POSITIVE
70%
NEGATIVE
30%

Total votes: 121
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Your General Feeling Towards The Club?

by Lower West » 16 Jan 2016 00:16

Having suffered the Atkins and Clarke era's. I can honestly say the Reading way is the best. Sir John deserves credit I suspect for admitting he got it wrong. The return of McD being the evidence. To be successful a football club needs to be an integral part of the community. Something the Thai's appreciate and understand as well.

It's so positive to have the soul back again at the club again. In fact so much feels like last time after Rodgers departed. The change was noticable back then. McD picked players that wanted to play for him. The results speak for themselves.

Jinx

by Jinx » 16 Jan 2016 10:06

Pretty meh about football in general lately. Its become more of a circus. Its about the experience not the football. Its rapidly becoming a non-contact sport practised by cheats and fakers

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Jan 2016 22:34

Selling our top goal scorer for a nice wedge then throwing a few pennies at an ageing old fart as a replacement - last straw for me, I'm afraid

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 22:44

who is this ageing old fart?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Jan 2016 23:31

John Kermit or whatever his name is

He probably needs help getting in and out of the bath

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 23:34

Scores every other appearance at this level....must be bathing in champagne

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 16 Jan 2016 23:38

AthleticoSpizz Scores every other appearance at this level....must be bathing in champagne

Vydra averaged a goal every 2.3 games in his two previous Championship seasons

What's the league scoring record? We must have a decent chance of breaking it, with that strike force :!:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2016 23:39

:lol:

Yeah, scared to try it in case we like it :roll:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Jan 2016 23:52

Jinx Pretty meh about football in general lately. Its become more of a circus. Its about the experience not the football. Its rapidly becoming a non-contact sport practised by cheats and fakers

Lately as in the last 15 years?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 26 Jan 2016 12:50

It was something like 7 or 8 years or so ago that Mr Angry posted that he hated the idea that Reading would become a club (like many others) that looked to sign fairly cheap overseas players who were mercenaries and would have no feeling for the club.
That posting may well have been around the time that we splashed a fortune on Fae.
Today the wanderer Sa is off to Israel having played in Poland and England in the past year and having signed the Belgian from Bournemouth we are supposedly interested in a Czech striker, to replace the Portuguese striker who replaced a Russian mercenary, and play alongside our temporary Czech striker who has played for 5 different clubs in the past 5 years.

This is not an anti-foreigner posting as that is the way the game has gone but MrA has turned out to be both prophetic and doom-monger at the same time as it feels as though our team is made up more of those that see it just as a job rather than anything more than that.
Fortunately we have had Obita, Cooper and Tish coming through the ranks and more may follow but I don't think I am alone (judged on many other postings) in not caring much whether any of our current crop move on elsewhere although personally I would like Norwood to stay.

I do believe that Brian signing young Evans is a good move but also hope that he will give some of our own youngsters a chance in this season when the club is going nowhere as that would at least give most fans the feeling that the club is not just becoming what Mr A feared it would become all those years ago.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 26 Jan 2016 13:11

The problem we seem to have with a lot of our foreign imports is that they don't seem to fit in/settle/adapt/be as good as they appear for the continental team we signed them from (delete as appropriate).

Sa joins the list of Fae, Matejovsky, Carrico and to a lesser extent Pog and Seol ki-Hyeon, of (relatively) big money foreign signings failing to live up to the hype. Even Kebe took a long time to come good, admittedly some of that was injury related.

Our foreign signings in the last ten years or so to be considered successful (or who have played in our two most successful teams) would be Irish, American, Icelandic, or Jamaican. All of whom are English speaking countries, and Iceland is pretty much an English speaking country. Sonko and Kebe had each other to speak French to, but as a club we really do seem to struggle to successfully integrate non English speaking players.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Jan 2016 13:19

BR2 It was something like 7 or 8 years or so ago that Mr Angry posted that he hated the idea that Reading would become a club (like many others) that looked to sign fairly cheap overseas players who were mercenaries and would have no feeling for the club.
That posting may well have been around the time that we splashed a fortune on Fae.
Today the wanderer Sa is off to Israel having played in Poland and England in the past year and having signed the Belgian from Bournemouth we are supposedly interested in a Czech striker, to replace the Portuguese striker who replaced a Russian mercenary, and play alongside our temporary Czech striker who has played for 5 different clubs in the past 5 years.

Well put. I am pleased that the club has regained a modicum of decency in reinstating BMcD into the post he should never have vacated a little under 3 years ago but we still have a load of second-rate mercenary chaff to sort through. With the club apparently safely ensconced in midtable we should surely have been giving Samuel half a season to have a go at reproducing the goalscoring form he has shown on loan at the division below rather than pumping money towards signing a 34 year old (who I note missed an absolute sitter on debut), otherwise you may as we fold the academy and use that money towards.....the wages of more second-rate mercenaries.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 26 Jan 2016 13:27

NEGATIVE

We've been getting worse and worse on the pitch and I'm fairly sure that will continue, plus we now we have no ambition either

A season that started so promisingly has turned to absolute shit

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Jan 2016 13:33

Neither way. I always feel positive after a win and that we can do something, then we lose and I feel all negative again.
Just an opinion, but we have the right manager but there are players who really should be not starting and really are letting us down.
The feel good factor seems such a distant memory at the minute.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 26 Jan 2016 13:36

Ascotexgunner Neither way. I always feel positive after a win and that we can do something, then we lose and I feel all negative again.

You're only as good as your last game

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Jan 2016 13:38

Green
Ascotexgunner Neither way. I always feel positive after a win and that we can do something, then we lose and I feel all negative again.

You're only as good as your last game.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Jan 2016 13:53

Green

Indeed, but when it comes down to it we love RFC. You know they'll be good times and bad times (mostly bad at the minute), but hey when I look at what Leicester are doing and how they had a mighty fall a few years ago, you just live in hope that we can do that.
I sometimes wonder whether the constant moaning of the plastic mancs, the chavs, the gooners, the car thieves etc on the radio washes off on us too much, and we expect too much. Just a thought.

Josef Fritzl

by Josef Fritzl » 26 Jan 2016 14:01

I'm unsure how I feel towards the club atm. I'm disappointed with the results but I'm not sure its all as bad as it seems. Apparently we've had the 2nd most shots in the league so we're at least creating opportunities. Our game on the weekend showed we can compete. I'm not going to hold it against the club for the player exodus last season because we were in a fair bit of debt due to the previous owner. I'm hoping its just been an unlucky period for us and we pick back up a bit.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 26 Jan 2016 14:03

Josef Fritzl Apparently we've had the 2nd most shots in the league so we're at least creating opportunities.

Except when you see that our top three for shots per game are Blackman (obviously), and then Norwood/Williams, that implies that we're just shooting from outside the box a lot. A lot of them don't even hit the target.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 26 Jan 2016 14:10

RoyallyFcuked NEGATIVE

We've been getting worse and worse on the pitch and I'm fairly sure that will continue, plus we now we have no ambition either

A season that started so promisingly has turned to absolute shit

just be glad we got a month of promising, I say