#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2661 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: “ Sell before we Dai “ supporters action group v2.2

by blythspartan » 28 Jul 2023 07:51

I messaged a really good friend who is albeit good friends with the old Reading hierarchy and he’s just sent me a Dads Army, “Don’t Panic” GIF. This seems consistent with what a couple of other posters have said.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2023 08:09

Sutekh So, any plans for a demo or some other display of opprobium on the current pathetic mess and continual lack of communication at the game tomorrow? Or will it be the same nothing to see :| clappy clap clap as Reading's team of academy players get beaten by the latest opponent that is actually able to operate as a proper football club.

It's a pre-season friendly.

If you want a protest, it should be first game of the season and once we actually have the facts that we've not paid again and an embargo confirmed by the FL, not rumours.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jul 2023 08:45

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
blythspartan
I think it’s a given that we’ll get a points deduction but not for non payment of tax to HMRC. If it’s based on non payment of wages, I can’t see that it can be disproportionate to what Wigan have received so far. I’m sure the EFL are p*ssed with Dai the same as we are.

Doubly so, their seemingly "not fit for purpose" test approved him.

How many times do you need to have that test explained to you?

It really is baffling how people still can't quite grasp it.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 28 Jul 2023 10:43

Hendo
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Doubly so, their seemingly "not fit for purpose" test approved him.

How many times do you need to have that test explained to you?

It is, but I also file under people blaming Dai for Ron Gourlay. Ian seems the first to chime in when someone blames the Fit and proper test, and rightly so btw, he is, of course, correct on this. But is also the first person to jump in and blame Dai for Gourlay. Much like the EFL Fit and proper test. Dai had no idea that Gourlay was going to go (B)rogue and destroy our club.

You cant have it both ways
Last edited by Brogue on 28 Jul 2023 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jul 2023 10:44

Brogue
Hendo
Snowflake Royal How many times do you need to have that test explained to you?

It is, but I also file under people blaming Dai for Ron Gourlay. Ian seems the first to chime in when someone blames the Fit and proper test. But is also the first person to jump in and blame Dai for Gourlay. Much like the EFL Fit and proper test. Dai had no idea that Gourlay was going to go (B)rogue and destroy our club.

You cant have i both ways

+1, file it alongside people complaining that we only got £8m for Olise.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2023 11:17

Brogue
Hendo
Snowflake Royal How many times do you need to have that test explained to you?

It is, but I also file under people blaming Dai for Ron Gourlay. Ian seems the first to chime in when someone blames the Fit and proper test, and rightly so btw, he is, of course, correct on this. But is also the first person to jump in and blame Dai for Gourlay. Much like the EFL Fit and proper test. Dai had no idea that Gourlay was going to go (B)rogue and destroy our club.

Rubbish.

I don't say Dai is to blame for everything Gourlay did because he appointed him. I blame Dai for appointing him, doing nothing to oversee him, agreeing all the budgeting and spending, overruling him on Moore's sale and contract and so on.

People try to scapegoat Gourlay for absolutely everything and pretend that Dai was just misadvised, when he was hip deep in it too. Gourlay operated to Dai's instructions. Dai could have listened to Tevreden, didn’t though, did he.

The FL test is a once only check. Once it's done its done. That's not the relationship between an empoyer and an empoyee.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 28 Jul 2023 11:23

Hendo
Brogue
Hendo

It is, but I also file under people blaming Dai for Ron Gourlay. Ian seems the first to chime in when someone blames the Fit and proper test. But is also the first person to jump in and blame Dai for Gourlay. Much like the EFL Fit and proper test. Dai had no idea that Gourlay was going to go (B)rogue and destroy our club.

Bellingham went to Dortmund for £30million at a similar time in respective careers. That’s where the frustration is.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Jul 2023 11:25

RG30
Hendo
Brogue

Bellingham went to Dortmund for £30million at a similar time in respective careers. That’s where the frustration is.

Yeah, no, I get that, and it is frustrating. But it is more aimed at those blaming the club for only getting £8m for Olise, where that was his release clause and he wouldn't have signed a new contract without it, so would've left for free.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2023 12:35

Hendo
RG30
Hendo

Yeah, no, I get that, and it is frustrating. But it is more aimed at those blaming the club for only getting £8m for Olise, where that was his release clause and he wouldn't have signed a new contract without it, so would've left for free.

Yeah, Olise is one of the few things we got right. We got £8m, 52(15) appearances, 7 goals and 13 assists for a player for minimal outlay.

This isn't a kid we raised from scratch through the academy and had abiding loyalty. It was a big club academy nearly player looking to drop a level to get games and prove himself for bigger things.

We had very little negotiating power.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Jul 2023 12:51

Snowflake Royal
Brogue
Hendo

Rubbish.

I don't say Dai is to blame for everything Gourlay did because he appointed him. I blame Dai for appointing him, doing nothing to oversee him, agreeing all the budgeting and spending, overruling him on Moore's sale and contract and so on.

People try to scapegoat Gourlay for absolutely everything and pretend that Dai was just misadvised, when he was hip deep in it too. Gourlay operated to Dai's instructions. Dai could have listened to Tevreden, didn’t though, did he.

