31%
Ian Royal
6%

Total votes: 80
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Will relegation hurt you?

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Apr 2023 20:49

Big meh from me. Been there before and I'm a bit too long in the tooth to get upset about it.

These things are cyclical.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 20:58

Orion1871
Royal_jimmy
Loafer Anybody who cries needs to take a long hard look at themselves

oxf*rd off you prick you have no understanding of other fans

Just ignore Moron De Mong.

Who the hell are you? Or maybe you are made for Ian?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 21:00

Winston Biscuit
genome
Winston Biscuit
Yeah probs the same for me. If we can avoid finishing in the bottom half of L1 on our 1st season down then I think that's decent enough and would hopefully give us a platform to work from

I think if you have a look at Derby, who were a much bigger basket case than us upon relegation, they're fighting for the playoffs this year. I'd be pretty happy with that.

Yep. Ipswich also a good example of getting some stability and building on it. Now in their 4th season down there. 3 seasons in the top half and now pushing for promotion

Far bigger club than us and not in our mess

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 21:02

Oh pardon me for actually giving a toss about the club.

So many on here sound as fake as the owner.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 22 Apr 2023 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Apr 2023 21:02

Royal_jimmy
Orion1871
Royal_jimmy
oxf*rd off you prick you have no understanding of other fans

Just ignore Moron De Mong.

Who the hell are you? Or maybe you are made for Ian?

Just telling you to ignore him, Jimbo. He ain't worth it.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Apr 2023 21:09

Royal_jimmy
Mid Sussex Royal
Orion1871 Gutted.

Truly the end of the road and the final slap in the face to all those who built the club up so successfully in the Sir John era.

All that good work finally undone once and for all. Leaving us right back where we started.

The man who sold out twice to the first people that waved a cheque in front of him

He's not blameless in all this

You can't blame Madejski after what he did for us

I wonder if all the fans who wanted Madejski out are still happy. OK, he wasn't forced out by the fans, but the "where's the money gone?" brigade won't have helped.

It's odd. I thought I'd accepted going down, but today was the first day that it really hit me that it's really likely to happen. I've seen four relegations, and perhaps because they've all had a feeling of inevitablity about them on the day, it's never been that bad on the day.

My concern is more about the next few seasons. I can see so reason for optimism about next season in League One. We'll have to rebuild the squad, and we probably won't have much of a budget. I think there's more chance of us going down again than coming straight back up. Not too many managers are going to be tempted by the huge job they'll have to do, especially with our record of managerial sackings.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Apr 2023 21:56

Royal_jimmy Oh pardon me for actually giving a toss about the club.

Fake?

A lot of people on here have seen us in Divsion 4, have watched us when we genuinely didn't have 2 Farthings to rub together and when the club was under genuine threat of being erased out of existence.

Easy with the melodrama.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2023 21:58

tmesis
Royal_jimmy
Mid Sussex Royal
The man who sold out twice to the first people that waved a cheque in front of him

I wonder if all the fans who wanted Madejski out are still happy. OK, he wasn't forced out by the fans, but the "where's the money gone?" brigade won't have helped.

It's odd. I thought I'd accepted going down, but today was the first day that it really hit me that it's really likely to happen. I've seen four relegations, and perhaps because they've all had a feeling of inevitablity about them on the day, it's never been that bad on the day.

My concern is more about the next few seasons. I can see so reason for optimism about next season in League One. We'll have to rebuild the squad, and we probably won't have much of a budget. I think there's more chance of us going down again than coming straight back up. Not too many managers are going to be tempted by the huge job they'll have to do, especially with our record of managerial sackings.

This.

In isolation, L1 doesn’t bother me, I supported us last time we were in in it and it’s fine, sure not as good as the championship but if that’s our level then so be it.

As long as we rebuild, get an OK manager and our first season we bob around the top ten fine but my fear is as above languishing in L1 mediocrity for years as above

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2023 21:59

From Despair To Where?

Fake?

A lot of people on here have seen us in Divsion 4, have watched us when we genuinely didn't have 2 Farthings to rub together and when the club was under genuine threat of being erased out of existence.

Easy with the melodrama.

Jimmy must be an alternate account for another nobber

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 21:59

I get we've been awful for a number of years but proper fans who witnessed Madejski's legacy will understand

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 22 Apr 2023 22:02

tmesis
Royal_jimmy
Mid Sussex Royal

And our sino clueless owner

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 22 Apr 2023 22:11

SouthDownsRoyal
From Despair To Where?

Fake?

Easy with the melodrama.

Didn't Leon say it was Brogue?

Definitely not on this evidence

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 22 Apr 2023 22:12

Royal_jimmy I get we've been awful for a number of years but proper fans who witnessed Madejski's legacy will understand

"Proper fans" :lol:

It was like 15 years ago, we've all been there

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Apr 2023 22:14

I don't get this whole "proper fans" business.

What constitutes a "proper fan"?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 22 Apr 2023 22:19

Loafer
SouthDownsRoyal
From Despair To Where?
Fake?

Easy with the melodrama.

Didn't Leon say it was Brogue?

Definitely not on this evidence

It’s definitely someone

Loafer
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Loafer » 22 Apr 2023 22:31

From Despair To Where? I don't get this whole "proper fans" business.

What constitutes a "proper fan"?

Evidently somebody who shits their panties like Jimmy

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Apr 2023 22:53

Charlton are a more similar-sized club to us than Derby & Ipswich, and they are now languishing in the bottom half.

New grounds would be fun initially, but we have a poor away following so beyond the first season, unless we’re right at the top, we’re going to be seeing 150-200 fans at a lot of far away grounds, which would be really shit.

Positive thing is I can’t see any of our younger players being snapped up…I think we’d easily keep Holmes, McIntyre, Azeez, Camara etc. and they could shine in the tier below

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 22 Apr 2023 23:01

Mid Sussex Royal Been on the cards for years this has.

I've experienced 3 relegations to tier 4, one where a side scored an injury time goal in a 3.15 kick off to relegate us, so no probs with relegation, seen it all.

Its what Dai decides to do if we go down is the real worry

And that is why we should ensure that the club is always owned by those who [u]only hold an honest and best interest in RFC[/u], and not by foreign speculators charlatans.
Please please buy back SJM.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 22 Apr 2023 23:17

Yes, however it comes with opportunity. Whoever comes in has the chance to make the squad his own with plenty half decent academy players and a blank chequebook which will be very competitive in League One (even if we’re on a budget next season)

We need to get ourselves out quick though.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Apr 2023 23:27

Royal_jimmy I get we've been awful for a number of years but proper fans who witnessed Madejski's legacy will understand

No legacy left. Everything Sir JM built the club on has been bulldozed away. Successful lower league clubs are increasingly key components of the local community. Not everything revolves around Saturday afternoon. Ticket sales alone aren't going to support a decent wage playing budget.

161 posts