McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

565 posts
elrey

Re: McDermott Sacked (AGAIN)

by elrey » 30 May 2016 11:26

I hate Real Madrid, they show what is wrong with football, they win the Champions League.

Reading is annoying now, sacking a manger every 6 months for no reason.

I think football is becoming nothing for me now....

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 May 2016 11:39

royalp-we Which will all be irrelevant should the changes prove successful and we have a decent season.

For which there is little reason to expect given the spiral of deterioration the club is in and the string of poor deciaions being made at the top.

I don't care who the manager was. We appointed someone with a good track record 5 months ago and then sacked them two or three weeks after the season ended. That's way after the poor performamce was over.

It comes down to this. We sacked the manager at the first run of poor performance. We are giving no one time to build a squad and success, we're lurching from one disaster to another.

Under this management we'd never have been promoted to the Premier League. Coppell would have gone after losing 3 3-0 in a row over Xmas and failing to make the play offs. McDermott would have gone after losing the first four of the season.

Hell, Pardew would have gone for his poor start.

McDermott did poorly with someone else's squad, who also did poorly with it, after the manager prior to that did poorly.

And the squad is going to be very different next season anyway.

Why sack McDermott at this point and not Clarke? Their first 25 league game record was EXACTLY the same. I hated Clarke and thought we were relegation certainties under him but even I didn't think we should sack him at this point. So it's got nothing to do with McDermott.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 30 May 2016 13:46

Ian Royal
royalp-we Which will all be irrelevant should the changes prove successful and we have a decent season.

For which there is little reason to expect given the spiral of deterioration the club is in and the string of poor deciaions being made at the top.

I don't care who the manager was. We appointed someone with a good track record 5 months ago and then sacked them two or three weeks after the season ended. That's way after the poor performamce was over.

It comes down to this. We sacked the manager at the first run of poor performance. We are giving no one time to build a squad and success, we're lurching from one disaster to another.

Under this management we'd never have been promoted to the Premier League. Coppell would have gone after losing 3 3-0 in a row over Xmas and failing to make the play offs. McDermott would have gone after losing the first four of the season.

Hell, Pardew would have gone for his poor start.

McDermott did poorly with someone else's squad, who also did poorly with it, after the manager prior to that did poorly.

And the squad is going to be very different next season anyway.

Why sack McDermott at this point and not Clarke? Their first 25 league game record was EXACTLY the same. I hated Clarke and thought we were relegation certainties under him but even I didn't think we should sack him at this point. So it's got nothing to do with McDermott.

I agree with all of that. No need for me to post. You are expressing my views for me. Thanks Ian.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 30 May 2016 13:47

elrey I hate Real Madrid, they show what is wrong with football, they win the Champions League.

Reading is annoying now, sacking a manger every 6 months for no reason.

I think football is becoming nothing for me now....

This is absolutely ridiculous.

I feel the same.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 May 2016 14:08

AthleticoSpizz ....and that there is where the problem is ( eureka moment)

Whatever your opinion of a manager that had proven past success with us.....the last thing that we needed right now is another sacking....we are currently leaderless....just like the Thais are clueless

Does it matter that we are "currently leaderless"?
It's summertime, there are nearly 3 months to go until the next season.
Plenty of time for things to be sorted.
Go and have a lie down,there is nothing you can do about it, and come back on here again when our new manager leads out our new team for the first league game in August on that beautiful Mad Stad turf unsullied by egg-chasers.

Meanwhile Brian can count his money until the next well paid job comes along as it surely will if all you on here that believe Brian is a top manager is a shared feeling with football owners across the land or abroad.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 May 2016 14:22

The owners are so clueless that I can genuinely forsee us starting next season without a manager.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 30 May 2016 14:26

CountryRoyal The owners are so clueless that I can genuinely forsee us starting next season without a manager.

Our manager will probably be on loan to us. We'll have Watford's Under 14's manager on a £2.5million season long loan.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 30 May 2016 14:49

royalp-we Looking through our squad list, with just a few additions it could be a good season.

This is going to drag on. See you all soon for the next hna? meltdown.

The same squad that has failed so badly for the last three seasons, minus anyone worth any money?plus some kids and nobodies?
I hope so, but cant really share your optimism

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 30 May 2016 15:09

Maneki Neko
royalp-we Looking through our squad list, with just a few additions it could be a good season.

The same squad that has failed so badly for the last three seasons, minus anyone worth any money?plus some kids and nobodies?

