Wigan (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by a real 6 pointer

379 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Wigan (H) Match Thread - Sponsored by a real 6 pointer

by Royal Lady » 23 Feb 2013 18:11

So, the only strikers we have available for the next 3 weeks are ALF and Hunt? Cool. :roll:

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 23 Feb 2013 18:13

edited
Last edited by ManchesterRoyals on 23 Feb 2013 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:14

Royal Lady So, the only strikers we have available for the next 3 weeks are ALF and Hunt? Cool. :roll:

You forget that fantastic signing made during the transfer window - you know, that bloke who made such a big impression for Sheffield Utd!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 18:15

ManchesterRoyals
RoyalBlue i dont even think he is in our 25 man squad mate.

Thats been the same for most of the signings :evil:

Wasn't me who said that! He is in the squad but it's a waste of a space. That still means your remark is correct!

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 23 Feb 2013 18:18

RoyalBlue added an anonymous striker who didn't even get on the bench today!

Same goes for most of our signings this season

Thats what i wanted to say :roll:

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 23 Feb 2013 18:19

PremAddict
USA_Loyal_Royal i have a bad feeling that if we go down we will lose a lot of key players from top clubs. (feds, alfie, pearcey, morrison, kebe, pog, etc).

Why? The biggest message that was delivered from TSI and Brian was that, with the new owner, we wouldn't have to sell.

Unless they have a release clause for relegation or we're offered silly money, I wouldn't expect to lose many. If we do sell and it's not for one of these two reasons, then there will be a MAJOR problem.

well honestly,i believe that most of the players will attract silly money. alfie with his record will attract ridiculous money especially since we got him for 500k theyll view it as a good return on investment. feds probably wont attract ridiculous money, guthrie and pog will surely have relegation clauses, pearcey is out of contract so it wont matter, morrison is young and is proving himself to be a solid cb, not sure if kebe could fetch alot but who knows.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 23 Feb 2013 22:42

Typical Reading performance in a crunch game in our short Premiership history ,this reminded me of when Fulham beat us 2-0 at home in 07/08 , a pathetic gutless spineless shameful performance by the entire Reading team including the manager that was an insult to all the fans who were there . They don't give a toss for any so called professional footballer with so much at stake to peform like that, I'd like to know how they sleep tonight , deeply probably because they don't give a flying toss .

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 23 Feb 2013 22:50

Gunny Fishcake Typical Reading performance in a crunch game in our short Premiership history ,this reminded me of when Fulham beat us 2-0 at home in 07/08 , a pathetic gutless spineless shameful performance by the entire Reading team including the manager that was an insult to all the fans who were there . They don't give a toss for any so called professional footballer with so much at stake to peform like that, I'd like to know how they sleep tonight , deeply probably because they don't give a flying toss .

They'll probably have to get home from partying first!

And for the eternal optimists on here who are unperturbed by the way we threw away 3 valuable points today - next three away games are Everton, Arsenal and ManU! :cry:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Feb 2013 00:34

Royal Lady So, the only strikers we have available for the next 3 weeks are ALF and Hunt? Cool. :roll:

HRK and McCleary can both happily play as striker, and i wouldn't mind seeing McCleary given a go.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 24 Feb 2013 01:02

Royal Ginger

HRK and McCleary can both happily play as striker, and i wouldn't mind seeing McCleary given a go.

you havent got a clue them 2 up front there is not a prem quality goal forward at reading , there is not a mid center parnership at reading , there is not a prem quality defence at reading, and if you disagree tell me why we are 2nd from bottom, Reading shit club, shit fans 2200 at start 80 min 8,00 and a shit manager, Pearce dropped, because he wont sign a shit offer, Guthrie another bust up with Brian, and Brian says we have come a long way, thank god i sat with the Wigan fans even i would have left early if if i would have been in my seat, no pace, no class, no football, and the most worrying thing is Mcd does not seem to motivate off the dug out he looks like a orphend muppet who is way out of his depth, any way had food , had shower , now going clubing, sorry for you sad souls that have to stay in, oh by the way Bredan looked very happy , i dont expect he is to worried.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 24 Feb 2013 01:06

joeroyal
Royal Ginger

you havent got a clue them 2 up front there is not a prem quality goal forward at reading , there is not a mid center parnership at reading , there is not a prem quality defence at reading, and if you disagree tell me why we are 2nd from bottom, Reading shit club, shit fans 2200 at start 80 min 8,00 and a shit manager, Pearce dropped, because he wont sign a shit offer, Guthrie another bust up with Brian, and Brian says we have come a long way, thank god i sat with the Wigan fans even i would have left early if if i would have been in my seat, no pace, no class, no football, and the most worrying thing is Mcd does not seem to motivate off the dug out he looks like a orphend muppet who is way out of his depth, any way had food , had shower , now going clubing, sorry for you sad souls that have to stay in, oh by the way Bredan looked very happy , i dont expect he is to worried.

