by Harold » 06 Jan 2007 22:46

Alan Partridge
Harold LOL @ The Mad Stad pitch.

SandcastLOLes

Game still played :lol:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Jan 2007 22:49

Long time no hear, Harold. Been a bit quiet since Chelsea started oxf*rd things up.

Congratulations on today's result, by the way. Managed to go one better than Darlingon.

Harold

by Harold » 06 Jan 2007 22:53

From Despair To Where? Long time no hear, Harold. Been a bit quiet since Chelsea started oxf*rd things up.

Congratulations on today's result, by the way. Managed to go one better than Darlingon.

Yes - we're in crisis - haven't played well most of the season, 6 points behind United in the League and still in every cup competition.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 06 Jan 2007 22:55

Harold
From Despair To Where? Long time no hear, Harold. Been a bit quiet since Chelsea started oxf*rd things up.

Yes - we're in crisis - haven't played well most of the season, 6 points behind United in the League and still in every cup competition.

Well done.

With all the players that they have bought, you should be romping it...
What's going on down there?

Harold

by Harold » 06 Jan 2007 22:58

readingbedding
Harold

Well done.

We've romped it for the last two seasons, and you well know it's not always the case that the best team always romps away and wins it. Look at the Spanish table at the moment........

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Jan 2007 23:02

readingbedding The owners of the ground will hopefully say...

No Rugby tomorrow.

I suspect there are reasons why we can't do that but, given that the Mad Stad has become a firm favourite amongst Rugby fans, I'm hoping that the games administrators can see the bigger picture and call off tomorrow's fixture sooner rather than later.

I'm not a rugger bugger and don't enjoy watching the game but, I've always supported the Mad Stad being used more than once a fortnight. I'm proud that local Rugby fans get to watch major fixtures in our stadium.

However, this is not the first season in which playing Irish fixtures when the pitch has been in no fit state, that it has been ruined for football for the rest of the season and, now, the normally placid Steve Coppell has made a point of making his position clear.

If this match goes ahead, I think it will signal the end of what has been, for the most part, a very happy partnership.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 06 Jan 2007 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 06 Jan 2007 23:03

Harold
readingbedding
Harold

Well done.

We've romped it for the last two seasons, and you well know it's not always the case that the best team always romps away and wins it. Look at the Spanish table at the moment........

How come all of Mourinho's purchases in the Summer are just not working out?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Jan 2007 23:10

Woodcote Royal

No Rugby tomorrow.

I suspect there are reasons why we can't do that but, given that the Mad Stad has become a firm favourite amongst Rugby fans, I'm hoping that the games administrators can see the bigger picture and call off tomorrows fixture sooner rather than later.

I'm not a rugger bugger and don't enjoy watching the game but, I've always supported the Mad Stad being used more than once a fortnight. I'm proud that local Rugby fans get to watch major fixtures in our stadium.

However, this not the first season in which playing Irish fixtures when the pitch has been in no fit state that it has been ruined for football for the rest of the season and, now, the normally placid Steve Coppell has made a point of making his position clear.

If this match goes ahead, I think it will signal the end of what has been, for the most part, a very happy partnership.

I think you're right - RFC actually have no say whatsoever as to whether the game goes ahead or not. I suspect that explains the initial announcement by Radio Berks that the rugby game was off, only for it to be altered later in the afternoon after the rugger buggers had pointed out that, under the terms of their lease, the football club have no right to postpone rugby games on the basis of the condition of the pitch.

Sadly I believe it is very rare for an egg chase to be called off on the grounds that a pitch is wet and muddy!

As for the end of the partnership, I fear that is someway off - Coppell referred to a 7 year agreement and I think we are only 2-3 years into that.

Which fool signed us up to 7 years with no way out? Coppell should make him re-lay the pitch single handedly! Prior to that, perhaps he can be paraded around and we can all sling mud at him.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 06 Jan 2007 23:28

Harold
readingbedding
Harold

Well done.

Big cheer for Hunt last Sat at OT from all 4 stands.............

