Irrational likes/dislikes

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Irrational likes/dislikes

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 Oct 2010 20:31

I'd suggest my hatred of Tony Rougier, but there's nothing irrational about that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Oct 2010 22:24

I always liked Byron Glasgow.

Dunno why.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Oct 2010 22:34

Surely we can at least all agree that Shane Long has the shittest run and therefore should be roundly despised?

percy freeman fanclub

by percy freeman fanclub » 26 Oct 2010 00:24

dislikes: harte, hamer

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 26 Oct 2010 08:31

Franchise FC
Vision Remember this one from before. My like was Little (obviously) and my dislike was Murty.

Now its....

Like: Andy Griffin. If he can still cut it looking like he does then theres still hope for me making a comeback. Whenever I watch him I feel like I'm watching some old Sci-Fi programme where they've beamed a woodbine smoking,stout drinking bloke from the 40's into modern football. Add this to the fact that his arrival coincided with the true unleashing of Kebe and that while everyone else runs around like headless chickens as is the wont of the modern footballer he just strolls around making it look all so easy. He's also expert at the sly,cynical cheap shot which will always go down well with me. Basically he's a dirty filthy plodding throwback. Whats not to like?

Dislike: Matt Mills. Where to start? Well taking aside the obvious jealousy factor, I'll start at the beginning. Rodgers' marquee signing that Rodgers didn't want to play. How shit must you be to have pretty much a whole transfer budget spent on you and then be left out for Alex Pearce?. Also he came from Doncaster with the selling point of being the leader of that passing side. Problem is he can't pass even 5 yards accurately most of the time. He covers up for this though by attempting 70 yard cross-field punts in the misguided belief that it is somehow more acceptable when he oxf*rd this up. He finds utterly pointless ways of getting booked & then tries to give it the "man of the people" bollox by slumming it with the fans on away games he's not playing in. Oh and keep your middle finger to yourself dickhead.

However all of that is nothing compared to the real reason I hate him which is because he's taken up this spot that should have been given over that rotund ex Swindon fraudster Brian Howard.

Having given us a fufull description as to why you like or dislike the current ones, how does that make it irrational ?

Its still not very rational though, just a largely tongue in cheek rant.

In fairness I was really doing it in the style of Mags' original thread from a couple of years ago rather than the irrational like/dislike thrust of this one.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 26 Oct 2010 08:43

Good thread this!

Historic Irrational Like: Leeeeeeeeeeroy Lita.

Loved him even though he was a pretty dubious character. Loved his big yellow boots and constant diving. Loved the fact that he got into a fight on the horned bridge in Bristol and that the injury was reported as having been sustained by "stretching in bed" :lol: . What really sealed it for me though was the fact that he even tried to run during games with a gangsta bad-boy limp! Quality.

Historic Irrational Dislike: Steve Sidewell.

Great player, horrible ginger chav.

Current Irrational Like: Shane Long

Always like to see him score just to shut the muppets up.

Current Irrational Dislike: Hal Robson-Kanu

Most over-rated "prospect" ever. Can forgive shortcomings in ability if a player tries hard, but HRK is as lazy as they come.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Oct 2010 08:52

I am surprised that the James Harper hate mob have yet to appear.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 26 Oct 2010 09:49

Dislike: Harper

Like: Harper

All in the same half of a game!!!!

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Oct 2010 09:51

Maguire Surely we can at least all agree that Shane Long has the shittest run and therefore should be roundly despised?

Definitely agreed.

I also dislike Shane Long for his goal at Norwich on Sky the other year. Sliding on his knees before saying quite clealry on TV 'Ahh ya loike dat don't ye'

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Oct 2010 10:17

Historically like: Sammy Igoe - what a name!

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 26 Oct 2010 10:59

Royalwaster Historically like: Sammy Igoe - what a name!

And also the best nickname. Not that I'd heard this before, but according to Wikipedia: "The skillfull playmaker is now well known as Sammy The Lizard Igoe"

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Oct 2010 11:09

James Harper made his HuLOLLOL debut at the weekend.

98% pass completion rate in his Reading career. Shame every single one of them involved taking the ball off a centre-back and passing it out to the full-back.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Oct 2010 11:10

Maguire Surely we can at least all agree that Shane Long has the shittest run and therefore should be roundly despised?

How is that irrational?

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 26 Oct 2010 11:26

Dislikes

I absolutely hated Matejovsky, but that all felt rational at the time. He really was shit for us in the season we didn't go up, playing slide rule passes to the goalie, tackling like he wanted a red card (I know I did) and losing the ball at every opportunity. Last season, having him in the team playing almost adequately was a bit like aversion therapy for me (like when arachnophobics play with spiders). Luckily he gave away far more goals than he set up and had an 'injury' for the whole of the MacD era. Overall, he produced the worst performances of any Reading player I have ever seen.

Of current players, I don't think I have ever seen Noel Hunt play well and Armstrong hoofed it far too much when he was player of the season.

There is generally a scapegoat on here, who turns out to be a good player, and I will always defend them: Cummings, Long and Pearce at the moment.

c_harrison

by c_harrison » 26 Oct 2010 12:18

My irrational like in recent years is De la Cruz. Always thought he took an unfair amount of stick.

Remember being in the North Stand when he scored 'that' goal against Sheff U having carried the ball for most of the pitch. Went oxf*rd mental when it went in.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 26 Oct 2010 12:31

likes: Jimmy kebe, on his day simply unplayable. i also liked Bobby convey in his day he was a great player.

dislikes: Matt Mills attitude, sometimes he is far too cocky and needs to shut his mouth. not a great captain. Marcus Williams= shit.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 26 Oct 2010 12:43

Croydon Royal
Royalwaster Historically like: Sammy Igoe - what a name!

And also the best nickname. Not that I'd heard this before, but according to Wikipedia: "The skillfull playmaker is now well known as Sammy The Lizard Igoe"

Missed opportunity - his nickname should be "it's off to work".

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 26 Oct 2010 13:29

really surprised matt mills has got grief (albeit the 'finger' episode) i think hes a rough diamond of a good captain, he just need to curtail his passion and channel it better rather than jumping in head first!

im not sure its an irrational dislike but andy hughes... shocker..

ditto with my like.. nicky forster was a legend who could do no wrong!

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 26 Oct 2010 13:40

Maguire James Harper made his HuLOLLOL debut at the weekend.

98% pass completion rate in his Reading career. Shame every single one of them involved taking the ball off a centre-back and passing it out to the full-back.

I guess that makes 'the crab' my RFC irrational like.

Just liked his energy on the pitch, and his quality back-headed own-goal at Luton.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Oct 2010 13:44

Can we do HNA likes and dislikes?

Irrational likes: Royalee. I rarely agree with what he says but I like his demonstrative style.

Irrational dislikes: Used to get enraged by Ian Royal but then I met him and find out he was a thoroughly bloody nice bloke.