MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (h)

263 posts
Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Rotherham United (h)

by Royals and Racers » 17 Feb 2023 13:32

Snowflake Royal I've seen enough from Camara, John Clarke and Abrefa to warrant more opportunities.

All of them would be worth some emd of season starts and plenty of sub chances

John Clarke is out for the season, so it might be difficult for him to play :)

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 17 Feb 2023 14:26

Stranded
Royal Rother
YorkshireRoyal99
I think he has mentioned himself that he'd like to finish his career in Canada, whether he sees this as a good opportunity for him being out of contract or not who knows.

For continuity it's probably worth another 12 months, it's not like he's going to be a costly player for us either, but as a squad player ideally.

I'd have thought he'd be one of the higher earners.

Nothing against him at all but on balance I would prefer him to go tbh as he'll be blocking progress for the younger squad members who'll be on 50% or less wages. If he's here, Ince has shown he would likely select him over the more inexperienced lads, and I don't think that's the way we need to be going.

Whilst I have lots of time for the blocking youngsters argument, we also simply shouldn't be shifting next year from a team of experienced heads to a team of relatively untested younger players - not saying Hoilett should be one of the experienced we keep but there needs to be a balance.

That is why I thought that with a number of games still to play the untested could be tested strongly with next season's squad make up in mind.
A run of 5 or 6 games would give a manager a very good idea of a player's potential and readiness whereas the customary 2 or 3 games of short sub appearances doesn't tell him much.

Assuming mid-table and safety for the rest of the season means a very rare opportunity for these experiments and I feel that the fans would be right behind the plan especially as the season is likely otherwise to just peter out.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2023 15:56

Royals and Racers
Snowflake Royal I've seen enough from Camara, John Clarke and Abrefa to warrant more opportunities.

All of them would be worth some emd of season starts and plenty of sub chances

John Clarke is out for the season, so it might be difficult for him to play :)

Invisible 'if available'

263 posts