Back from the Everton (H) game

315 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Back from the game

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:11

UpNorth Gunter had a good game?????

He was dire in the first half. Can't mark or defend and never seems to cut out crosses.

Mariappa has played at right back in the Prem. Has to be worth a try.

:| :| :| :|

Baines and Pienaar is the most potent left sided combination in the league and had very little joy down our right all game.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Nov 2012 19:13

winchester_royal

He was dire in the first half. Can't mark or defend and never seems to cut out crosses.

Baines and Pienaar is the most potent left sided combination in the league and had very little joy down our right all game.

Exactly

DavidM62

by DavidM62 » 17 Nov 2012 19:20

First win at home in the Premiership since 22nd March 2008 (Birmingham 2-1).

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 17 Nov 2012 19:23

winchester_royal

How is that an argument? That's only relevant if he's getting fleeced left right and centre.

Gunter shat himself everytime Feds or Morrisson passed to him, and his positioning was woeful especially when attacked through the middle or down our left.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Nov 2012 19:24

DavidM62 First win at home in the Premiership since 22nd March 2008 (Birmingham 2-1).

Not much of a stat given the following 4 seasons were in a different league but knock yourself out mate.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:25

CayeneMatt
winchester_royal

How is that an argument? That's only relevant if he's getting fleeced left right and centre.

Gunter shat himself everytime Feds or Morrisson passed to him, and his positioning was woeful especially when attacked through the middle or down our left.

Our right back's positioning was woeful when we were attacked down our left???? :lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 Nov 2012 19:26

CayeneMatt
winchester_royal

But he didn't though did he, I.e. shat himself. Ridiculous comment.

Not a Gunter fan and Cummings did little wrong but Gunter did just fine today.

Mr.T10

by Mr.T10 » 17 Nov 2012 19:26

Shit first half and amazing 2nd half. Just need Gorkss dropped and I will feel a lot happier; a massive liability and maybe Cummings in.

We were calm on the ball in the 2nd half and when we took the lead we did not panic part from Legs at the end; nearly caused me a stroke when he just passed it to Everton. Still need strength in the CM's position, I know we got injuries in Karacan and Guthrie.

Notable good performances: Shorey, coming back to his form prior his England call up. Calm on the ball and, well just miles and miles better than Harte. Morrison, a fan favourite already just simply for his desire to win and literally that is my ball attitude. Le Fondre, Roberts and Tabb run their socks off and put in their shift not much more you could have asked from them.

Onwards and upwards! If we don't lose in our next two games and maybe nick a win than the dream will look possible.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:28

CayeneMatt
winchester_royal

It's an argument because he's a defender and his job is to defend our right hand side. Which he did.

He didn't shit himself, he got forward confidently, and produced a cross that led directly to the penalty. His positioning was very good.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 17 Nov 2012 19:28

John Madejski's Wallet Not a fan of HRK as he is incapable of going past his man and his balls in are generally sh#te..... But hats off to him today. He still couldn't beat him man, but he kept the ball at his feet all game and some neat play with team mates allowed us to build. Exactly what was needed.

Cummings & Mariappa have got to come in for Gorkss and Gunter (gash)

He beat his man on more than one occasion today.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 Nov 2012 19:29

comeonyouroyals
Snowball I had two bets today, both a fiver at 100-1

ALF to score the first goal, Reading to get exactly two goals
ALF to score the last goal, Reading to get exactly two goals

Oh, that was for 2-0, BTW

Where we these odds because I would love a bookie like yours!

Yes they were the odds

For ALF First or Last scorer and 2-NIL

So I lost

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Nov 2012 19:29

Avon - you got it right didn't you? 2-1? Impressed!!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Nov 2012 19:34

Morrison and Tabb eh?

Now revered as stars of the team, weeks ago labelled as utterly incapable of making any kind of contribution in the PL.

Love it.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Nov 2012 19:35

Well that really was a classic game of two halves.
In the first half it looked like most of the players had settled for relegation several months early. Most did not seem to want to be there with the notable exceptions of Roberts, HRK, Morrison and Tabb. Number 13 were VERY quiet.

But come the second half they really gave it a go and I am so pleased. This could just be the turning point of the season. Almost everyone did well second half - although I have to say Gorkks was not at his best again.

I actually thought it was a much improved performance from Gunter today and I can see why Brian is choosing him over Cummings because although Cummings is undoubtedly the better defender Gunter does offer much more over the half way line in attack.

Roberts held the ball up magnificently. ALF took his chances well. Tabb was fantastic again all game. Shorey did well again. Legs was much better today and as for Morrison he was simply magnificent and was MOTM for me.

And number 13 woke up after the break and really cheered the boys over the line.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 17 Nov 2012 19:37

Dreadful first half. We looked so out of touch with a slick passing Everton team, giving Pieenar far to much room to pull the strings.
Lucky not to go in to the break at least two down.

Second half was impressive! We passed the ball well, hassled their midfield, retained possession and broke very quickly. Very good performances from Tabb, HRK and ALF but man of the match had to go to Morrison.

Sat in the North Stand today and the superb atmosphere spread all round the ground. My awkward moment of the day came whilst Y25/26 were singing the Morrison song and I had to explain to the very elderly lady next to me what it meant. :?

Royalcop

by Royalcop » 17 Nov 2012 19:41

First game of the season for me (must be a lucky charm).

My tuppence worth:

Feds - looked very solid and good kicking from hands.

Gunter - dreadful first half, lightweight and panicky but improved

Gorkks - a lot of last ditch defending, rode his luck

Morrison - a revelation, looks an amazing prospect

Shorey - felt weirdly emotional seeing him back in an RFC shirt - an echo of good times past. Set piece delivery was world class.

Tabb and Legs - battled well against the awesome Fellaini but neither look Premier league quality

MacAnuff - mercurial as always, frustrating at times but improved in 2nd half

HRK - did really well getting to the line and putting in some dangerous crosses

JR - a handful in wide areas but never looked like scoring

ALF - Great poachers performance, should have done better with open goal in first half but redeemed himself, penalty was very cool (was convinced it was heading straight to row z)

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 17 Nov 2012 19:42

Royal Rother Morrison and Tabb eh?

Now revered as stars of the team, weeks ago labelled as utterly incapable of making any kind of contribution in the PL.

Love it.

Are you making stuff up again?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Nov 2012 19:44

leicsRoyal Dreadful first half. We looked so out of touch with a slick passing Everton team, giving Pieenar far to much room to pull the strings.

Second half was impressive! We passed the ball well, hassled their midfield, retained possession and broke very quickly. Very good performances from Tabb, HRK and ALF but man of the match had to go to Morrison.

Sat in the North Stand today and the superb atmosphere spread all round the ground. My awkward moment of the day came whilst Y25/26 were singing the Morrison song and I had to explain to the very elderly lady next to me what it meant. :?

My moment was singing 'it's gone wide like your mothers legs'. Quite catchy, might catch on.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 17 Nov 2012 19:46

royalexile
leicsRoyal Dreadful first half. We looked so out of touch with a slick passing Everton team, giving Pieenar far to much room to pull the strings.

My moment was singing 'it's gone wide like your mothers legs'. Quite catchy, might catch on.

Could do with a second verse. :wink:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 17 Nov 2012 19:47

MmmMonsterMunch Avon - you got it right didn't you? 2-1? Impressed!!

I have my moments. :wink:

Just had a funny feeling that Brian was going to change it up a bit today, and it worked (second half anyway). When we go at teams, instead of sitting back, we look like a half decent team.

315 posts