CONFIRMED - Michael Hector to Chelsea

323 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIRMED - Michael Hector to Chelsea

by Ian Royal » 22 Nov 2015 16:05

I love Hector and rate him.. but Lolly at Chelsea hoping he'll save their defence. He hasn't been anywhere near his best for about a month either.

Still... if Chelsea want him back and he feels he has a chance of playing for them I'd be amazed if he stayed... It's likely to piss him off missing that opportunity. Pissed off players are rarely worth holding onto.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Nov 2015 16:39

I always thought Hector was one of those "project" signings, £4m now and with a bit of coaching and a couple of years training with better players, he might save them £8-9m down the line. If Hector on current form is the answer to their defensive woes then it's a lot worse for them than anyone imagined

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Nov 2015 17:01

He is far too casual. He is playing like he's just signed for Chelsea, if you know what I mean. A bit full of it.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 22 Nov 2015 21:53

Perhaps we could get Alex Pearce back in on loan as short term cover. Has he actually played a game except for the early Leage cup match?

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 22 Nov 2015 21:57

3points Perhaps we could get Alex Pearce back in on loan as short term cover. Has he actually played a game except for the early Leage cup match?

Bring back Gorkss ...

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 22 Nov 2015 22:03

RG7Fan
3points Perhaps we could get Alex Pearce back in on loan as short term cover. Has he actually played a game except for the early Leage cup match?

Bring back Gorkss ...

Used to love Gorkss. Good old fashioned centre half, and great beardage

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Nov 2015 22:24

3points
RG7Fan

Bring back Gorkss ...

Used to love Gorkss. Good old fashioned centre half, and great beardage

I'm on it guys

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 22 Nov 2015 22:33

Whilst I appreciate that was "tongue in cheek", it may not be as wacky as it seems. If Hector does go back to Chelsea, and as Sick Note won't be seen much more on the pitch for the remainder of his contract, we only really have McShane and Cooper left. With respect I wouldn't say any of Pierce Sweeney, Robert Dickie, Zat Jules and Dominic Hyam are anywhere near ready for the 1st XI,

Pearce would be a cheap stop-gap option, (and so well in the Reading FC mould), and should slot relatively seamlessly into the defence.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 23 Nov 2015 10:32

Judging by hector's performances in the last half dozen games Chelsea really wouldn't want him back.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Nov 2015 10:41

I say let him go and give Cooper a chance, ready for next season....

Stabilo Boss

by Stabilo Boss » 23 Nov 2015 12:54

Anyone see Pat Nevin's analysis of John Stones on BBC website recently.

His views are that young centre backs are worth keeping so that they can learn from mistakes.

I agree - not so much Hector as he will be off but get Cooper alongside McShane regularly for a season.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Nov 2015 12:57

Stabilo Boss Anyone see Pat Nevin's analysis of John Stones on BBC website recently.

His views are that young centre backs are worth keeping so that they can learn from mistakes.

I agree - not so much Hector as he will be off but get Cooper alongside McShane regularly for a season.

I've been more impressed when I've seen Cooper play as a central defender than Hector, he just seems more steady and what you want a central defender to be at this level. Would agree he needs game time so perhaps it might be his opportunity on the horizon at last.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 23 Nov 2015 13:13

strap

Whilst I appreciate that was "tongue in cheek", it may not be as wacky as it seems. If Hector does go back to Chelsea, and as Sick Note won't be seen much more on the pitch for the remainder of his contract, we only really have McShane and Cooper left. With respect I wouldn't say any of Pierce Sweeney, Robert Dickie, Zat Jules and Dominic Hyam are anywhere near ready for the 1st XI,

Pearce would be a cheap stop-gap option, (and so well in the Reading FC mould), and should slot relatively seamlessly into the defence.

no

[edit: +1 re Cooper]

janesdaddy

by janesdaddy » 23 Nov 2015 14:26

Ian Royal ... Lolly at Chelsea hoping he'll save their defence. He hasn't been anywhere near his best for about a month either.
Send him back! We'll have better options soon. It would be different if he was on form right now but, like Ian Royal said, he's not been anywhere near his best for more than a month now.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 23 Nov 2015 16:40

Can't really understand those saying "send him back".

We've got okay 3 CB's atm, one being Anton Ferdinand. Lets pretend Anton gets injured again (not hard to imagine), and we've shipped Hec back to Chelsea, we'd be left with McShane & Cooper. That isn't strong enough. I like Cooper, but he's too young/inexperienced to have a long run in the side.

Sending Hec back (or letting Chelsea recall him, should only be acceptable if we sign another new CB. Not a priority this season.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Nov 2015 16:53

HAHAHAHA good one

janesdaddy

by janesdaddy » 23 Nov 2015 17:18

Rollerbob Can't really understand those saying "send him back"....
It wouldn't be so bad if Hector were playing as well as he did at the end of last season, or at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, or even the beginning of this Championship campaign, but lately he's been pants.

Cooper has done a good job when he's been allowed to play so I'd be okay with having him back in the side again.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Nov 2015 17:53

Rollerbob Can't really understand those saying "send him back".

We've got okay 3 CB's atm, one being Anton Ferdinand. Lets pretend Anton gets injured again (not hard to imagine), and we've shipped Hec back to Chelsea, we'd be left with McShane & Cooper. That isn't strong enough. I like Cooper, but he's too young/inexperienced to have a long run in the side.

Sending Hec back (or letting Chelsea recall him, should only be acceptable if we sign another new CB. Not a priority this season.

agree.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Nov 2015 17:56

janesdaddy
Rollerbob Can't really understand those saying "send him back"....
It wouldn't be so bad if Hector were playing as well as he did at the end of last season, or at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, or even the beginning of this Championship campaign, but lately he's been pants.

Cooper has done a good job when he's been allowed to play so I'd be okay with having him back in the side again.

Given Ferdinand's a permacrock, what if McShane got injured, or Cooper had a few more Birmingham / Watford away performances? Or there was a suspension.

Who plays then?

If you're not happy about Hector's inconsistent level of performance, you're unlikely to see much different in a younger, less experienced centreback.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 23 Nov 2015 20:38

Clarke needs popularity votes. Clarke and his Chelsea mate have a convo, leak to the media that Hector is wanted at Chelsea come January. Guess what Clarke convinces Chelsea that the best place for Hector and his development is at Reading, Clarke saves the day. Just ask yourself, the form Hector is in and Chelsea need him back in 6 weeks.. Do me a favour!

323 posts