Blackpool (A) - Match Thread sponsored by a day at the sea

364 posts
Waylenstreet

Re: Blackpool (A) - Match Thread sponsored by a day at the s

by Waylenstreet » 24 Aug 2013 18:17

I'm sensing...and I am going to go out on a limb here...I'm sensing a certain amount of existential angst on this thread..what we need is a big group hug. 8)

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 24 Aug 2013 18:19

People don't see the bigger picture. Adkins hasn't even been in charge for 6 months yet. He's trying to complete a process which is very long and can sometimes appear to be sending us backwards. He's trying to change our style of football. After 3 and a half years of long ball under McDermott, its going take a while to adapt isn't it. And he hasn't even completed his first transfer window, there are players yet to come in, and he doesn't know a great deal about his squad yet, but every game he is learning more about it, and today will be an eye opener for him, and judging by his post match comments he is going to go into the market.

Its not about today, its about the football and the future of our club being secure. If a 1-0 defeat to Blackpool means we'll A) get a striker in, B) improve our football, and C) Improve our results and set ourselves up for the future, you have to take that. Would you rather we'd beaten Blackpool under McDermott playing long ball but stagnate and go even further backwards, be forever an average long ball Championship team? Ambition people, you criticise the club of showing none, when some of you show none at all.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Aug 2013 18:21

I defend Brian McDermott because he is a man I greatly respect and when I feel he has been unfairly maligned, which he has been on several occasions on this site, since he left. If you and your ilk didn't make constant little digs and attacks on him then I wouldn't have to defend him and therefore wouldn't "hark back" or whatever you called it.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 24 Aug 2013 18:21

These threads should be locked as soon as the game ends. Nothing but absolute bullshit being spouted here.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Aug 2013 18:23

MmmMonsterMunch
sandman Again you're so focused on your opinion being the only one and a pre-conceived idea about myself that you haven't actually read or taken on board anything I've said about our current situation and just made a cheap shot. Grow Up.

Grow up................(says the person who has just posted a big picture of Brian on this thread). Forgive me if I don't 'take that on board'.

You really need to calm down.

I posted it as a response to Royal91 who yet again attacked McDermott and suggested that Adkins way is the only way to succeed in this division.
Last edited by sandman on 24 Aug 2013 18:26, edited 2 times in total.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 24 Aug 2013 18:23

P!ssed Off
Unbelievable Jeff May I just remind people of the first 6 games of the 11/12 season

Millwall (H) DRAW 2-2
Leicester (A) WON 0-2
Portsmouth (A) LOST 1-0
Barnsley (H) LOST 1-2
Hull (A) LOST 1-0
Watford (H) LOST 0-2

TOTAL POINTS- 4

We already have more points than the 11/12 season and we have played two games less. As we all know, we went on to become champions that season after a very mediocre half of the season.
the majority of you need to stop over-reacting. Yes today was a very disappointing result but we are 4 games into a 45 game season, its hardly been a disastrous start. We may be a couple of players light still but there is over a week left of the window, Patience is the key. We were never going to walk the league to we cannot expect to win every game, people need to be more realistic.

Merely because you jumped on my typo...

45 game season? Please explain.

Also please just accept that some people, myself included, think that 5 out of 12 points is a poor start to a season. no need to throw a strop or start banging on about patience just accept that others think it is a poor start.

And 4 points from the first 6 games for the 2011/12 season was also a poor start to a season so not sure what your point is.

:lol: I meant 46.

And what I meant was that we had a very bad start that season, but we got promoted as champions, so there is no need to panic yet

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 24 Aug 2013 18:23

sandman I defend Brian McDermott because he is a man I greatly respect and when I feel he has been unfairly maligned, which he has been on several occasions on this site, since he left. If you and your ilk didn't make constant little digs and attacks on him then I wouldn't have to defend him and therefore wouldn't "hark back" or whatever you called it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's as if you personally knew him. Grow up.

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 24 Aug 2013 18:24

sandman
MmmMonsterMunch
sandman Again you're so focused on your opinion being the only one and a pre-conceived idea about myself that you haven't actually read or taken on board anything I've said about our current situation and just made a cheap shot. Grow Up.

Grow up................(says the person who has just posted a big picture of Brian on this thread). Forgive me if I don't 'take that on board'.

I posted it as a response to Roya91 who suggested that Adkins way is the only way to succeed in this division. You really need to calm down.

He's the only way to succeed above this division. Bigger picture.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Aug 2013 18:25

CrispyRoyal

:lol:

No, it isn't.

Haag Royal

by Haag Royal » 24 Aug 2013 18:25

What is sad about these BFTG threads is that they start with really useful opinion for those who were not at the game. Then within a few pages idiots get above themselves forgetting this a forum where opinion is welcomed.

