Rodgers is still the right man

437 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rodgers is still the right man

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Jul 2010 09:54

Dirk Gently
PremAddict So are there any pics someone can post on his big book? Just that I never saw it and was curious. does it look something like the gutenberg bible, gilded edges and all? Just curious as it has been referenced time and again.

It's a standard A4 document, put together on ink-jet, bound with acetate front cover and a comb binder.

I hear that this has surpassed the Koran as the most read book in Uzbekistan.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Jul 2010 10:22

Terminal Boardom
Dirk Gently
PremAddict So are there any pics someone can post on his big book? Just that I never saw it and was curious. does it look something like the gutenberg bible, gilded edges and all? Just curious as it has been referenced time and again.

It's a standard A4 document, put together on ink-jet, bound with acetate front cover and a comb binder.

I hear that this has surpassed the Koran as the most read book in Uzbekistan.

That is because in it includes full detail breakdown of his 'world class model'

Fezza

by Fezza » 17 Jul 2010 12:24

New Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers, who was mentored by Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, says he can always turn to the 'special one' for advice.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Chortle!

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Jul 2010 12:26

Fezza
New Swansea City manager Brendan Rodgers, who was mentored by Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, says he can always turn to the 'special one' for advice.

Here we f*cking go. Give it a rest Rodgers, you c*nt.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 17 Jul 2010 13:06

Ideal The poor Swansea fans won't know what hit them, they'll be next season's Pboro.
Bottom three by Christmas.

I'm not so sure. He'll have a group of footballers who are used to playing a passing game there. I can see them doing quite well this season, hopefully not at our expense.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 17 Jul 2010 13:32

He did play some superb football at times. But Swansea already scored the fewest goals in the Championship last year, so I think this won't work out.

I'm just so glad we don't have to listen to all the propaganda about himself, from himself, anymore.

sawyers left arm

by sawyers left arm » 17 Jul 2010 14:14

Will this guy live off Mourinho forever, he needs to prove something himself.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Jul 2010 14:38

79Royal He'll have a group of footballers who are used to playing a passing game there. I can see them doing quite well this season, hopefully not at our expense.

I think that Rodgers has somehow landed an excellent job at Swansea. They are probably the best side I have seen over the last two seasons since we have been back in the Championship. Add a 20 goal striker to their side and they should be top six certainties, they absolutely stacked it last season when well-placed.

For me, that six months when Rodgers was in charge was one of the least enjoyable times following RFC. I can't recall a single game that I particularly enjoyed, the football was ineffective and dull to watch. Nothwithstanding that absymal six months in charge at Reading, there must be question marks over his ability given the absolute lack of youth players making an impact on the Chelsea first team squad in recent years. After all, we saw the standard in Shaun Cummings, utterly woeful footballer. Bertrand was a little better but even he is along way away from being top class.

You come across people who bullsh*t their way through life, and it seems to me that Rodgers might be one of those people. Fair play to him for bluffing his way into a very cushy looking job at Swansea; extraordinary really given his lack of track record.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 17 Jul 2010 15:05

floyd__streete
79Royal He'll have a group of footballers who are used to playing a passing game there. I can see them doing quite well this season, hopefully not at our expense.

I think that Rodgers has somehow landed an excellent job at Swansea. They are probably the best side I have seen over the last two seasons since we have been back in the Championship. Add a 20 goal striker to their side and they should be top six certainties, they absolutely stacked it last season when well-placed.

For me, that six months when Rodgers was in charge was one of the least enjoyable times following RFC. I can't recall a single game that I particularly enjoyed, the football was ineffective and dull to watch. Nothwithstanding that absymal six months in charge at Reading, there must be question marks over his ability given the absolute lack of youth players making an impact on the Chelsea first team squad in recent years. After all, we saw the standard in Shaun Cummings, utterly woeful footballer. Bertrand was a little better but even he is along way away from being top class.

