MATCHWATCH : Eastleigh (a)

442 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Eastleigh (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2023 17:20

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
Clyde1998 Holmes at RB would be purely for defensive reasons, surely? Can't see him being effective in a wing-back role, but could see him being useful as what would effectively be a wide centre-back. I think Holmes would be best at the right-side of a defensive three.

I think the wider players in a back three need to be quicker as your wing backs will be high leaving a big hole for him to struggle to get over to.

I think he's best as RCB in a 2 or middle of a 3.

For RCB in a two I'd say: Mbengue>Holmes>Bindon>Dean

For middle in a three I'd say: McIntyre>Holmes>Dean

They need to be quick if they can't read the game, anticipate and position themselves correctly. Otherwise it's not a necessity.

They can read the game as well as they like if they have glacial pace like McIntyre and Holmes they aren't getting there. Something that's been proven time and again.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Dec 2023 17:29

Wasn’t really paying attention at tbe time and didn’t listen to the build up etc but massive kudos to Ian Wright for that coat. Quality

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2023 17:30

Hound Wasn’t really paying attention at tbe time and didn’t listen to the build up etc but massive kudos to Ian Wright for that coat. Quality

Didn't watch any build up, HT or FT stuff. What was he wearing?

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 04 Dec 2023 17:32

Snowflake Royal
Hound Wasn’t really paying attention at tbe time and didn’t listen to the build up etc but massive kudos to Ian Wright for that coat. Quality

Think Michelin man but in green

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Dec 2023 17:35

72 bus
Snowflake Royal

https://www.thepoke.com/2023/12/04/ian- ... ious-meme/

Guessing you might not be such a fan

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2023 17:41

Hound
72 bus
Snowflake Royal Didn't watch any build up, HT or FT stuff. What was he wearing?

Hideous

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Dec 2023 18:20

Motty was harder

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Dec 2023 19:28

Snowflake Royal
Hound
72 bus

Hideous

:)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Dec 2023 20:09

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Hideous

The way people were talkiing I assumed he was wearing some sort of 106 or oxf*rd Dai Yongge jacket

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Dec 2023 20:21

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Snowflake Royal Hideous

The way people were talkiing I assumed he was wearing some sort of 106 or oxf*rd Dai Yongge jacket

I know which makes the fact it is some ridiculous over the top fashion thing more funny

I still quite like it though. Reckon I could carry that off. Maybe if I find a spare 2k somewhere

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Dec 2023 21:37

hlane17 Southend fan here...

Having watched your game it had echoes of our clash with Dover Athletic in 2019, where we lost 1-0 and struggled to worry a poor National League side.

Reading deserve so much better than this, hope you get Dai out. We're still trying to get rid of our own charlatan, COVID ruined the momentum gained in our campaign, only picked up again in the last year.

Thought the protest during the game was fantastic, exactly the kind of publicity you need in your fight.

Will be keeping an eye on developments from the Essex Riviera and wishing you all the best.

Thanks for your kind post! Hopefully the Sell Before We Dai campaign not only removes our shocking owner but stops other clubs like yourselves going to the wall in the future. Your demise really reminds you of ours, in 2017 you were 1 match away from the league one playoffs and possibly getting into the championship, that season we were a couple of kicks from promotion to the top flight. We've both had simultaneous declines.

Hopefully you find a buyer too! Your supporters have been loyal and deserve far better!

Oh and fcuk off newbie :wink:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Dec 2023 21:41

Mr Angry I am not a knee jerk reaction kind of supporter, but frankly Selles needs to go after yesterday.

Our embarrasment at losing to a non-league side is, frankly, irrelevant; the Managre needed to prioritise a win yesterday, and play his best team. The £67,000 cheque for winning a Round 2 tie would have been useful, and then getting a potentially winnable Round 3 tie meant the possibility of another £105,000 winners cheque.

In our current fnancial position, £172,000 would go a long way to paying wages...............................so for that reason, for being totally oblivious to the position we are in and instead thinking we are some top Premier League team able to rest loads of 1st team players, Selles should go.

