Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by Royality creeps In » 08 Nov 2014 20:39

If you think that was poor? How are you finding the turgid shite turned out by Adkins in the league below?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 08 Nov 2014 20:42

In response to the OP the answer is obviously yes.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Nov 2014 20:45

Royal_jimmy Still think it was the right call. I personally could not stand the football we played under him. We are never going to be an established premier league side playing the way we played under him. Brian made so many mistakes in the premier league as well especially on signings when we had £10m available to re-sign Gylfi.

I just have a feeling if we'd stuck with Brian we wouldn't be any better off than we are now. Teams worked out how we played and easily stopped us in the prem.

We had no chance of signing Gylfi! We kept going back with more and more ridiculous offers that we couldn't afford. The football we played under him was adapted to the ability of the players at our disposal which makes your mention of Gylfi even more interesting because it's very doubtful we would have played a counter attacking 4-4-2 had he not been sold to Hoffenheim.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 08 Nov 2014 20:56

sandman
Royal_jimmy Still think it was the right call. I personally could not stand the football we played under him. We are never going to be an established premier league side playing the way we played under him. Brian made so many mistakes in the premier league as well especially on signings when we had £10m available to re-sign Gylfi.

I just have a feeling if we'd stuck with Brian we wouldn't be any better off than we are now. Teams worked out how we played and easily stopped us in the prem.

We had no chance of signing Gylfi! We kept going back with more and more ridiculous offers that we couldn't afford. The football we played under him was adapted to the ability of the players at our disposal which makes your mention of Gylfi even more interesting because it's very doubtful we would have played a counter attacking 4-4-2 had he not been sold to Hoffenheim.

We would truly have been in the shit financially if we signed Gylfi (although clearly never going to happen).

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Nov 2014 21:04

McD didn't have to say how much (little) he was given by AZ - but he did. Anyone who believes AZ had any intention of spending millions is deluded. Where do you think all that money has gone that we got through going up, parachute payments etc - conversely, no-one know how much/little Adkins has had to spend - but you can be sure that every single game we played under McD we gave it a bloody good go and McD could never be accused of not trying - long ball or not.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Nov 2014 23:30

Royality creeps In If you think that was poor? How are you finding the turgid shite turned out by Adkins in the league below?

Much superior on the whole ta.
Royal Lady McD didn't have to say how much (little) he was given by AZ - but he did. Anyone who believes AZ had any intention of spending millions is deluded. Where do you think all that money has gone that we got through going up, parachute payments etc - conversely, no-one know how much/little Adkins has had to spend - but you can be sure that every single game we played under McD we gave it a bloody good go and McD could never be accused of not trying - long ball or not.

The point is, McDermott reportedly spent more than he says he was given. By a lot. So either he's lying (or at best giving misleading info) or all transfer fees are hugely over-reported, in which case your expectations for how much should be spent should also be significantly lower.

And all the money from promotion went on wages.

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 08 Nov 2014 23:47

I never thought it was right to sack BM. Nor would I favour sacking Adkins now.

But one thing is clear to me: right now if Reading concede a goal, they look beaten, while in McD's last Championship season, as soon as Reading scored a goal you could be confident they would win.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Nov 2014 23:54

Elm Park Old Boy I never thought it was right to sack BM. Nor would I favour sacking Adkins now.

But one thing is clear to me: right now if Reading concede a goal, they look beaten, while in McD's last Championship season, as soon as Reading scored a goal you could be confident they would win.

You are aware we've only failed to win one game in which we've scored first this season under Adkins right?

That record was reasonably good last season as I recall as well.

The conceding thing is a bitch, but that's why it's encouraging that we didn't fall apart today after conceding the first and were still in it all the way, even if we couldn't get it in in the end this time.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 09 Nov 2014 00:09

Ian Royal
Royality creeps In If you think that was poor? How are you finding the turgid shite turned out by Adkins in the league below?

Much superior on the whole ta.

If only you had some credibility left to lose :lol:

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 09 Nov 2014 00:16

Ian Royal
Elm Park Old Boy I never thought it was right to sack BM. Nor would I favour sacking Adkins now.

You are aware we've only failed to win one game in which we've scored first this season under Adkins right?

And it happens how often?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Nov 2014 00:50

Hopefully Ian has gone to bed and will have sobered up by the morning.
Last edited by sandman on 09 Nov 2014 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 09 Nov 2014 01:03

Royal Lady Where do you think all that money has gone that we got through going up, parachute payments etc -

:| jésus H christ woman

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Nov 2014 01:05

Ian Royal

The conceding thing is a bitch, but that's why it's encouraging that we didn't fall apart today after conceding the first and were still in it all the way, even if we couldn't get it in in the end this time.

WE WERE AT HOME TO F UCKING CHARLTON

IS THIS REALLY ACCEPTABLE??

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 09 Nov 2014 02:10

Ian Royal The conceding thing is a bitch, but that's why it's encouraging that we didn't fall apart today after conceding the first and were still in it all the way, even if we couldn't get it in in the end this time.

We had 20 shots against the team who have had the least amount of shots in the whole league this season.
And you're encouraged that we only lost 1-0?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Nov 2014 07:53

leon
Ian Royal

WE WERE AT HOME TO F UCKING CHARLTON

IS THIS REALLY ACCEPTABLE??

Loving your sense of entitlement leon :lol:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 09 Nov 2014 07:58

semtex1871
Mid Sussex Royal We've only got Mcdermott's spin on the amount of money available during the 2012/13 season from the other week.....

exactly.....McDermott was telling the dinlows what they wanted to hear and they fell for it

:lol: :lol:

If you think Brian would blatantly lie over this then you're a bigger pr@t than I thought - and that's saying something.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 09 Nov 2014 09:41

Man Friday
semtex1871
Mid Sussex Royal We've only got Mcdermott's spin on the amount of money available during the 2012/13 season from the other week.....

exactly.....McDermott was telling the dinlows what they wanted to hear and they fell for it

If you think Brian would blatantly lie over this then you're a bigger pr@t than I thought - and that's saying something.

Yep and same goes to Ian Royal - McD also stated that ASIDE FROM WAGES he had no idea where all the money had gone - I expect we'll find out for definite one day but I think most realistic people already know. Fed up with same old know-it-alls poo pooing anything that they don't agree with - even though it may well be correct.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Nov 2014 09:55

Man Friday
semtex1871

They're desperate. Adkins is failing, he's not doing anywhere near as well as they had hoped or living up to the style of manager they built him up to be so they're lashing out. Sad but understandable that they don't want to be wrong.

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 09 Nov 2014 10:07

Man Friday
semtex1871

Why would he not? Do you think he was gonna sit in front of you mongs and admit that the funds were there but he was tactically inept do you?

He told you what you all wanted to hear and you fell for it.

He was sacked because he and his style of football was shite....

It would seem you're the prat for believing the lies......and that goes for RL as well!!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 09 Nov 2014 10:22

If he was lying about Zingarevich's lack of investment Semtex then Adkins has been lying as well and Zingarevich has every right to sue both. I suspect he will not.
Last edited by sandman on 09 Nov 2014 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

3714 posts