You come across people who bullsh*t their way through life, and it seems to me that Rodgers might be one of those people. Fair play to him for bluffing his way into a very cushy looking job at Swansea; extraordinary really given his lack of track record.

He was 4th choice though...so a smack of desperation from the Swansea chairman...although even he has come out with a bit of bullshit Rodgers would be proud of saying in effect "it was worth the wait to get the right man" - well he would say that given he was snubbed by his preferred 3 choices !

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Jul 2010 15:52

who were the other choices?

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 17 Jul 2010 16:21

Swansea City open talks with Jose Mourinho's pal Brendan Rogers over vacant manager's position
Mourinho once head-hunted the former Watford and Reading boss
By Andrew Lloyd Williams
15 Jul 2010 13:13:00
Teams
Swansea City
Championship side Swansea City are in talks with free agent Brendan Rodgers over the vacant manager’s position at the Liberty Stadium.

Talks with Gary Speed, Paul Tisdale and Billy Reid have all failed and Rodgers, head-hunted by Jose Mourinho during his Chelsea days, is the latest man to be linked with the Welsh side.

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins would not go further than confirming that the pair met for talks on Wednesday.

Former Watford and Reading boss Rogers wasn't giving much away when asked about the speculation by The Western Mail. He said: “It’s obviously a fantastic job, but at this stage, for me, there’s nothing to say.”

Jenkins told The South Wales Evening Post: "When you are looking for people who are comfortable playing football our way, Brendan Rodgers is someone who comes to mind.

"He is somebody we have talked about from day one because of his footballing beliefs.

“There would be no point in us going for a manager who does not share our beliefs because when pressure builds or results go wrong, even if certain games aren't going well, managers will quickly revert to what they believe

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Jul 2010 16:53

floyd__streete I think that Rodgers has somehow landed an excellent job at Swansea. They are probably the best side I have seen over the last two seasons since we have been back in the Championship. Add a 20 goal striker to their side and they should be top six certainties, they absolutely stacked it last season when well-placed.

Here we f*cking go. Give it a rest Floyd, you c*nt.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Jul 2010 17:00

You can't deny Rodgers was shite RR. I'm with Floyd for once but I wish the bullshitter well.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Jul 2010 18:07

Royal Rother
floyd__streete I think that Rodgers has somehow landed an excellent job at Swansea. They are probably the best side I have seen over the last two seasons since we have been back in the Championship. Add a 20 goal striker to their side and they should be top six certainties, they absolutely stacked it last season when well-placed.

Here we f*cking go. Give it a rest Floyd, you c*nt.

To be fair RR, FS has a seriously valid point. BR so far has proven to be nothing more than a blag merchant. The sort of person you would find flogging replacement windows and conservatories outside a well known DIY store.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Jul 2010 18:22

I don't think Rodgers is necessarily that shit a manager. Ok, we weren't great those first 6 months, but I don't think it was the complete disaster some are making out. The issue for me was that in defeat he was always an obnoxious, stubborn, pcunt bag. And in victory he was a pompous, arrogant, pcunt bag. Very glad we got rid of him, and now in BMc we have a top manager who also happens to be one of the nicest guys in football. It's the Reading way.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Jul 2010 18:28

From the BBC:

Rodgers aims to win over Swansea doubters

Brendan Rodgers has received ringing endorsements from Jose Mourinho but not all Swansea City fans agree so wholeheartedly with the "Special One".
As new Swans boss, Northern Irishman Rodgers is starting his third job in less than two years and it is his record at the first two that has sounded alarm bells with some.
The 37-year-old was working under Mourinho at Chelsea when he was handed his first managerial post at Watford in November 2008.
But Rodgers' stint there lasted just seven months when Reading came calling - the first club he played for in England and where he spent many years cutting his teeth as a coach.
That stay was over in six months though, when he was sacked in December last year with Reading languishing in the Championship relegation zone.
It seems fair for some to worry, but Rodgers sent out a clear message to those doubters after he was unveiled at the Liberty Stadium on Friday.
"From today I have become the biggest supporter of Swansea City," Rodgers told BBC Sport Wales.
"I was given a manager's job at 35 years of age, at a club I wanted to be at for longer than I was.
"But there was some restrictions and some things that happened inside Watford that became difficult for me, but it was a club I loved.
"I had a great relationship with the supporters when we started to take off and that was my only sadness of having to leave there.
"My heart took me to Reading, a club I worked at for many years, a club I first came to England to play for.