We could have drawn a West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs or Man Utd away and banked £1m which would cover wages and taxes for a few months whilst the ownership is sorted! So yes definitely criminal not to play the same team as Carlisle despite the injury risks. We have a big enough squad that if a key player gets injured we have cover until January.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2023 08:42

Royal_jimmy
Mr Angry I am not a knee jerk reaction kind of supporter, but frankly Selles needs to go after yesterday.

Our embarrasment at losing to a non-league side is, frankly, irrelevant; the Managre needed to prioritise a win yesterday, and play his best team. The £67,000 cheque for winning a Round 2 tie would have been useful, and then getting a potentially winnable Round 3 tie meant the possibility of another £105,000 winners cheque.

In our current fnancial position, £172,000 would go a long way to paying wages...............................so for that reason, for being totally oblivious to the position we are in and instead thinking we are some top Premier League team able to rest loads of 1st team players, Selles should go.

We could have drawn a West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs or Man Utd away and banked £1m which would cover wages and taxes for a few months whilst the ownership is sorted! So yes definitely criminal not to play the same team as Carlisle despite the injury risks. We have a big enough squad that if a key player gets injured we have cover until January.

Er... if we have a big enough squad that a key player getting injured has cover til January, why are you saying we should have played a full strength side when we could just use that 'cover'?. That's such a contradictory post.

Points are most important.

I don’t think Selles should have played the full league side, but he could have done a damnsight better with the team he did pick.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Dec 2023 08:45

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal I think the wider players in a back three need to be quicker as your wing backs will be high leaving a big hole for him to struggle to get over to.

I think he's best as RCB in a 2 or middle of a 3.

For RCB in a two I'd say: Mbengue>Holmes>Bindon>Dean

For middle in a three I'd say: McIntyre>Holmes>Dean

They need to be quick if they can't read the game, anticipate and position themselves correctly. Otherwise it's not a necessity.

They can read the game as well as they like if they have glacial pace like McIntyre and Holmes they aren't getting there. Something that's been proven time and again.

Well no because if you read the game correctly and position yourself correctly then you won't be needing pace, because you're already there.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Dec 2023 08:45

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy

Er... if we have a big enough squad that a key player getting injured has cover til January, why are you saying we should have played a full strength side when we could just use that 'cover'?. That's such a contradictory post.

I don’t think Selles should have played the full league side, but he could have done a damnsight better with the team he did pick.

I guess it depends a little on who he plays tomorrow

Imo if it’s another mix of reserve players then he really should have gone first team on Sat - whole week before next game and they’ve had the international break the week or so before

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2023 09:36

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Well no because if you read the game correctly and position yourself correctly then you won't be needing pace, because you're already there.

:lol: you're so clueless.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 05 Dec 2023 09:41

Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal They can read the game as well as they like if they have glacial pace like McIntyre and Holmes they aren't getting there. Something that's been proven time and again.

Not really Ian... I'm just trying to explain it to somebody who clearly hasn't played the game before.

You bang on about pace all the time, as if it's a necessity. It's not. Plenty of CB pairings have been slow and yet been successful.

Lee Dixon said it himself during the game on Sunday, if you read and position yourself correctly, you're 80% done as a defender. But let me guess, he was wrong as well...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2023 09:45

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
YorkshireRoyal99

Not really Ian... I'm just trying to explain it to somebody who clearly hasn't played the game before.

You bang on about pace all the time, as if it's a necessity. It's not. Plenty of CB pairings have been slow and yet been successful.

Lee Dixon said it himself during the game on Sunday, if you read and position yourself correctly, you're 80% done as a defender. But let me guess, he was wrong as well...

:lol:

Well done for misunderstanding that quote and taking it out of all context. :lol:

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 05 Dec 2023 11:08

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy

Start Wing and Smith for the first half and it's a different game if we score first.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 05 Dec 2023 13:39

Snowflake Royal
Royal_jimmy

Thats the point I am making; right now in the circumstances we find ourselves in, raising revenues is the most important thing that we could (and should) have done; if we had won on Sunday we would have diminished the chances of failing to pay wages and then incur another points deduction.

Sometimes you need to focus on the immediate short term rather than think about the big picture.

442 posts