Yes Brends, just a week ago there was a fair amount of optimism on here as we have a fairly strong squad. They underperformed massively and several will have a good summer away from the club football. But now Brians gone, the way people are talking is that we should contemplate folding the club & are already relegated.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 30 May 2016 17:12

AirRaidSiren
AthleticoSpizz Glad to hear that

You have allayed all of my concerns

How weak.

Many forget our past, we have been in far worse positions and I've never ever seen an outcry as I have this sacking. Some of you are absolutely pathetic.

+1000

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 30 May 2016 17:13

Maneki Neko

Not forgetting the good moments too ... or had you forgotten them

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2016 17:53

Longhorn1970
AirRaidSiren
AthleticoSpizz Glad to hear that

You have allayed all of my concerns

How weak.

Many forget our past, we have been in far worse positions and I've never ever seen an outcry as I have this sacking. Some of you are absolutely pathetic.

+1000
what like the demonstrations on the pitch, barracking the manager/calling for a taxi....and all the other things that used to happen pre-interspazz?
Chill down, it's three days on, we are mellowing and coming to terms with our personal football martyrdom crusades

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 May 2016 20:09

AthleticoSpizz
Longhorn1970
AirRaidSiren
How weak.

+1000
what like the demonstrations on the pitch, barracking the manager/calling for a taxi....and all the other things that used to happen pre-interspazz?
Chill down, it's three days on, we are mellowing and coming to terms with our personal football martyrdom crusades

Yeah I recall being involved in at least two pitch invasions at Elm Park to protest at how shit we were. Mr Mad with his megaphone. "No one is working harder than me to put this right". Happy days mind.

History didn't start in 2006.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 May 2016 20:15

leon
AthleticoSpizz
Longhorn1970
+1000

Yeah I recall being involved in at least two pitch invasions at Elm Park to protest at how shit we were. Mr Mad with his megaphone. "No one is working harder than me to put this right". Happy days mind.

So why are so many on here (you and Athletico amongst them) treating the current position as an apocolypse.
It's just another manager moving on with millions in his back pocket.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2016 20:16

because we care

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 May 2016 20:21

Victor Meldrew
leon
AthleticoSpizz what like the demonstrations on the pitch, barracking the manager/calling for a taxi....and all the other things that used to happen pre-interspazz?

So why are so many on here (you and Athletico amongst them) treating the current position as an apocolypse.

Different circumstances entirely. We wanted to keep Brian not get rid of him.

Besides, you won't be saying that when Klop fcuks you over and moves to a big club.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 May 2016 20:29

AthleticoSpizz because we care

I dread to think what might happen to you if we get relegated or go into administration-two events that are beyond our control just as is the sacking or employing of a manager.
Just accept that there is nothing you can do, that you are addicted to a sport that is soulless , uncaring, without principles and besotted with money-our club is the same as all the rest.

I was much more disappointed when Maurice Evans was sacked and overjoyed that he went on to have such success with Oxford.
Maybe Brian will do the same and maybe our next manager will be a roaring success so everybody wins, including the Thais as they profit from development around the ground.

I think you need a dose of Hampshire Royal's positivity which is sadly missing at this difficult time.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 May 2016 20:32

leon
Victor Meldrew
leon

Different circumstances entirely. We wanted to keep Brian not get rid of him.

Besides, you won't be saying that when Klop fcuks you over and moves to a big club.

That sounds a little bit bitchy. :wink:
The German will move on one day but Liverpool is bigger than just one employee just as Reading is.
BTW a lot of people did not want Brian to be kept on any longer.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 May 2016 20:33

Fair comment

I am just apoplectic because of the timing and the needlessness of hiring the bloke in the first place

We will see

Personally, I think that it is all turning out a bit sh1t

Holistically, I am looking for any kind of positives

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 30 May 2016 20:43

AthleticoSpizz Fair comment

I am just apoplectic because of the timing and the needlessness of hiring the bloke in the first place

We will see

Personally, I think that it is all turning out a bit sh1t

Holistically, I am looking for any kind of positives

Have you got a Summer holiday booked? It will surely help.
Mind you, I can still remember being sat on a beach in Cornwall and reading that the marvellous Simon Osborn was on his way to QPR for £1 million and all that relaxation and recharging disappeared in seconds,
I don't think I have ever got over that just as when Neil Webb went for a paltry £85,000 to Pompey.
So, you might not ever fully get over Brian or the way the club now deals with things but time is a great healer. :wink:

565 posts