How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by Royal91 » 18 Dec 2012 18:03

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 18:04

melonhead at 2 million quid, every player is a massive unknown gamble at premiere league level.
and id still rather a 2 million failure than a 12, or 22 million failure

at no point have i said everything is fine, or that brian is brilliant
everything is not fine, brian has made some serious errors

I don't disagree with any of the first bit. I don't accept that Brian shouldn't take the fall for his very significant and numerous errors though.

I expect us to at least give surviving a good go. We may as well not turn up for teh rest of the season. We're a shambles, it's so bad there are people who actually feel pity for us rather than are just laughing. I'm not sure we'll drop many extra points that way and I expect our GA will actually be better.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 18 Dec 2012 18:07

I just wish he would go and, ironically, we could then all move on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 18:08

:lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 18:10

Ian Royal
melonhead at 2 million quid, every player is a massive unknown gamble at premiere league level.
and id still rather a 2 million failure than a 12, or 22 million failure

at no point have i said everything is fine, or that brian is brilliant
everything is not fine, brian has made some serious errors

I don't disagree with any of the first bit. I don't accept that Brian shouldn't take the fall for his very significant and numerous errors though.

I expect us to at least give surviving a good go. We may as well not turn up for teh rest of the season. We're a shambles, it's so bad there are people who actually feel pity for us rather than are just laughing. I'm not sure we'll drop many extra points that way and I expect our GA will actually be better.

im not sure you can blame him for the purcghases when he was head scout-
hed have scouted alot of players, but theyd all be in the price bracket where theyre huge gambles, or ones for the future, and managers/NH made the choices

We may as well not turn up for the rest of the season
:roll: :roll: :roll:

ooo, its embarrassing, people are laughing

dont be such a homo
being a reading fan has mostly been about embarrassment, and people laughing

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 18:12

And I wouldn't normally care, because the club has normally conducted itself professionally and competently and made a fight of any tough situations. But frankly the showing we're giving is humiliating.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 18 Dec 2012 18:12

This really is turning into Mike Basset with his bloody 4-4-2.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Dec 2012 18:19

Ian Royal And I wouldn't normally care, because the club has normally conducted itself professionally and competently and made a fight of any tough situations. But frankly the showing we're giving is humiliating.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

currently yes.

up to the man utd game id have disagreed totaly

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 18 Dec 2012 18:54

when the new owner cashes in,and the ground is sold for developement,where will the royals take up residence?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Dec 2012 18:55

frimmers3 when the new owner cashes in,and the ground is sold for developement,where will the royals take up residence?

Aldershot. Thanks for asking.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 18 Dec 2012 18:59

frimmers3 when the new owner cashes in,and the ground is sold for developement,where will the royals take up residence?

Windsor Castle.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Dec 2012 19:04

We'll knock down those shitty houses built on Elm Park and start again.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 18 Dec 2012 19:09

Royal Lady

Aldershot. Thanks for asking.

you would have to loose the "royal" tag if that scenario happened.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 18 Dec 2012 19:47

We are all blaming the wrong person. I have been very critical of BMD after the past few games but TBH the support he has had from key RFC executives has been disgraceful and I think we should all get behind him in the knowledge that we will be relegated but also in the knowledge that we should, as fans, never allow this to happen again. So in no particular order:

SJM- has never liked footballers, agents or football in general. Once he had sold 51% of RFC, he left his debt with business and gave BMD bugger all support in the summer for investment and new players. SJM you should be ashamed of yourself.

AZ - as above. Fans dont not want promises of top 10 Europe finishes we need to see real investment when the team needs it. You failed to do that in the Summer so do not blame BMD for where we are now. Stand up and be counted. You are not a fan, never have been and never will be.

NH - very quiet and not surprised. How you let key players i.e. Pearce run their contract down to the last year beggers belief. If you watched the game last night well done on securing Cummings....perhaps you might also now offer Gorkss an extension.

Samuel-bloke-whos'-name -I forget - thanks for being in front of the TV when things were going well and now weaseling your way to the back of the stage. Isn't it about time you came up with some answers?

So overall, looking at the above what could/can/BMD do? Maybe play Pearce instead of Kasper? Guthrie instead of anyone else, but anyone who saw our bench at Sunderland must ask - WTF.

BMD is not the problem and now gets my 100% support. make it difficult to sack as him as we will never get another manager as committed as he is with the woeful support upstairs that he enjoys.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Dec 2012 19:58

edit, i have completely changed my mind Ian Royal is right its a shit post.
Last edited by Focher on 18 Dec 2012 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 20:50

Haag Royal We are all blaming the wrong person.

You might think so, I don't. McDermott is not solely to blame but he is a big piece in the puzzle of shit.

Haag Royal I have been very critical of BMD after the past few games but TBH the support he has had from key RFC executives has been disgraceful and I think we should all get behind him in the knowledge that we will be relegated but also in the knowledge that we should, as fans, never allow this to happen again.