"I lived there for 21 years, my family was there so there was a massive pull for me to go there.
"My instincts took me away from Watford but I can guarantee that for as long as they want me here for the next two, three or four years, I want to be here."
Rodgers confirmed he was moving his family to south Wales to start afresh but rejected suggestions he has a point to prove because of what happened at Watford and Reading.
"I have a point to prove every day of my life and at all of the clubs I've been at," he added.
"I'm still the same person I was six months ago. The quality of my work is still the same. I just went to a club that was in my heart but at the wrong time.
"Reading were going through a massive transition but because of the way I work, once you stick with it, it comes to fruition and unfortunately I never got my chance to do that at Reading.

"But I stand here today a better person for that experience and hope over the next number of years Swansea can get the benefit of that."
Rodgers' playing career was cut short at the age of 20 through injury, after joining Reading from Northern Irish side Ballymena United.
He went on to take up a coaching role in the Royals' academy before joining Chelsea in 2004, where Mourinho first appointed him youth coach and then reserve team boss.
"I like everything in him," current Real Madrid boss Mourinho said at the time. "He is ambitious and does not see football very differently from myself.
"He is open, likes to learn and likes to communicate. I hope he can progress in his career. He is a good lad."
Rodgers shares the same fondness for his former manager: "Jose's obviously a big manager and thankfully for me we became good friends over that period.

"He's a big influence for me and showed great faith in me by giving me big positions, and obviously that's helped me when I've moved out on my own and given me that confidence."
It was in 2008 that Rodgers took charge at Watford before leaving in June 2009 for Reading, where he succeeded Steve Coppell.
Rodgers has had the chance to take up other jobs since losing the Reading post six months ago, including a coaching role at big-spending Manchester City.
But it was the lure of being a manager again that made him choose Swansea.
"When I left Reading my mother passed away so I wasn't wanting any job," he said.
"I needed to support my family in that time, but towards the end of the season I spoke at length with Manchester City and there was a possibility of going there.
"But obviously my ultimate ambition was to be number one and I really enjoyed my stint as a manager and I feel I can contribute to a good club.
"I just felt this was a great fit for myself and as a young up-and-coming developing manager looking to learn, Swansea is a club whose growth has really taken off in the last three or four seasons and I want to be part of that.
"The brand of football they play was a massive factor because it's what I believe in and I don't have to change a great deal.
"It's hopefully a case of coming, developing that and improving that.
"I want to be a winning Swansea manager and I think that will decide and determine how long I will be here.
"I can't make predictions about play-offs. All I know is we will work hard every day and work well and if I can build on what we've got here the consequence of that will be positive results."
Rodgers will hope those doubters rest a little easier now and join the majority in backing their new manager.

To be honest I'm not convinced he's learned from his time with us.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 17 Jul 2010 18:39

Brendan Rodgers "From today I have become the biggest supporter of Swansea City

Where the f*ck have we heard similar bullsh*t before?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Jul 2010 19:14

handbags_harris
Brendan Rodgers "From today I have become the biggest supporter of Swansea City

Where the f*ck have we heard similar bullsh*t before?

And what do you expect him to say?

For the n thousandth time, LOL @ anyone who takes seriously or takes exception to what people in football say to journalists.....

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 17 Jul 2010 19:27

I think Swansea and Rodgers will be well suited to each other: they both like playing it around in midfield with no punch up front. Swansea haven't learned their lesson: this approach will not get you promoted.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 17 Jul 2010 19:53

MASSIVE LOL @ Swansea appointing this CLOWN based on mumbo-jumbo in his interview

437 posts