Brian 3.0

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brian 3.0

by SCIAG » 14 Feb 2022 16:13

John Madejski's Wallet
Schards#2 Appointing Warnock would be the final straw for me, I have been a fan for over 50 years but could not support a team with him as manager. He is the antithesis of everything Reading once stood for.

Reckon i'm with Schards on this one

Though my desperation for Reading to stay up right now might counter that feeling if it does happen

Yeah put me firmly in the Schards camp

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Feb 2022 16:21

Dirk Gently Many of the key players in McDermott's successful teams are those that he's known for years and had frequently nurtured through the academy. That 2011/12 Championship winning team did so on unity and togetherness - which is what McD's good at.

he's a great youth development man, but I see no evidence that he's a good manager when it comes to managing a team of players who are at a club when he gets there, which is what he'd find here..

While there’s something in that, I think you’re overstating it. Karacan and Pearce were big for our promotion side, and iirc McDermott had a good relationship with Federici too. Church and HRK were regulars from the bench. The rest of the squad hadn’t played for his reserve teams.

No doubt McDermott benefited from the personal loyalty of many of the players (Long was another one), and I imagine most of the current squad would have to look him up when he joined. But he did have success with Rodgers’ players like McAnuff, Mills, Howard and Bertrand as well as senior Coppell holdovers like Kebe and Gunnarsson.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Feb 2022 17:07

Brian in with a view of taking a DoF role in the club with responsibility for all things football, esp. hiring and firing managers which has been the basic problem with the playing side since AZ sacked him in the first place.