RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Fran Kirby

by RoyalBlue » 29 Mar 2015 18:57

sandman
RoyalBlue
Nameless To be honest that definition is a bit of a nonsense.
It defines 'integral' as meaning a part of something. So the ladies aren't an integral part, they are a part.
Currently there are fairly minor part, maybe one day they will become bigger and actually be integral but currently using a very weak definition of integral is the only way to make it so....

In what way is using a dictionary definition (to support the way that I intended the word to be used/interpreted) 'using a very weak definition of integral'? ! :?

Anyway to return to the original topic of the post: Just 30 minutes into the team's second game (away at Barnet/London Bees) Fran has already scored another 4 goals. That makes 8 goals for her in just two hours play at the start of the new season!!

Well done to her but come on RB that's not the way you originally meant it and now you're pretending it is because people have challenged you.

It is exactly how I meant it! Not sure what voodoo powers you have that allow you to read my mind and say different. I certainly wouldn't have been stupid enough to try to project that the whole of Reading Football Club would fall apart, or even be seriously damaged, if the women's team left/folded. In the same post I even indicated the context in which I used the term . But as RR says, it's just a word!!

But if a debate about the meaning of a word keeps this thread live and thus promotes Fran and the women's team........... :wink:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 31 Mar 2015 12:34

Could we start referring to her as 'Frank' and get her in the 1st team? The girls team can have Nicola Blackman by way of exchange.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Mar 2015 13:00

floyd__streete Could we start referring to her as 'Frank' and get her in the 1st team? The girls team can have Nicola Blackman by way of exchange.

Hope Akpan already has a woman's name.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 31 Mar 2015 13:07

floyd__streete Could we start referring to her as 'Frank' and get her in the 1st team? The girls team can have Nicola Blackman by way of exchange.

Frank Kirkby

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Mar 2015 14:01

Whatevs

Frank Kirkby

Alright job done, get 'him' in the first team.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Mar 2015 14:28

Whatevs

Frank Kirkby

:D

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 31 Mar 2015 16:23

Whatevs

Frank Kirkby

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 31 Mar 2015 19:50

sandman
RoyalBlue
Nameless To be honest that definition is a bit of a nonsense.
It defines 'integral' as meaning a part of something. So the ladies aren't an integral part, they are a part.
Currently there are fairly minor part, maybe one day they will become bigger and actually be integral but currently using a very weak definition of integral is the only way to make it so....

In what way is using a dictionary definition (to support the way that I intended the word to be used/interpreted) 'using a very weak definition of integral'? ! :?

Anyway to return to the original topic of the post: Just 30 minutes into the team's second game (away at Barnet/London Bees) Fran has already scored another 4 goals. That makes 8 goals for her in just two hours play at the start of the new season!!

Well done to her but come on RB that's not the way you originally meant it and now you're pretending it is because people have challenged you.

RoyalBlue It is exactly how I meant it! Not sure what voodoo powers you have that allow you to read my mind and say different. I certainly wouldn't have been stupid enough to try to project that the whole of Reading Football Club would fall apart, or even be seriously damaged, if the women's team left/folded. In the same post I even indicated the context in which I used the term . But as RR says, it's just a word!!

But if a debate about the meaning of a word keeps this thread live and thus promotes Fran and the women's team........... :wink:

It's the voodoo power of knowing the way you post and your penchant for over exaggeration.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 31 Mar 2015 21:56

Whatevs

Frank Kirkby

Frank Kirby
Frank Kirby
Rub both your beards all over my birdie

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Apr 2015 09:36

She gets 2 mentions in the On the Ball column in the Indie today. One for scoring 5 against Brentford after getting 4 against Yeovil, and the other for scoring 33 goals in her last 18 games ! That would give her about 80 goals in a 46 game season.
Would be nice if she got some recognition on match day. Like the women's game or not she is clearly a very good player and we should celebrate the fact that she is OUR very good player.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 24 Apr 2015 10:14

I joked as I left the Mad Stad on Weds that we should start Fran Kirby on Saturday (of course if she was registered). The more I think about it, the more I think - why not? The only player in the club with a strikers' instinct.
I tweeted my suggestion and she obviously agrees as she favourited the tweet!!!!
This is a bit tongue in cheek? But I wonder what the rules are? Could we register her next season? Theoretically?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Apr 2015 10:20

Whatevs

Frank Kirkby

Looks like scuttz.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 24 Apr 2015 12:23

shaka's shorts I joked as I left the Mad Stad on Weds that we should start Fran Kirby on Saturday (of course if she was registered). The more I think about it, the more I think - why not? The only player in the club with a strikers' instinct.
I tweeted my suggestion and she obviously agrees as she favourited the tweet!!!!
This is a bit tongue in cheek? But I wonder what the rules are? Could we register her next season? Theoretically?

I believe there is no gender rule in the FL/FA/FIFA rule book. Perugia once tried to sign a female player but then they also signed Colonel Gaddafi's son and Jay Bothroyd...

I think it would be a big statement to put her on the bench at least. You could tell Blackman he's got 30 mins to score or he'll be infamously substituted and scorned for all time...

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 24 Apr 2015 13:05

Pepe the Horseman
Whatevs

Frank Kirkby

Looks like scuttz.

alol

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Apr 2015 13:39

Z175
shaka's shorts I joked as I left the Mad Stad on Weds that we should start Fran Kirby on Saturday (of course if she was registered). The more I think about it, the more I think - why not? The only player in the club with a strikers' instinct.

I believe there is no gender rule in the FL/FA/FIFA rule book.

I'm fairly sure there is - every year there's a story of an 11/13 year old girl who wants to keep playing with her team mates but can't.
A quick Google brought this up: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4110845.stm

Would support using her in a Le Fondre role but not at the expense of someone like Tanner or Kelly who might be a viable long-term option.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 24 Apr 2015 13:50

SCIAG Would support using her in a Le Fondre role

Only performing in January?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 24 Apr 2015 17:42

Z175

I believe there is no gender rule in the FL/FA/FIFA rule book. Perugia once tried to sign a female player but then they also signed Colonel Gaddafi's son and Jay Bothroyd...

I think it would be a big statement to put her on the bench at least. You could tell Blackman he's got 30 mins to score or he'll be infamously substituted and scorned for all time...

Off topic but they just mentioned Gaddafi on the news just as I was reading his name. Creepier than Andy Bernal in shrubbery.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 Apr 2015 18:42

I think the cut off for mixed football is 14, over that age it is not permitted.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Apr 2015 21:25

Nameless I think the cut off for mixed football is 14, over that age it is not permitted.

I think you are right but IMO it is a pretty arbitrary and stupid limit.

I once watched an un-official friendly between an U18s women's team of a reasonably high standard against an U18 mens team. The ref spent most of his time protecting the guys from some very robust challenges from the girls who clearly wanted to make a point about their ability to compete physically, as well as in terms of skill!

Fran currently trains with and, I imagine, competes against our academy guys (U18s I believe) in their training sessions with no problems.

lewesroyal

by lewesroyal » 12 May 2015 10:11

In the world cup squad now too :)

322 posts