Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Royal Rother » 29 May 2012 19:04

Anyone know the link to Jon Keen's blog?

DIY. Ok found it, no comment yet.
Last edited by Royal Rother on 29 May 2012 19:08, edited 1 time in total.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 May 2012 19:06

RoyalJames101 We don't have a 'budget' as such. McDermott will be able to sign who he wants (within reason) without the money being an issue.

He signs who he wants
He signs who he waaaants
He's Brian McDermott
He signs who he wants

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 29 May 2012 19:07

Does this mean we can finally sign Robbie Fowler :?:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 May 2012 19:42

Serious question-will this mean a stadium name change?
Mr Mad always said that he didn't really want to have the stadium named after him so do we think that he will modestly suggest that now is an appropriate time for change as with The Emirates,Etihad,galpharm,KC etc?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 May 2012 19:44

Tokyo Sex Whale WCBAP.

WWBAPAM

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 29 May 2012 19:57

Simon's Church
Friday's Legacy I can't make public the exact amount, but as some of you saw on Twitter last night, BZ disclosed to the PL funds in excess of what we all assumed he had. He is most certainly a billionaire, and more than once over. That isn't to say he will use his money in an overzealous manner on us though. AZ still protests the club will be ran in a sensible manner, investing in infrastructure, youth, training facilities etc, but with a more competitive budget than we have previously seen.

:|

Madejski's said a number of times that Boris is a billionaire twice over.

Try finding proof of his wealth anywhere. I don't recall John Madejski ever stating he was a billionaire, but perhaps I missed that. He did though say TSI had "deep pockets" and were "the dream ticket."

Victor Meldrew Serious question-will this mean a stadium name change?
Mr Mad always said that he didn't really want to have the stadium named after him so do we think that he will modestly suggest that now is an appropriate time for change as with The Emirates,Etihad,galpharm,KC etc?

Ultimately yes. CS has already said it is an extra revenue source and will be considered.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2012 20:00

Royal Lady
robinsfriday Great news! Happy days and an interesting summer lies ahead.

With regards to a certain person and their so called sources who claims I was rude to her the other day, well, I'll let others give you a very large LOL. I don't need to say just how full of sh*t you are. Oh, I just did.

Congratulations John Madejski & Anton. Here's to the future.

But I wasn't full of shit. I said there was a problem - I was told it was being able to prove where the money came from. I didn't EVER say the deal was dead and wouldn't go through - I was cautious from the very beginning, I'll grant you that. I don't know who you are, but you need to do better than that if you want to score a point against me, pal.

Given the money has been conclusively proven to exist, do you still believe your sources were correct and there were genuine problems with the deal other than the FL / PL taking their time with the deal as most people were telling you?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2012 20:02

Friday's Legacy
Simon's Church
Friday's Legacy I can't make public the exact amount, but as some of you saw on Twitter last night, BZ disclosed to the PL funds in excess of what we all assumed he had. He is most certainly a billionaire, and more than once over. That isn't to say he will use his money in an overzealous manner on us though. AZ still protests the club will be ran in a sensible manner, investing in infrastructure, youth, training facilities etc, but with a more competitive budget than we have previously seen.

Try finding proof of his wealth anywhere. I don't recall John Madejski ever stating he was a billionaire, but perhaps I missed that. He did though say TSI had "deep pockets" and were "the dream ticket."

Victor Meldrew Serious question-will this mean a stadium name change?

Ultimately yes. CS has already said it is an extra revenue source and will be considered.

I thought they'd already said they wouldn't be changing the stadium name.

Personally I didn't particularly want it to be called the Madejski Stadium. But that's its name and I would be mighty peeved if someone changed it just for a few bucks.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 May 2012 20:09

If it lets us bring in players of extra quality then I couldn't give two hoots what the stadium is called.

It could be Snowball Statistical Arena for all I care.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 29 May 2012 20:12

"Swansea > Liverpool - bah!"
He said that he wasnt leaving Watford for Reading. He will go to Liverpool. Get Gylfi In
Last edited by Mike Hunt on 29 May 2012 20:12, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 May 2012 20:12

winchester_royal If it lets us bring in players of extra quality then I couldn't give two hoots what the stadium is called.

It's about history, pride and heritage more than some extra sponsorship money for me. I want our stadium to be called the same thing for as long as we use it, so the name invokes pride. It just smacks of corporate whoredom a little too much for me too like it.

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 29 May 2012 20:12

I'll still call it the Madejski Stadium anyway. I love how the media still refer to the 'Sports Direst Stadium' as St. James' Park.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 29 May 2012 20:15

Ian Royal
winchester_royal If it lets us bring in players of extra quality then I couldn't give two hoots what the stadium is called.

It's about history, pride and heritage more than some extra sponsorship money for me. I want our stadium to be called the same thing for as long as we use it, so the name invokes pride. It just smacks of corporate whoredom a little too much for me too like it.

To a point I agree, but given we've only had the stadium for 12 years I don't really think we can claim there's any sort of history around the name 'Madejski Stadium'.

It it was Elm Park then obviously it would be slightly different..

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 29 May 2012 20:16

Friday's Legacy
Simon's Church

100% Madejski said on BBCRB that Anton's dad was a billionaire twice over

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 29 May 2012 20:16

CemeteryJ Earlier on in this thread and on other far less reliable rumour sites there was talk of reading becoming the 7th richest club in the world once the takeover had been completed.... sounds like nonce sense, anyone know where we stand in rich club rankings now??

No but we are above Aldershot.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 29 May 2012 20:21

tomrfcurz 100% Madejski said on BBCRB that Anton's dad was a billionaire twice over

Yep I recall this as well

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 May 2012 20:25

Waitrose Home Delivery Stadium anyone?

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 29 May 2012 20:26

winchester_royal
Ian Royal

To a point I agree, but given we've only had the stadium for 12 years I don't really think we can claim there's any sort of history around the name 'Madejski Stadium'.

It it was Elm Park then obviously it would be slightly different..

No history? Apart from the fact we played at the Madejski Stadium when we first got promoted to the top tier of English football, with a record breaking points tally.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 29 May 2012 20:29

Ermm...the 106 record is the history. The memories are the history. The players are the history. The staff are the history.

The name of the stadium..is not.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 29 May 2012 20:30

bracknell loyal royal!

5145 posts