Opposition fans back from the game

4486 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Opposition fans back from the game

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Aug 2023 16:18

:lol: at you for not realising it's same thing.

You call them a nothing club, they call us plastic, we criticise both.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 21 Aug 2023 04:42

Royality creeps In From 1871 didn't even see or hear any Stevenage fans.
I guess they had one or two because there were a couple of Red shirts in the Fanzone before the game.

I think there were more fans on their bench accompanied what looked like Mr Blobby!

The attendance was 11,674, with 578 away fans. The away following was basically the same figure as Cheltenham on Tuesday. From the East Stand, it appeared there was fifty or so at the back of the stand periodically attempting to make some noise.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 21 Aug 2023 08:35

Apparently, there was a football related incident near the station on Saturday evening which resulted in a man in his '50s requiring medical attention. A section 35 dispersal order was issued. Not clear if the victim was from Reading, Stevenage, or an unfortunate passed by.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 21 Aug 2023 09:31

Need to be winning games like this. Reading were awful

Reading players throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity

Reading were really poor. They just had a nippy winger & that lump of a striker

Frustrating today as that was one of the more winnable games on paper...

the other frustrating thing Reading kept doing and that was vaining injury, it was like a sniper in the crowd, taking pot shots of them, this stiffled any plan we had cos the game kept stopping

If that is the type of football Reading fans want to see, g"d help us, let them have it

Bent Ref and diving Reading players

Can't believe Reading think we're local rivals, this is a mickey mouse game for us

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Aug 2023 09:37

paultheroyal

the other frustrating thing Reading kept doing and that was vaining injury, it was like a sniper in the crowd, taking pot shots of them, this stiffled any plan we had cos the game kept stopping

If that is the type of football Reading fans want to see, g"d help us, let them have it

Can't believe Reading think we're local rivals, this is a mickey mouse game for us

Christ on a bike, REALLY? this is Stevenage for fucks sakes, blind as well as stupid.
That lump of a striker that got 2 and had 1 disallowed.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 21 Aug 2023 09:51

paultheroyal

God there's a lot of shite in that.

"Vaining injury"? (Is that supposed to be feigning injury?) We had at least two players go off injured. I'm not sure what game plan Stevenage really had other than needlessly aggressive tackling. One of those aggressive challenges was what caused the first yellow for their guy who got sent off; the second yellow was a yellow, but their player was unlucky he got tangled with our player (Camara?).

Don't know any of our fans who thinks Stevenage is a local rival. I don't think any Luton fans would consider Stevenage a local rival.

Our "lump of a striker" has more technical ability that anyone in the Stevenage squad.

Stevenage fans:

traff

by traff » 21 Aug 2023 09:52

Also, I didn't notice our players looking in a mirror or doing their hair as they dived to the ground!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 Aug 2023 10:19

This is the sort of cr@p we are going to have to put up with from the fans of the teams we are going to play in this League, and will continue to do so until the team (eventually? Hopefully?) get promoted again.

Just suck it up.

The reality is that their fans obviously see us as a "big" team, otherwise they wouldn't get so upset about that defeat, so it somes ways they are giving us a back handed compliment.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Aug 2023 10:57

I'm glad others are as bemused at those comments as I was, I can see how our style of play would be unenjoyable if you're the opposition team but that comment about us seeing them as rivals must have been pulled out of thin air, I can't think of any Reading fan who would classify Stevenage as a rival. Unless of course they thought we hinged more importance on the game due to C1871 rushing towards them when we scored, which they unfortunately do to every team.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Aug 2023 11:35

Nothing noteworthy about any of those comments. Just the sort of banal stuff you'll find on any team's forum after any defeat against any club in the world.

Think about how stupid the average football supporter is - and then remember that they're the average, so 50% of them are more stupid than that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Aug 2023 11:39

I can’t be the only one that didn’t know what league Stevenage were in before the fixture list was announced.. :|

Why do they hate us so much? They’re just a glorified Sunday league team. Genuinely confusing.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Aug 2023 11:40

Dirk Gently Nothing noteworthy about any of those comments. Just the sort of banal stuff you'll find on any team's forum after any defeat against any club in the world.

Think about how stupid the average football supporter is - and then remember that they're the average, so 50% of them are more stupid than that.

Cheltenham we’re pretty reasonable, similar size club.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Aug 2023 11:53

CountryRoyal I can’t be the only one that didn’t know what league Stevenage were in before the fixture list was announced.. :|

Why do they hate us so much? They’re just a glorified Sunday league team. Genuinely confusing.

Club managed by professional chip on shoulder wearer and angry man Steve Evans in having chip on shoulder and being a bit angry shocker.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Aug 2023 12:05

Stranded
CountryRoyal I can’t be the only one that didn’t know what league Stevenage were in before the fixture list was announced.. :|

Club managed by professional chip on shoulder wearer and angry man Steve Evans in having chip on shoulder and being a bit angry shocker.

Is it normal to mirror the actions and behaviours of your manager? I don’t remember trying to be a clown when Pauno was in charge.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 21 Aug 2023 12:06

Yet you managed it

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Aug 2023 12:08

Silver Fox Yet you managed it

I literally set it up for you and that’s all you could manage. Pathetic.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 21 Aug 2023 12:38

Dirk Gently Nothing noteworthy about any of those comments. Just the sort of banal stuff you'll find on any team's forum after any defeat against any club in the world.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Aug 2023 12:53

tidus_mi2 I'm glad others are as bemused at those comments as I was, I can see how our style of play would be unenjoyable if you're the opposition team but that comment about us seeing them as rivals must have been pulled out of thin air, I can't think of any Reading fan who would classify Stevenage as a rival. Unless of course they thought we hinged more importance on the game due to C1871 rushing towards them when we scored, which they unfortunately do to every team.

Another club to file alongside Barcelona & Hove Albion and Boremuff supporters

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 21 Aug 2023 12:56

Sutekh
tidus_mi2 I'm glad others are as bemused at those comments as I was, I can see how our style of play would be unenjoyable if you're the opposition team but that comment about us seeing them as rivals must have been pulled out of thin air, I can't think of any Reading fan who would classify Stevenage as a rival. Unless of course they thought we hinged more importance on the game due to C1871 rushing towards them when we scored, which they unfortunately do to every team.

To be fair to BHA they really do have something to shout about at the moment
It may be only two games but they're currently top of the Premier League, and will be so until at least the weekend unless either Palace or Arsenal win by 5
(although not forgetting that Bristol City were top of the First Division after 6 games and went down)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Aug 2023 14:06

Franchise FC
Sutekh

To be fair to BHA they really do have something to shout about at the moment
It may be only two games but they're currently top of the Premier League, and will be so until at least the weekend unless either Palace or Arsenal win by 5
(although not forgetting that Bristol City were top of the First Division after 6 games and went down)

They’re still a massive shower of cnuts though.

4486 posts