy brain.

3318 posts