Selles In

614 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Selles In

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 11:07

Sutekh
Dirk Gently I thought that if you accept the punishment then the ban is automatic, but if you want to contest it or have a personal hearing to present mitigation there's obviously a delay while this happens.

Possibly. All seems to have blown out of all proportion given all he did was "kick a ball down the touchline, hardly as if he hurled abuse at officials, decked someone or violently kicked the ball across the pitch.

He deliberately prevented an opposition player from being able to restart the game to gain an advantage for his team.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jan 2024 11:16

Snowflake Royal
Sutekh
Dirk Gently I thought that if you accept the punishment then the ban is automatic, but if you want to contest it or have a personal hearing to present mitigation there's obviously a delay while this happens.

Possibly. All seems to have blown out of all proportion given all he did was "kick a ball down the touchline, hardly as if he hurled abuse at officials, decked someone or violently kicked the ball across the pitch.

He deliberately prevented an opposition player from being able to restart the game to gain an advantage for his team.

Tbf imagine the abuse he’d got if he’d just given the ball to the opposition player to take the quick throw in

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Jan 2024 11:17

Would/should the referee or fourth official not be aware he was banned? If we tried to field a suspended player would they let us and then take retrospective action, or would the ref be provided with these details in advance.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2024 11:18

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

Tbf imagine the abuse he’d got if he’d just given the ball to the opposition player to take the quick throw in

Exactly - don't see why it's perceived as a bad thing. If a player did that on the field it would be seen as good game management.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 11:29

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Sutekh

I doubt anyone would notice.

He could have just not touched the ball.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 11:30

YorkshireRoyal99
Hound
Snowflake Royal He deliberately prevented an opposition player from being able to restart the game to gain an advantage for his team.

Exactly - don't see why it's perceived as a bad thing. If a player did that on the field it would be seen as good game management.

Because its expressly prohibited.

Players also get cards for it.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2024 11:34

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Hound

But we'd rather likely concede and potentially lose the game as opposed to our manager receiving a card/ban or a player receiving a card?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 11:38

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

But we'd rather likely concede and potentially lose the game as opposed to our manager receiving a card/ban or a player receiving a card?

Where you getting that from?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2024 12:12

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Because its expressly prohibited.

Well our goalkeeper was ~30 yards out of his goal with their forward on the edge of our box and another player looking to take a quick throw in. Ok, nothing is guaranteed and we had a fair bit of cover at the time but it was not a bad idea to prevent them taking a quick throw in given the situation.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jan 2024 12:36

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Well our goalkeeper was ~30 yards out of his goal with their forward on the edge of our box and another player looking to take a quick throw in. Ok, nothing is guaranteed and we had a fair bit of cover at the time but it was not a bad idea to prevent them taking a quick throw in given the situation.

Let’s be honest Ian, if he’d stopped the ball, their player had taken a quick throw in and they’d scored as a result you’d be incandescent with rage at him

He should have just let the ball go through his legs and got out the way, but assume it’s a bit of instinct in the heat of the moment

Deserved the red card as those are the rules but I’ve no real issue with him doing what he did

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jan 2024 12:38

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Players always stop opponents doing things quickly; sneaky getting in the way, not retreating for set pieces, kicking the ball harder than necessary when putting it out of play, giving the ref an earful of talk so he can't restart the game etc. they may or may not get penalised as a result. Usually a yellow offence though not a sending off.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 12:44

Hound
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal Where you getting that from?

Let’s be honest Ian, if he’d stopped the ball, their player had taken a quick throw in and they’d scored as a result you’d be incandescent with rage at him

He should have just let the ball go through his legs and got out the way, but assume it’s a bit of instinct in the heat of the moment

Deserved the red card as those are the rules but I’ve no real issue with him doing what he did

You can make up shit all you like mate. Doesn't make it true.

He got the punishment, required and deserved.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Jan 2024 12:49

Snowflake Royal
Hound
YorkshireRoyal99

Sorry you looked at this with your usual anti-Selles glasses on again. I wonder what your opinion would be if Chris Wilder or Mark Bowen did something like that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 13:03

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Sorry you looked at this with your usual anti-Selles glasses on again. I wonder what your opinion would be if Chris Wilder or Mark Bowen did something like that.

They wouldn't have.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jan 2024 13:03

Snowflake Royal
Hound
YorkshireRoyal99

Doesn’t make what true? That you’d have whinged at Selles had he done that? Because we all know you would

And I didn’t argue that it wasn’t required or deserved. The opposite in fact

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jan 2024 13:17

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Doesn’t make what true? That you’d have whinged at Selles had he done that? Because we all know you would

I'll be the arbiter of what I think, thanks very much.

And I didn't argue anything other than what he did was prohibited, but it didn’t stop you and YR wading in as if I'd said something completely different.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Jan 2024 13:21

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal You can make up shit all you like mate. Doesn't make it true.

I'll be the arbiter of what I think, thanks very much.

And I didn't argue anything other than what he did was prohibited, but it didn’t stop you and YR wading in as if I'd said something completely different.

Christ, I'd bet that you could even have an argument with a paper bag.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 05 Jan 2024 13:32

Jeez, hard to believe the obnoxioustwatometer gauge could go higher but Ian is here to prove there's always another level.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 05 Jan 2024 13:47

yeah ian

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Jan 2024 13:58

I stand with Ian.

614 posts