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jan 2007 00:07

Macclesfield, just the sort of side Shevchenko needed to play against to end his goal drought. Congractulations to Frank Lampard as well. 3 goals and not a deflection in sight.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 07 Jan 2007 00:21

I hate all this Harolold crap with Chelolsea. At least ALOLad, RA and Frimmers try to offer something other than ManUre/Shots brown-nosing.

:x

working class hero

by working class hero » 07 Jan 2007 00:51

The LI link was well accepted for the past few seasons..... So why the bitching now? We are the same club we ever were - we just have a lot more lifelong fans than we could see in the past.

LI have given us much needed cash - possibly allowing us to splash out big money on the likes of Kits / Doyle / Ingi etc. Moaning about the space they have in the store is also a bit pathetic since it is only recently that we have sold much RFC stuff.....

As for the ticket office, it can hardly be unreasonable to ask staff to work when there are no RFC tickets to sell.

I know I am old fashioned but we have a contract and should honour it. I am sure that the MAdman would agree - although Salako might be a sceptic.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 07 Jan 2007 00:57

working class hero The LI link was well accepted for the past few seasons..... So why the bitching now? We are the same club we ever were - we just have a lot more lifelong fans than we could see in the past.

LI have given us much needed cash - possibly allowing us to splash out big money on the likes of Kits / Doyle / Ingi etc. Moaning about the space they have in the store is also a bit pathetic since it is only recently that we have sold much RFC stuff.....

As for the ticket office, it can hardly be unreasonable to ask staff to work when there are no RFC tickets to sell.

I know I am old fashioned but we have a contract and should honour it. I am sure that the MAdman would agree - although Salako might be a sceptic.

Those 3 were signed for peanuts. Hardly big money.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 07 Jan 2007 01:31

RoyalBlue
Woodcote Royal

No Rugby tomorrow.

I suspect there are reasons why we can't do that but, given that the Mad Stad has become a firm favourite amongst Rugby fans, I'm hoping that the games administrators can see the bigger picture and call off tomorrows fixture sooner rather than later.

However, this not the first season in which playing Irish fixtures when the pitch has been in no fit state that it has been ruined for football for the rest of the season and, now, the normally placid Steve Coppell has made a point of making his position clear.

I think you're right - RFC actually have no say whatsoever as to whether the game goes ahead or not. I suspect that explains the initial announcement by Radio Berks that the rugby game was off, only for it to be altered later in the afternoon after the rugger buggers had pointed out that, under the terms of their lease, the football club have no right to postpone rugby games on the basis of the condition of the pitch.

Sadly I believe it is very rare for an egg chase to be called off on the grounds that a pitch is wet and muddy!

As for the end of the partnership, I fear that is someway off - Coppell referred to a 7 year agreement and I think we are only 2-3 years into that.

Which fool signed us up to 7 years with no way out? Coppell should make him re-lay the pitch single handedly! Prior to that, perhaps he can be paraded around and we can all sling mud at him.

i dont mind the egg chasers sharing the ground as it brings more revenue to the club. However, if they play the rugby game tomorrow i will be livid!!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 07 Jan 2007 01:33

working class hero The LI link was well accepted for the past few seasons..... So why the bitching now? We are the same club we ever were - we just have a lot more lifelong fans than we could see in the past.

I don't like rugby but think that the linkup with Irish has been very positive and successful, unlike those arrogant tossers from Richmond. However, the bottom line is they only rent the ground on match days. It is our ground and the football team should take priority. We should have a veto on the stadium's use.

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 07 Jan 2007 08:34

I would imagine the bugry is certain to go ahead today.

The pitch inspection can only be about player safety not potential damage to the playing surface. My local park which was under water yesterday has drained almost completely and I would guess the Madstad would be similar.

Oh, well look forward to playing on the Somme on tuesday :evil:

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 07 Jan 2007 09:11

If the pitch is in no state on Tuesday for the Burnley game to be played will there be any come back against Reading FC from the football authorities?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Jan 2007 09:45

Does anyone know whether the Rugby is on yet?

141 posts