Arsenal v Reading

204 posts
Finchley Royal

by Finchley Royal » 01 Mar 2007 23:57

Steel Biscuit I've just put £20 at 6/1 (!) with Hills on the win, and £1 at 150/1 Kitson/Reading win 2-1 scorecast.

6/1 on a two horse race!!! :shock:

Three horse race.

Occasionally, games are drawn...

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 09:49

I actually consider 6/1 to be quite short considering no-one has beaten Arsenal at home in the league

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 02 Mar 2007 10:44

From the Arsenal site:

For the record the full list of absentees for Saturday’s game is: Adebayor, Eboue, Toure (all suspended), Henry (foot), Rosicky (groin), Diaby (ankle), Justin Hoyte (hamstring), Mathieu Flamini (foot) and Robin van Persie (foot).

spickroyal

by spickroyal » 02 Mar 2007 11:24

"Reading will never have a better chance of beating Arsenal away"

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 02 Mar 2007 11:49

Arsenal will still create a load of chances with their midfield, but I'm not sure they'll have anyone to finish for them.

I'm going to go for an optimistic 1-0 victory, with Lita grabbing the winner in the 74th minute.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 11:53

Bikey against Baptista could be interesting.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Mar 2007 11:59

Wycombe Royal Arsenal team news for tonight:
The visitors will also be without the injured Thierry Henry (foot), Tomas Rosicky (groin) and Abou Diaby (ankle), while Justin Hoyte (hamstring), Theo Walcott (shoulder) and full-back Gael Clichy (foot) are all doubtful.

looks like our best chance of getting a victory over one of the big 4 all season, with all those out, and them looking forward to the CL game, which if they dont win pretty much ends their season
revenge could be ours on saturday, im feeling lucky

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 02 Mar 2007 12:12

i heard walcott is a doubt aswell

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Mar 2007 12:25

royals pete Yeah, looks a good side BUT we all know waht happens when a lot of players are put together without the 'team' play recently. Could be a lot of individuals out there on Saturday.

I still think the odds for Reading are VERY generous. Might not come off but I reckon we could be in for a smashing game.

Generous? Really?

i started a thread before the game at OT asking if people fancied our chances, pointing out this stat:

In the last 200 odd fixtures where a big 4 team has been at home to a non big 4 team, the away team has won only twice. Both last season, West Ham at Highbury and Blackburn at OT.

Based on that, i'd say the 8/1 being offered is shocking value.

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 02 Mar 2007 12:30

brendywendy
looks like our best chance of getting a victory over one of the big 4 all season

No, thats Liverpool at Home :wink:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 12:40

Tony Le Mesmer
royals pete Yeah, looks a good side BUT we all know waht happens when a lot of players are put together without the 'team' play recently. Could be a lot of individuals out there on Saturday.

I still think the odds for Reading are VERY generous. Might not come off but I reckon we could be in for a smashing game.

Generous? Really?

i started a thread before the game at OT asking if people fancied our chances, pointing out this stat:

In the last 200 odd fixtures where a big 4 team has been at home to a non big 4 team, the away team has won only twice. Both last season, West Ham at Highbury and Blackburn at OT.

Same, the only punt worth taking in this game for me is any time goal scorer.

runrunrunrungilksey

by runrunrunrungilksey » 02 Mar 2007 12:48

Emirates is a fortress, no denying however records are there to be broken. Pressure is on at the Arsenal at the moment as well. I would say that this is the best possible time to play Arsenal at thier place!

Arsenal 1 Reading 2
Walcott 11mins
Sidwell 44, 90+1

Fred Sharpe's Nose

Arsenal v Reading

by Fred Sharpe's Nose » 02 Mar 2007 13:06

After all their recent tribulations, Arsenal will be looking forward to a nice, easy game...

:wink:

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 02 Mar 2007 13:11

With a bit more luck, better finishing and a referee who's able to watch a players whole body from ten yards away rather than just the top half, Arsenal could have easily won the last 3 games.

Agree we have to close down quickly but Blackburn did the same thing on Wed. and were still left chasing shadows on occasions and that was without Fabregas. The main thing is, whatever the personnel, you know how Arsenal will play so you can try and set a plan to stop them. I would not be surprised to see Lita up front on his own with Gunnarson coming into a 5 man midfield.

2-2.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Mar 2007 13:24

Huntley & Palmer
Tony Le Mesmer

Generous? Really?

theres loads of good bets out there, scorecasts on 0-1,1-1,0-2, 2-2, 2-1, 1-2 for lita and kitson all give great odds, and a half decent chance of being correct

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 02 Mar 2007 13:32

The bet for me is to get high on the total goals market.

You can buy with IG Index at 2.8. Based on our previous games and the previous game at the mad stad, there could easily be 5 or 6 goals in this match. Especially if we line up with a 442. Worth hanging on till late to see our line up though, i think we will go 451 given that 442 failed miserably at home to them.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 02 Mar 2007 13:37

brendywendy
Huntley & Palmer
Tony Le Mesmer

Generous? Really?

theres loads of good bets out there, scorecasts on 0-1,1-1,0-2, 2-2, 2-1, 1-2 for lita and kitson all give great odds, and a half decent chance of being correct

If you are getting anything less than 100-1 on a correct scoreline and first scorer then you are being done. Thing about it, the odds on that actually happening are massive. So many external factors you can't account for. At least with anytime scorer you have an entire 90 minutes for one person to score (substitutions allowing), Lita has pocketed me some decent money at just over 4's against Birmingham in the Cup

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 02 Mar 2007 14:16

When Coppell tried messing about with formations against Arsenal at home we started very poorly and were punished. The same against Man U.

In light of Coppell's comments post Man U game, I would hope he reverts to a 4-4-2, but I'd imagine the strikers will be asked to play deeper and do a lot of pressing from the front.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 02 Mar 2007 14:21

Seal When Coppell tried messing about with formations against Arsenal at home we started very poorly and were punished.

Er, I recall us starting with 4-4-2. We started poorly because we still had the Chelsea game on our minds.

I don't think we changed formation until the League game at Anfield.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 02 Mar 2007 14:41

southbank1871 Arsenal will still create a load of chances with their midfield, but I'm not sure they'll have anyone to finish for them.

I'm going to go for an optimistic 1-0 victory, with Lita grabbing the winner in the 74th minute.

Result=Lets go mental

204 posts