The FL test is a once only check. Once it's done its done. That's not the relationship between an empoyer and an empoyee.

On this "The FL test is a once only check. Once it's done its done. That's not the relationship between an empoyer and an empoyee."

Once the fan led review goes into statute, expected next year, the owner and Directors tests will be repeated every 3 years.

Still needs a trigger point for when a club shows signs of becoming a crisis club, but that's progress.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jul 2023 16:17

maffff
Snowflake Royal
Brogue

Rubbish.

On this "The FL test is a once only check. Once it's done its done. That's not the relationship between an empoyer and an empoyee."

Once the fan led review goes into statute, expected next year, the owner and Directors tests will be repeated every 3 years.

Still needs a trigger point for when a club shows signs of becoming a crisis club, but that's progress.

But it has to be fit for purpose and must not create disconnects by approving people who have recently failed the PL test (in fact the two organisations should have the exact same test so as to avoid ridiculous contradictions). The FL need to be putting proper resource into it (and if it is to be done for every club on a 3 year basis then they have to do that) or outsource it to an independent organisation that can do it on their behalf. The test should charged back to each club as well, after all if I'm getting a mortgage then I also have to pay for a building survey.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 28 Jul 2023 16:41

Snowflake Royal
Hendo
RG30

Yeah, Olise is one of the few things we got right. We got £8m, 52(15) appearances, 7 goals and 13 assists for a player for minimal outlay.

This isn't a kid we raised from scratch through the academy and had abiding loyalty. It was a big club academy nearly player looking to drop a level to get games and prove himself for bigger things.

The irony is with negotiating power, we might've not ended up selling Olise as we may have wanted a price no-one was going to pay for him and ended up losing him for free at the end of his contract. If someone like Danny Loader had a release clause in his contract we would've got something for him instead of nothing (was it £3m + add ons Wolves would've signed him for if we didn't pull out?).

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Jul 2023 17:06

Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

The irony is with negotiating power, we might've not ended up selling Olise as we may have wanted a price no-one was going to pay for him and ended up losing him for free at the end of his contract. If someone like Danny Loader had a release clause in his contract we would've got something for him instead of nothing (was it £3m + add ons Wolves would've signed him for if we didn't pull out?).

Dai sanctioned spending £7.5m (?) on Sone Aluko. Amongst other notable misfit squad additions. If only a decent manager had been put in place 6 years ago........

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jul 2023 17:47

The latest genius idea is that everyone leaves in the 71st minute :|

Club officials: Be prepared for a bit of trouble today.
*everyone walks out*
Club officials: Well, that's a relief.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jul 2023 18:46

Sutekh
maffff
Snowflake Royal Rubbish.

But it has to be fit for purpose and must not create disconnects by approving people who have recently failed the PL test (in fact the two organisations should have the exact same test so as to avoid ridiculous contradictions). The FL need to be putting proper resource into it (and if it is to be done for every club on a 3 year basis then they have to do that) or outsource it to an independent organisation that can do it on their behalf. The test should charged back to each club as well, after all if I'm getting a mortgage then I also have to pay for a building survey.

How does the FL fund this?
Why does a previous failed bid matter in the slightest if the new bid meets the requirements?
How are they supposed to predict what will happen in 6 years.

This isn’t a difficult concept to grasp.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Jul 2023 20:24

Pepe the Horseman The latest genius idea is that everyone leaves in the 71st minute :|

*everyone walks out*

What would you do? Rioting? Vandalise his home? Death threats like the Everton board? These are all rightfully illegal.

The options we have are so limited. We've already generated a lot of press coverage and political involvement - beyond that, what comes next? Blackpool fans boycotted for a long time; could that work?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 28 Jul 2023 20:35

WestYorksRoyal
Pepe the Horseman The latest genius idea is that everyone leaves in the 71st minute :|

*everyone walks out*

What would you do? Rioting? Vandalise his home? Death threats like the Everton board? These are all rightfully illegal.

The options we have are so limited. We've already generated a lot of press coverage and political involvement - beyond that, what comes next? Blackpool fans boycotted for a long time; could that work?

A pitch invasion during the first half. and sit down down on the pitch until forcefully removed.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jul 2023 21:07

Brogue
WestYorksRoyal

*everyone walks out*

A pitch invasion during the first half. and sit down down on the pitch until forcefully removed.

Or even a pitch sit down after the game as more people will be willing to join in. No one will notice a walk out, but you can't ignore people refusing to leave.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 28 Jul 2023 21:25

Sutekh
maffff
Snowflake Royal Rubbish.

Couldn't agree more with all of that.

Apparently the EFL test is now more rigorous than the PL test, been strengthened following some of the more recent and notable issues at other clubs.... but it clearly isn't working. Neither is P&S (ffp).

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Jul 2023 22:15

WestYorksRoyal

What's the objective? Selling a football club is far from easy. Not as if people that have millions of pounds idly doing nothing and are prepared to waste on a vanity project are easy to find at the current time.

2661 posts