Sorry, how exactly do we stop it? Do STAR ride in on a white horse, shout "NO!" and everything sorts itself out? Do 35 spackers from HNA turn up at the ground with a list of signings to make, authorise the fees and wages for them, contact their agents and develop the tactics that will see us win games?

Haag Royal So in no particular order:
SJM- has never liked footballers, agents or football in general. Once he had sold 51% of RFC, he left his debt with business and gave BMD bugger all support in the summer for investment and new players. SJM you should be ashamed of yourself.

Why should be be ashamed of himself, he no longer owns the majority share and is not putting money into the club. Why is it him that should shoulder the blame for our spending under Zingaravich? He's hated agents and player's wages for years but it didn't stop us gaining promotion to the top flight twice, or finishing 8th in it once. Or making 2 tier 2 play off finals and another two or three play off competitions.

Haag Royal AZ - as above. Fans dont not want promises of top 10 Europe finishes we need to see real investment when the team needs it. You failed to do that in the Summer so do not blame BMD for where we are now. Stand up and be counted. You are not a fan, never have been and never will be.

That's pretty much exactly what fans want. They also want no bad seasons and all the promises to be delivered on straight away. In other words they have unrealistic expectations. You have no idea whether Anton is a fan, although why that'd come up I have no idea, I don't think he's ever really claimed to be our fan, he may have seen a few games at Elm park, but that's not necessarily the same thing.

I mean yes, by all means criticise him for inflating expectations and possibly under-budgeting for our survival bid. He certainly has cuplability, but it's joint culpability and when it comes to pitch side the buck stops with the manager, not the owner. The finances aren't brilliant this season, but they are hardly the be all and end all of our pathetic displays.

Haag Royal NH - very quiet and not surprised. How you let key players i.e. Pearce run their contract down to the last year beggers belief. If you watched the game last night well done on securing Cummings....perhaps you might also now offer Gorkss an extension.

It's amazing how Hammond is always the first to take stick when something is going wrong. Despite all of teh excellent signings and contract negotiations he's overseen over the years. Obviously he also needs to take some blame for not pushing Anton into providing more funds and allowing McDermott to enter into a season with a squad that was poorly put together. But McDermott is manager and it's him who takes the buck for signings, tactics, man-management and team selection. Not Hammond. Admittedly if the rumours about Pearce are true then Hammond must be to blame for that and it's been terribly handled. I'm not sure why Hammond would take the blame for Cummings, given he just did the paperwork, Brian was chief Scout and Rodgers was manager who had worked with him at Chelsea and brought him to the club.

Haag Royal Samuel-bloke-whos'-name -I forget - thanks for being in front of the TV when things were going well and now weaseling your way to the back of the stage. Isn't it about time you came up with some answers?
What? Really? He's a money man who brokered the deal and is a Director. Did you expect Ian Wood-Smith to come forward and do interviews when we were relegated in 07/08? He did the interviews about the ownership stuff and then disappeared, because he has oxf*rd all to do with the day to day running. He wasn't there when we won the league.

Haag Royal So overall, looking at the above what could/can/BMD do? Maybe play Pearce instead of Kasper? Guthrie instead of anyone else, but anyone who saw our bench at Sunderland must ask - WTF.
What can he do? Drill the team defensively. Man-manage his players effectively. Field a side with tactics capable of having a fighting chance of getting a draw in games - something he was just about managing earlier in the season. Change things when he's picked the wrong tactics and its clearly not working. Stand up to Hammond / Anton and play Pearce regardless of the contract situation.

A couple of those would be a start.

Haag Royal BMD is not the problem and now gets my 100% support. make it difficult to sack as him as we will never get another manager as committed as he is with the woeful support upstairs that he enjoys.

He's not the whole problem no, but that post is a desperate blame shifting in an attempt to save someone who's previously been a hero from their own shambolic performance and make excuses for them.

McDermott gets woeful support from upstairs? Most clubs would have sacked him by now. Most clubs wouldn't have employed him in the first place. He may not have got much money, but he's definitely getting at least some support from above or he'd have gone at least a week ago, if not sooner. He's said himself that Anton has gone out to use his persuasion and vision to sign players McDermott wanted who we might otherwise have struggled to get.

Your whole post is just desperately putting your fingers in your ears and singing "lalala McDermott's wonderful" in the face of all sorts of contradictory evidence.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 18 Dec 2012 21:01

Now this^^ is an excellent post.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 18 Dec 2012 21:05

see ^^^ just for the record

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Dec 2012 21:07

:shock: Two endorsements in a row! Including changing someone's mind? Fuk it, that's me done for the night, I need a lie down.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 18 Dec 2012 21:08

Ideal
Royal With Cheese

We'll knock down those shitty houses built on Elm Park and start again.

Or move to Plough Lane and rename the club Wombledong

Surely it would be Wombleding?

3209 posts