It's ok sweetheart *pats head*, you feel a bit better now?

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 24 Feb 2013 01:22

Hi ginge, yes very cool hon dont you wish you was in a taxi with us then in that bedroom of yours ?

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 24 Feb 2013 02:10

cmonurz I'd argue that at least 8 of the Wigan players are, on paper, better options than their Reading counterparts; and it might be more if a) I had heard of Beausejour, and b) rated Emerson Boyce.

:shock:

I have a lot of time for EmMerson (geddit right) Boyce's footballing abilities.

Feds was excellent today - may have cost us goals/points earlier in the season, but currently in cracking form.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 24 Feb 2013 02:18

Doomed going Down Mcd took us up Mcd will take us down

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 24 Feb 2013 03:00

Gunny Fishcake Typical Reading performance in a crunch game in our short Premiership history ,this reminded me of when Fulham beat us 2-0 at home in 07/08 , a pathetic gutless spineless shameful performance by the entire Reading team including the manager that was an insult to all the fans who were there . They don't give a toss for any so called professional footballer with so much at stake to peform like that, I'd like to know how they sleep tonight , deeply probably because they don't give a flying toss .

Easy to get a bit emotional and angry after that pathetic display. I would say it is an ability issue as opposed to an atitude issue from the management and playing staff. They are out of their depth and with all the commitment in the world they will still struggle as they are simply not good enough, not their fault, although the board should be disgusted with themelves by not giving us a fighting chance this season.
Last edited by Big Ern on 24 Feb 2013 03:20, edited 1 time in total.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 24 Feb 2013 03:05

Big Ern
Libertine I for the life of me can't figure out why Pearce wasn't playing. In a very real sense he is our emotional leader on the pitch and our best defender...our form improved when Brian brought him back in to the starting 11. Morrison will be a fine player but he was responsible for 2 of the goals today.

We had no spark today. We had exactly zero shots on target. You aren't going to win many games with that stat. We were just incredibly flat in what could be characterized as a must win game. Not a single shot on target is just very poor...can't candy coat it.

Unless he was injured it just shows what a liability BM is at this level.

If we finish second from bottom, we would have done well now.

Even before the sending off it was painful how much Wigan, with 1 win in 10 games, we're superior to us.

I've been slated for persisting with my views on Brian and the Board, however there is no hiding now, and despite a few good results of late, for 20 of the games we've played this year we have been terrible and clueless. Even the games we won, we were outplayed in most of them.

He wasn't injured, at least according to Brian, in fact he was on the bench. Wigan were a comprehensively better team than us on Saturday. And seeing up until the game they were below us in the table that is more than worrying.

I am a big defender of Brian. At least with his formations, tactics and fostering team unity, lately he has seemed to get it spot on, with the exception of the game yesterday. But in terms of player selection he has me scratching my head at times. According to reports he sat Alex because of his play during the Stoke game. Even if he did make a couple mistakes in that one game does that nullify all of his great play during the good run of form we had? Even the greatest had their off days. Does he really think that Morrison at this point in his career is a better option to help us survive than Pearce? I don't get it...

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 24 Feb 2013 12:02

joeroyal
Royal Ginger

With that level of English you haven't got the right to accuse anyone else of not having a clue!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Feb 2013 12:31

Royal Ginger

When he signed, I seem to remember them saying he
can play in the hole behind the front man... so he'd
work in 4-4-1-1

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 24 Feb 2013 12:51

joeroyal [ any way had food , had shower , now going clubing, sorry for you sad souls that have to stay in

Sorry for you twatface, enjoy going back to your little bedroom in your parents house after the clubbing and knocking one out.
Me ? Well I am happy to just go back to my mortgage free home for a nice meal and a few beers , thanks

379 posts