Obviously past bedtime for some.

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 24 Aug 2013 18:28

LoyalRoyalFan
CrispyRoyal

No, it isn't.

Yeah, but the fact is, McDermott wasn't was he. You expect us to appoint every manager who's made it in the Prem as our manager? You can only have 1 manager, and that is being Mr. Obvious but apparently you missed it.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 24 Aug 2013 18:29

CrispyRoyal
LoyalRoyalFan
CrispyRoyal

No, it isn't.

Yeah, but the fact is, McDermott wasn't was he. You expect us to appoint every manager who's made it in the Prem as our manager? You can only have 1 manager, and that is being Mr. Obvious but apparently you missed it.

Readingensian

by Readingensian » 24 Aug 2013 18:30

MmmMonsterMunch
Ahaa, you are Sir John Madejski and I claim my £5.00!

On a serious note as a newly-relegated team I would expect our wage bill to be in the top three for the division. Our budgets would have included such risk so we really shouldn't be forced in to a position to sell to buy. Investment in scouting networks and the academy is all fantastic, but not so pleasing if the first team isn't performing as it should.

I agree it is early doors and perhaps too early to judge, but it's not looking promising is it?[/quote]

I don't see how anyone can say anything 4 games in!!! Do you not actually see past the next match? If we have a CAT1 academy it means we can get access to better players. If we have a better scouting network again we should have a better chance of signing good players.

We've lost away in a crap game, on a crap pitch to a crap goal. Nothing to see here folks.[/quote]

I am entitled to an opinion no matter how many games have been played. Unfortunately you don't get any more point for having a CAT1 academy or a world-wide scouting network. The point I am trying to make is that goals win points and it is the ability to score those goals that is a concern for me.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 24 Aug 2013 18:31

Haag Royal What is sad about these BFTG threads is that they start with really useful opinion for those who were not at the game. Then within a few pages idiots get above themselves forgetting this a forum where opinion is welcomed.

Obviously past bedtime for some.

I'm hoping for better on the offical BFTG ... 8)

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Aug 2013 18:32

Well, when McDermott comes back to the Madejski and gives us a right hammering, you lot can enjoy those passing stats and make out that it's successful.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Aug 2013 18:33

Well lets hope we can get a forward in before the window closes. If we don't get one, does anyone think Adkins will try starting with Pog? I'd love it if we could somehow wipe the slate clean & get him motivated again.

He looked great for us at the start of last season. Big shame it's turned out like this.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Aug 2013 18:35

LoyalRoyalFan Well, when McDermott comes back to the Madejski and gives us a right hammering, you lot can enjoy those passing stats and make out that it's successful.

Tbf, the people that continuously slate McDermott are marginally less tedious than the people who are willing Leeds to do better than us.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 24 Aug 2013 18:36

MmmMonsterMunch Well lets hope we can get a forward in before the window closes. If we don't get one, does anyone think Adkins will try starting with Pog? I'd love it if we could somehow wipe the slate clean & get him motivated again.

He looked great for us at the start of last season. Big shame it's turned out like this.

This

CrispyRoyal

by CrispyRoyal » 24 Aug 2013 18:38

Pepe the Horseman
LoyalRoyalFan Well, when McDermott comes back to the Madejski and gives us a right hammering, you lot can enjoy those passing stats and make out that it's successful.

Tbf, the people that continuously slate McDermott are marginally less tedious than the people who are willing Leeds to do better than us.

Yes, the Reading come Leeds supporters who love Brian fans are very tedious, but so are the Blackman backers, a player who is possibly worse than Simon Church. My only quam with Adkins, his faith in Blackman, fingers crossed he is just filling in till we get a striker in.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Aug 2013 18:42

sandman
MmmMonsterMunch

I posted it as a response to Roya91 who suggested that Adkins way is the only way to succeed in this division. You really need to calm down.

CrispyRoyal He's the only way to succeed above this division. Bigger picture.

No it isn't it depends mostly on the quality of player you're allowed to bring in and build a team over years which depends on the budget you're given.

How long have Stoke been in the Premier League? Granted they're not pretty but it disproves your point that it's the only way.

West Ham seem to be doing ok, with their manager being given the funds to buy in the quality of player he needs. Even Fergie was known to have played a 4-4-2 on several occasions in his last few years as a manager.

This is the problem with English football as a whole! You saw the way Brazil played and that's "the only way to go", then it was Spain and that was the "only way to go" and now it's Germany. You're so focused on what others do and wanting to be like them that you don't really take into account being yourself.

364 posts